John Peel Stage 2019

McCor

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

What do we reckon? Interpol // Jon Hopkins // The Streets as headliners? Or does Orbital still have a slot?

I don't think Interpol will headline it. Jon Hopkins seems more appropriate for WH Friday as well. Only suggestion I have is Snow Patrol, could otherwise still be under wraps (like Orbital) judging by the poster.

Could Jon Hopkins sub the tent? Struggling to fit everyone in that we know is playing. I currently have something looking like:

FRI: Snow Patrol / Frank Turner / Loyle Carner

SAT: Orbital / Jon Hopkins / Santigold

SUN: The Streets / Friendly Fires / Sharon Van Etten

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Could Jon Hopkins sub the tent? Struggling to fit everyone in that we know is playing. I currently have something looking like:

I guess he is coheadlining Bluedot with Hot Chip, who play a smaller stage that night. I’d keep Orbital Friday (given that The Prodigy would’ve stolen their audience initially if Saturday) but maybe Jon subs The Streets instead and Snow Patrol round things off?

edit: btw, Frank Turner is probably a safer bet for headlining Left Field one night than a decent slot on a main stage.

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I guess he is coheadlining Bluedot with Hot Chip, who play a smaller stage that night. I’d keep Orbital Friday (given that The Prodigy would’ve stolen their audience initially if Saturday) but maybe Jon subs The Streets instead and Snow Patrol round things off?

edit: btw, Frank Turner is probably a safer bet for headlining Left Field one night than a decent slot on a main stage.

-Jon is saturday according to his website, if orbital are around could be west holts dance headliner, cause i'd still guess lauryn hill is probably on pyramid

13 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Ah, really? couldn't see anything in this thread or the rumours page about it being specifically JP?

On 2/14/2019 at 2:42 PM, Peanut butter vibes said:

My dad is mates with Paul from Orbital (he repairs equipment and has fixed some stuff for them), they're headlining the John Peel not West Holts

4 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah he’d be a big sub but it’s not impossible. That trio would surely be the biggest they’d ever had on that stage. I know they’re not popular on here but Snow Patrol especially are a fair bit bigger than any previous John Peel headliner, although other than late afternoon Pyramid I’m not sure where else they could go.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Yeah he’d be a big sub but it’s not impossible. That trio would surely be the biggest they’d ever had on that stage. I know they’re not popular on here but Snow Patrol especially are a fair bit bigger than any previous John Peel headliner, although other than late afternoon Pyramid I’m not sure where else they could go.

I reckon Snow Patrol will either sub the other or 3rd/4th Pyramid. 

The Streets in JP looks likely due to their low position on the poster

40 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I have other acts in all their potential slots atm

3rd main: Metal Slot / Miley Cyrus / Vampire Weekend

4th main: Ms. Lauryn Hill / Bastille / Kylie

5th main: Sheryl Crow / Cat Power / Interpol

Other Sub: Two Door Cinema Club / Courteeners / Christine & The Queens

Think them as a JP headliner would make sense to help distribute the anti Stormzy crowd (then again it could also just cause a crush in that tent idk)

I felt sorry for Interpol being stuck on before Arctic Monkeys at TRNSMT but imagine how badly they’d go down before Kylie :lol: 

But yeah generally I do agree with most of that. I agree with dental that Orbital make more sense for the Friday but Snow Patrol could certainly do another night.

• 2 weeks later...