Park Stage 2019

Tuna

Villagers

Kurt Vile

Teleman 

Rolling Blackouts CF

Public Service Broadcasting (though not sure they’ll still be touring next year?)

Oh Sees... although I did suggest them in the JP thread where they may be a better fit...however they’d be a bloody good headliner for The Park!

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Slayer would play the Truth stage surely? Made for them and the dates work.

Far away from main stages and BBC cameras though. Which is just as well because they're a fucking terrible band. 

Yeah who even listens to that noise, have they even won two grammy awards. Doubt it. I just don't understand the youth of today.

Having thought about it they would definitely deserve a higher slot than a Park headliner.

2 hours ago, mario man said:

Rolling Blackouts CF

Public Service Broadcasting (though not sure they’ll still be touring next year?)

Oh Sees... although I did suggest them in the JP thread where they may be a better fit...however they’d be a bloody good headliner for The Park!

PSB & OS would be good.

Saw Rolling Blackouts CF recently and I was very disappointed, sadly. Not often I get bored at a gig, but it was pretty uninspiring middle-of-the-road stuff.

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

I say it every year and it never happens but Julia Holter please please please.

Yes please!

Also Mazzy Star, Kelly Lee Owens, Nilüfer Yanya, Tirzah, Yellow Days, Beach House, Snail Mail, Washed Out, Hookworms, Wye Oak, Goat Girl and Soccer Mommy.

Mazzy Star, Kelly Lee Owens & Goat Girl are good shouts - haven't heard the rest (apart from Hookworms who have also bored my socks off recently ?), so I've got some new listening to do, thanks!

2 hours ago, mario man said:

Villagers

Kurt Vile

Teleman 

Rolling Blackouts CF

PSB might be too big, but there's nobody Parkier than Kurt Vile.

Funny old stage, The Park. I’ve seen some of my favourite ever performances there, but i’ve also seen some of my most beloved acts crash and burn there. It’s a stage that responds to big communal gestures and acts, and a stage where smaller, more intimate performances can really get lost and just float away over the crowd. I think it’s a pretty terrible stage for soppy-arse fey singer songwriters (which is very much brand Mardy)

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

King Gizzard could headline the Park for me. The YYYs too.

Hopkins would be good.

The oh seas, The War on Drugs. Both suited.

Seen SFA & The Flaming Lips headline there in the last few years. A great stage at that time of night.

You’ve nailed it there. 

Karen O thrashing about in something sparkly would be top drawer. 

6 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm just excited at the prospect of the Park stage staying open later at night, maybe getting some nerdy electronic acts on the go like Kelly Lee Owens, Four Tet, Mount Kimbie.

James Holden would also fit the bill nicely there I reckon.

Perhaps Maribou State as well.

Edited by rubenz