John Peel Stage 2019

McCor

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Can we switch it up for a NIN secret set please? :) Trent in the JP!!!!

I mean, I'd certainly take NIN over Muse but if there is a secret set in there in the same vein as The Killers last year I think Muse are a decent shout for it. I'm not actually expecting it or sticking it in my predictions or owt, but yeah.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

I believe Muse will play because they are a house band and it will be practice for the stadiums if they are after Glastonbury but what makes you think they will. Muse, The Cure, Kendrick, Interpol, Tame Impala would make it the best for me. Muse are probably never not being my favourite band with Radiohead. Cannot wait for it. Also, are you going Gucci, to Glastonbury?

I am indeed.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

All aboard that train.  Dancing On My Own kicking up a storm and drowning out the sound of Macca entering the 150th chorus of Hey Jude.

Have you seen her before, Quark? She's absolutely fucking sensational live, like a hugely powerful sky god focusing all her energies to take on human form for 2 hours.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Have you seen her before, Quark? She's absolutely fucking sensational live, like a hugely powerful sky god focusing all her energies to take on human form for 2 hours.

I have not.  She would definitely be a strong draw for me, although I would probably be the only one out of my group if she's up against one of the big hitters.

See you there :D

Having seen Ides a few times in small venues, I'm not sure how they would work on a open air stage. JP would probably be the best place for them.

Car Seat Headrest? They got an 11am 30min slot on the Park last time so I'm hoping for bigger this time around.

Parquet Courts too would be good.

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

How about Suede? Enjoying a mini-renaissance, in blistering live form and probably not Other headline material. I think the JP would suit them down to the ground.

and IDLES, surely a shoo-in

I don't think they'd come back to do the same slot, heard they were excellent on Sunday in Dublin though, despite the poor venue.

Just now, Hotchilidog said:

Aye, and hopefully not just before the Muse secret set so the crowd is just full of people waiting for that and I can't get anywhere near to the front and there's a bunch of people sitting on the ground looking bored right in front of me <_<

Although, also...maybe on the Other?

3 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

How about Suede? Enjoying a mini-renaissance, in blistering live form and probably not Other headline material. I think the JP would suit them down to the ground.

Yeah, they only headlined a few years ago. Pulled a massive crowd though!

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Been saying for ages that I'd love to see the YYY's headline one night. 

As I've said elsewhere on here I reckon they're too big - their APE sub spot and crowd would certainly suggest that.

Plus, and perhaps more significantly,  Karen O has a solo album out early next year and is doing some shows in support of that. Now I could def see her getting a slot high up in the JP. 

4 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

YYY's were great on Other a few years back, but came on 20 mins or so earlier than schedules much to many arrivals annoyance. Luckily we were already there! (Think we had just watched Bat for Lashes).

I think they were actually on before Bat for Lashes.  I seem to remember having a run of Enter Shikari - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Bat for Lashes - Bon Iver on the Other that day.   Great day topped off with the greatest headline set of all time on the Pyramid.

8 minutes ago, RyanS said:

I think they were actually on before Bat for Lashes.  I seem to remember having a run of Enter Shikari - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Bat for Lashes - Bon Iver on the Other that day.   Great day topped off with the greatest headline set of all time on the Pyramid.

That sounds right, remember Bon Iver being on the same time yes, and spending the day over there. Was that Blur day then? My word that was fantastic then!!