Silver Hayes on late...

DJ Cull

9 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Don't talk to me about LB. It is an absolute nightmare to clean and the crew are really arsey. Can we borrow a broom to help with this sheer weight of nos canisters that we need to clean up while you sit there? No? OK then. Beat Hotel mess runs it a close second.

<judges all areas and acts by sheer weight of rubbish>

And that Beat Hotel carpet must be a bugger to sweep...

:(

Ben

The rumour on site was there had been a sexual assault at LB hence the the rozzers being down there. Might have been that tall bloke putting his pecker on people...who knows. 

Walked past LB on Thursday as wanted to catch Mele. Walked straight past as it looked rammed and rowdy. Got some food and sat up the park and got wasted for a bit instead. The lineup was great but its position and attracted to crowd let it down. Ruined the Glade area a bit as well if for me.

18 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

No reason why they couldnt do it on the friday. Quite a few only play Awakenings on one day. Would love a cirez d set somewhere... Either Sonic headliner or Preferably Arcadia.

Yep. 2019 marks ten years since Prydz last played. I've been campaigning ever since then for him to return in whatever guise

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Don't talk to me about LB. It is an absolute nightmare to clean and the crew are really arsey. Can we borrow a broom to help with this sheer weight of nos canisters that we need to clean up while you sit there? No? OK then. Beat Hotel mess runs it a close second.

<judges all areas and acts by sheer weight of rubbish>

Totally agreed- the amount of nos cannisters was disgusting, the sea of mess was sickening. The love bullets tent seemed to appear out of nowhere and really feels out of character for that part of the festival..

14 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

Totally agreed- the amount of nos cannisters was disgusting, the sea of mess was sickening. The love bullets tent seemed to appear out of nowhere and really feels out of character for that part of the festival..

The crowning damnation (as in, on top of the delightful descriptions of possible sexual assaults - WHAT?!) for me was that the sound in Lovebullets was pretty shitty.

It was a bit of an insult when so close to the glorious sound on Glade.

However, given that it was rammo all festival, one can only assume it'll be back exactly the same next year...

Ben

3 hours ago, EZYSEY said:

The rumour on site was there had been a sexual assault at LB hence the the rozzers being down there. Might have been that tall bloke putting his pecker on people...who knows. 

Walked past LB on Thursday as wanted to catch Mele. Walked straight past as it looked rammed and rowdy. Got some food and sat up the park and got wasted for a bit instead. The lineup was great but its position and attracted to crowd let it down. Ruined the Glade area a bit as well if for me.

Really!? That’s awful... I heard there had been loads of fake notes being spent onsite... seen a notice on one of the traders shortly after so assumed that to be the case... I obviously don’t condone either but at least the fake notes didn’t make me question if I’d want to visit that part of the site 

18 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Really!? That’s awful... I heard there had been loads of fake notes being spent onsite... seen a notice on one of the traders shortly after so assumed that to be the case... I obviously don’t condone either but at least the fake notes didn’t make me question if I’d want to visit that part of the site 

Looks like both stories were true. Neither call out Love Bullets but actually SH and Beat Hotel.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/number-people-arrested-glastonbury-2017-137724

5 hours ago, EZYSEY said:

Might have been that tall bloke putting his pecker on people...who knows.

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

The crowning damnation (as in, on top of the delightful descriptions of possible sexual assaults - WHAT?!) for me was that the sound in Lovebullets was pretty shitty.

Did it sound a bit muffled and unbalanced Ben? Almost like you had something in your ear? :ninja:

• Upvote 4

I saw a couple getting stopped and searched for fake notes last year. Seemed to be quite rife.

In terms of late night stuff they have a couple of options to try and get people round the site.

break up the SE corner so areas are spread over.

Or stick a big tent somewhere like the size of the acoustic and have late night DJ’s or acts on. I know there’s sound issues with the licence but that’s the only way I can think people who move around.

Ive always wanted some acts on a big tent where you are free to move in and it if you need the toilet or a drink.

tried for SHY FX last year at Wow and there was no chance of getting anywhere near the tent.

Lovebullets, particularly last year, had a lot of big house/tech acts playing that are popular with the youth and shall we say 'unsavoury' types, similar sort of acts that Parklife books. I've never been to Parklife but I've heard terrible things about crowd trouble, might be some sort of cross section there.

Edited by Mouseboy11

8 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Ooooh whats the secret? Or is it too secret to write on here?

So my first year, 2016, that friday someone tells me just kind of casually that if you have a carrot you can skip the queue... thought they may have been messing with me. 

Its Sunday afternoon, I'm talking to my friends, and I see a carrot randomly sticking out of the mud (what are the chances?) So I pick it up and put it in my bag just in case. That's the night I get seperated from my friends... so my intention was to go try my luck with a carrot. I get there, wait in line, and have no fking idea what to do with this damn carrot... I feel stupid trying to use a carrot as some sort of currency. 

Then I hear the people behind me... "I wish we had a carrot so we could skip the queue like last night, etc etc" so they tell me to go up to the front of the queue and show my carrot. 

Apparently it was the wrong kind? I needed the green bits on the top for some reason. It honestly still seems like some sort of weird dream Ive had.  I brought the right kind of carrots the next year but didnt end up trying them. I'm not even sure I should post this, dont know how much of a secret its supposed to be.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

So my first year, 2016, that friday someone tells me just kind of casually that if you have a carrot you can skip the queue... thought they may have been messing with me. 

Its Sunday afternoon, I'm talking to my friends, and I see a carrot randomly sticking out of the mud (what are the chances?) So I pick it up and put it in my bag just in case. That's the night I get seperated from my friends... so my intention was to go try my luck with a carrot. I get there, wait in line, and have no fking idea what to do with this damn carrot... I feel stupid trying to use a carrot as some sort of currency. 

Then I hear the people behind me... "I wish we had a carrot so we could skip the queue like last night, etc etc" so they tell me to go up to the front of the queue and show my carrot. 

Apparently it was the wrong kind? I needed the green bits on the top for some reason. It honestly still seems like some sort of weird dream Ive had.  I brought the right kind of carrots the next year but didnt end up trying them. I'm not even sure I should post this, dont know how much of a secret its supposed to be.

So exactly what drugs have they legalised in Canada??

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Nobody has stories like this from Latitude.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I have no frame of reference and know nothing about any UK fests besides Glasto

1 minute ago, mashedonmud said:

I'd love to tell you if that's a secret. But I've been told it's a secret to tell if it's a secret. I hope you can keep this under your hat. ?

Good call. I'm horrible with secrets but I'll do my best.

48 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

So exactly what drugs have they legalised in Canada??

The ones we all already smoked anyways ?

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

A-ha I had heard rumours about carrots. Weird that there must be a specific type! Or maybe they don't and the secret is something else....

42 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

A-ha I had heard rumours about carrots. Weird that there must be a specific type! Or maybe they don't and the secret is something else....

The people behind me in line said the night before it had worked... I also imagine they change the rules some nights as I was never asked a "question" to get in. 

You used to get asked riddle or something to get in, but i’ve not been up there for years. I loved it, but then it became a victim of its own success, long queues, hard to get served cos it was so busy etc. It’s now the sort of place the Eavii take people to show them what Glastonbury’s like. But i saw one of my favourite ever sets there, the Age of Glass one Sunday lunchtime. Gloriously unhinged.

2 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Camberwell carrott?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

One year whilst heavily intoxicated at Latitude (having recently spent time at Glastonbury in lots of micro-venues), I found a mysterious looking shed hidden somewhere in the woods with the door very slightly ajar so I ventured inside... had some gardening tools in it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11