John Peel Stage 2019

McCor

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Come to think of it I don't think Hookworms have ever done G, I get the sense they'd rather eschew the bigger fests in favour of smaller more curated ones.

Is it not just that they were a relatively niche concern until, like, this year?  They've done Latitude in the past, at least. Be surprised if they weren't there.

EDIT: Oh, and APE this year. Packed the tent out at EOTR too, big queues out the doors.

Edited by Mash011

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Is it not just that they were a relatively niche concern until, like, this year?  They've done Latitude in the past, at least. Be surprised if they weren't there.

EDIT: Oh, and APE this year. Packed the tent out at EOTR too, big queues out the doors.

Huh, I thought they'd maintained a pretty much constant size since the first album to be honest. Didn't notice so much interest at EotR, there was loads of space down the front where I was.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Huh, I thought they'd maintained a pretty much constant size since the first album to be honest. Didn't notice so much interest at EotR, there was loads of space down the front where I was.

Well yeah EOTR are really weird cos they shut off the tent and go to 1-in-1-out while there's still a shitload of space. Same for Idles. But just going off album charts they've gone to #18 from #72 on the last one so, yeah, big jump.

First time I saw Hook and the Worms was just after Pearl Mystic was released at Latitude. They have most definitely gotten a lot, lot bigger. Is it definitely a bit of an oddity that they haven't played Glastonbury; I'd be surprised if they hadn't been approached at some point.

2 hours ago, RyanS said:

I think they were actually on before Bat for Lashes.  I seem to remember having a run of Enter Shikari - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Bat for Lashes - Bon Iver on the Other that day.   Great day topped off with the greatest headline set of all time on the Pyramid.

Good God that was a good year. Neil Young, YYYs, Spinal Tap, Nick Cave, Bluuuuuuuuuuur. I made good choices.

I mean it's always a good year though isn't it.

Is anyone else way more excited at all the potential JP names being thrown around, rather than the Other?

1 hour ago, Quark said:

In my head Spritualized would be more of a Park act. Don't know why.

Agreed. There's definitely a lot of overlap between the 2 stages, but in general the JP tends to book acts aiming at a younger crowd, the Park for those of us a little longer in the tooth. Although now that the JP is much bigger that influences things too (eg Sigur Ros).

Spiritualized would make a very fine Sunday headliner for the Park.

28 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Agreed. There's definitely a lot of overlap between the 2 stages, but in general the JP tends to book acts aiming at a younger crowd, the Park for those of us a little longer in the tooth. Although now that the JP is much bigger that influences things too (eg Sigur Ros).

Spiritualized would make a very fine Sunday headliner for the Park.

Unless it clashes with Robyn in JPT. That would make me sad.

I don’t right know what they’re up to nowadays but I wonder if Placebo could be in with a shot at headlining this stage. Back on the last festival, I think they hadn’t played a UK fest in nearly ten years but have since headlined the second stage at Latitude. Just popped into my head the other day idk.

On 10/16/2018 at 2:19 PM, Mash011 said:

That bloody Eotr tent is the bane of my existence, so hot in there and the capacity limit is tiny, missed Idles thanks to it this year and almost passed out last year 

44 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t right know what they’re up to nowadays but I wonder if Placebo could be in with a shot at headlining this stage. Back on the last festival, I think they hadn’t played a UK fest in nearly ten years but have since headlined the second stage at Latitude. Just popped into my head the other day idk.

Bring the hits and I'm there. 

None of Macca, The Cure or 1975 or Mumford would see me missing a headliner epic from Robyn, especially if it’s in John Peel, that’d be magical! A Jungle headline slot would also be tempting but to avoid upsetting clashes can we schedule them in late afternoon somewhere else please? Thanks.

Edited by The Clearest Blue
Spelling stupidity