John Peel Stage 2019

McCor

On 3/16/2019 at 2:31 PM, Mattymooz said:

Could Jon Hopkins sub the tent? Struggling to fit everyone in that we know is playing. I currently have something looking like:

FRI: Snow Patrol / Frank Turner / Loyle Carner

SAT: Orbital / Jon Hopkins / Santigold

SUN: The Streets / Friendly Fires / Sharon Van Etten

Friendly Fires into The Streets yeah baby!

15 hours ago, sisco said:

Certainly the hardest stage to predict at the min.  Is Jon Hopkins big enough to headline it? 

If Years and Years weren’t down for the other I’d have predicted them.  The Streets, Bastille and Snow Patrol In with a shout too.

Personally I thought he was too big to headline it and destined for headlining West Holts but I always forget how much room there actually is (and they put Fatboy Slim in there the other year, grant because he wanted to play the stage). 

I'm certainly expecting Jon to headline it because otherwise I have no idea where he's playing... 

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Personally I thought he was too big to headline it and destined for headlining West Holts but I always forget how much room there actually is (and they put Fatboy Slim in there the other year, grant because he wanted to play the stage). 

I'm certainly expecting Jon to headline it because otherwise I have no idea where he's playing... 

That was my line of thinking as well, though if he is subbing it means I'll be able to catch both Jon and Hot Chip on the Saturday for a nice 2015 reversal 

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Homer said:

Seen that Friendly Fires are TBC for the JP Tent on Sunday. Are they likely to sub or headline? Either way, I guess they're clashing with The Cure's marathon set!

Sure the person with the info said they weren’t headlining