John Peel Stage 2019

McCor

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’m not that clued in with them nowadays but I recall some grievance that their 20th anniversary tour missed out a lot of the big hits. So probably wouldn’t get hopes up if announced.

I can't speak for the whole tour but I had no complaints the night I went to. Played something from every album and covered pretty much all of their big hits!

A shorter set at Glastonbury obvs makes it more difficult though. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/placebo/2016/the-sse-arena-wembley-london-england-3fbc1b7.html

Just now, dentalplan said:

It’s a Gaga-adjacent slot anyway.

Good, because if I journeyed the treacherous deserts to reach John Peel and they bring out a goddamn SLOW VERSION of 36 Degrees, I'd be liable to climb up on stage and karate chop Brian in the throat.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Good, because if I journeyed the treacherous deserts to reach John Peel and they bring out a goddamn SLOW VERSION of 36 Degrees, I'd be liable to climb up on stage and karate chop Brian in the throat.

Uugh, hate it when bands do that.  The slow versions, not the karate chop thing.

Lightning Seeds did it with Marvellous in 2010. Boooo

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t right know what they’re up to nowadays but I wonder if Placebo could be in with a shot at headlining this stage. Back on the last festival, I think they hadn’t played a UK fest in nearly ten years but have since headlined the second stage at Latitude. Just popped into my head the other day idk.

I have a lot of love for this suggestion :) I would love to see them in the JP too actually, seems like a nice fit! And I don't think I've ever seen a headliner in the JP

Saw Boy Azooga last week, fully expect to see them in the JP next year. It was a gig in 3 parts - most of the songs from the (excellent) album, a heavier section which kicked off a surprising mosh pit, and then for an encore, with a load of extra musicians, an extended cover of Boogie Nights. Marvellous.

Spanish garage rockers the Parrots were the first of 2 support bands and were brilliant fun. Hope they're there too (maybe more likely Williams Green).

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Saw Boy Azooga last week, fully expect to see them in the JP next year. It was a gig in 3 parts - most of the songs from the (excellent) album, a heavier section which kicked off a surprising mosh pit, and then for an encore, with a load of extra musicians, an extended cover of Boogie Nights. Marvellous.

Spanish garage rockers the Parrots were the first of 2 support bands and were brilliant fun. Hope they're there too (maybe more likely Williams Green).

They've played Crow's Nest at least once. Heavenly Records, U C.

5 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

They would be ace in the JP. Saw them at GM and they finished with an extended cover of Jungle Boogie and like you said they brought on a load of mates with trombones etc; even Big Jeff had a go on the maracas....it was epic.

18 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I saw them in brum 2 weeks ago, superb stuff ? really hoping they play next year 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 7:03 PM, dentalplan said:

They've played Crow's Nest at least once. Heavenly Records, U C.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:04 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yep, last time out I think - would have made the effort had I realised just how much fun they were.

That Crow's Nest set was incredible fun, one of my highlights of that year. Went along not knowing what I was in for just that they were mates with Hinds. So much energy in that little tent and yer man spent about half the gig bouncing around in the crowd. Would really like to see them again some day.

Edited by Mash011

• 2 weeks later...

Robyn's album has had repeated spins.  I am more convinced than ever that this should be a thing. Make it so.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, ironmike8 said:

I'd like to see Francis and the Lights in the JP, think it would work well.

Good shout.

• 3 months later...