Park Stage 2019

Tuna

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Seems a fair shout actually. Could see him doing it on the Sunday and The Good The Bad & The Queen doing it on the Friday.

Yep. I had actually thought TGTBTQ were at Werchter on Friday but it's Saturday they're there, and I think there'll be a band for the older crowd headlining Friday on the Park against Stormzy, Tame Impala and probably a dance act so yeah that works.

2 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

I always relate The Park to End of The Road, so I reckon Kiwanuka and SVE.

1 minute ago, mario man said:

Kurt Vile surely nailed on for Park late afternoon/early eve 

As recent Park players, I think Sharon and Kurt will be elsewhere.

I'd be very happy to see Sharon in the John Peel actually.   Her latest is probably my album of the year so far and all of her tour dates clash with other things for me.   I can't see me persuading any of my group to see her if she's in a head/sub slot so about 6pm-ish would be lovely.

9 minutes ago, mario man said:

Also This is the Kit? Saw them last year at APE and they were great 

Saw them a few weeks ago at The Roundhouse. Top stuff from Kate and the gang.!

I was thinking more fairly high Acoustic or top of Avalon for them.?

3 minutes ago, Ollie 1995 said:

Seen Rex Orange County is confirmed for Sunday on The Park. Anyone know where this info has come from? I can't seem to find anything.

Also is he expected to headline? Expected him to play a bigger stage but at an earlier time for some reason..

I think he'll sub it. Same slot as Sampha got last time, and I'd say Rex is a similar size to Sampha in 2017.

Not sure about Michael Kiwanuka being a Park headliner. I see him as a similar size to Gregory Porter, didn’t he play mid afternoon West Holtz first time and then early Pyramid second? Maybe I’m bias as I want to see him but don’t want him to clash so would prefer an earlier in the day slot