Park Stage 2019

Tuna

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The year of MBV making us all shit ourselves at the Park.

Yes this would be excellent, but it would require MBV getting their shit together.

Should have also added Jarvis to the OP, seems like a shoo in rly.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

All those other shit stages are getting threads so here's one too.

Yo La Tengo are top of me wishlist, as they are every year. Saw someone mention Low too, that would be nice. 

Same, missed them thanks to a wedding earlier in the year.

I'm really hoping Confidence Man are playing and Park would be my favourite spot for them.

2 minutes ago, TheBurns said:

Same, missed them thanks to a wedding earlier in the year.

I'm really hoping Confidence Man are playing and Park would be my favourite spot for them.

Yeah I would also love to see CM, though I fear they'll be plonked in the JPT.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm just excited at the prospect of the Park stage staying open later at night, maybe getting some nerdy electronic acts on the go like Kelly Lee Owens, Four Tet, Mount Kimbie.

Oo, this is news to me -- where's this come from?

23 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The year of MBV making us all shit ourselves at the Park.

20 minutes ago, Fishman said:

SLAYER!

What these two have said. Also Sundara Karma, Fuzz

Slayer would be sick. Distinct lack of metal at Glastonbury and they're often on tour in the U.K. so why not. I would want them on a bigger stage with the chance of it pissing off a few BBC viewers.

Edited by Radi0Head

21 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Yes this would be excellent, but it would require MBV getting their shit together.

Should have also added Jarvis to the OP, seems like a shoo in rly.

Yeah true. I thought they were a likely Park headliner at first with the talk of new material but with each passing day I'm thinking other acts look more likely.

And yeah Jarvis is my number one prediction for Park headliner.

2 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Sharon Van Etten please. Late in the evening at a time when there's no-one else on I wanna see.

Played 3rd down Park in 2015 so doubt she'd return to do basically the same slot.

Edit: Although with someone like her, where else do you put her if not the Park?

Edited by Gucci Piggy

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Played 3rd down Park in 2015 so doubt she'd return to do basically the same slot.

Edit: Although with someone like her, where else do you put her if not the Park?

Yeah exactly. Would be a very welcome return, anyway.

42 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Have a look at the questions with Michael Thread. Emily said the Park and Silver Hayes will run later to help relieve the SE crush (plush any area is being added there too)

Some of the venues in the Park already run until 6 so does this mean the main park stage itself will run later? 

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Starts well before Park Stage finishes anyway so it shouldn't matter.

Do think Arcadia needs shifting on now, but that's for another time.

Yeah Arcadia needs to go somewhere else north of the railway line. Trying to get around at night is carnage as it is, all the nighttime stuff is clustered around the railway line and south of it, so the entire site just converges into going one direction.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah Arcadia needs to go somewhere else north of the railway line. Trying to get around at night is carnage as it is, all the nighttime stuff is clustered around the railway line and south of it, so the entire site just converges into going one direction.

I agree with you but isn't it all down ro noise pollution?