John Peel Stage 2019

McCor

My current prediction is Courteeners, Interpol and CHVRCHES as the headliners, with the following appearing over the weekend:

Bastille, James Bay, Gerry Cinnamon, Lily Allen, Courtney Barnett, Kaiser Chiefs, Marshmello, Let's Eat Grandma, No Rome, Miles Kane, Kodaline, Mumford and Sons (in a secret set), Lewis Capaldi, Franz Ferdinand, Slaves, Jake Shears, Ash, Cabbage, Tove Lo, Confidence Man, The Japanese House, Rat Boy, Bodega, Savages, the Emerging Talent Winner

Quite probable that some of those should be swapped out for lesser-known acts but I don't have a clue who those would be :P 

6 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Slow Readers Club and White Lies should be in there I think

Just came in to say SRC. They sounded ace at Beautiful Days, but I just wasn't quite in the right frame of mind so only caught a few songs. Reckon JP would definitely suit them.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given the reaction IDLES have been getting it wouldn't shock me to see them reasonably high up the Other.

I'm not sure, they'd be quite low if they were Other I think, 2017 had the three acts below the Other headliner as Stormzy, Liam G, Courteeners etc. I don't think Idles have the mainstream pull that those acts do. See them more as London Grammar/Frank Carter size.

Just now, Bovla said:

I'm not sure, they'd be quite low if they were Other I think, 2017 had the three acts below the Other headliner as Stormzy, Liam G, Courteeners etc. I don't think Idles have the mainstream pull that those acts do. See them more as London Grammar/Frank Carter size.

You may be right, high up the JP it is then.

24 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Any (or all) of:

Richard Ashcroft - possible headliner?

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Pond

Brian Jonestown Massacre

Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats

The Coral

Groove Armada

Grimes

The Horrors

The Dandy Warhols

I would love to see them on the farm but they never seem to be there

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Am I right in thinking CHVRCHES first Glastonbury appearance was in the JPT? 2014 maybe? 

Can imagine they'd be keen on coming back to headline it after subbing the Other last time. 

They should have put out a better album then.

EDIT: Sorry misread that as "Can't imagine". Still, point stands, being knocked down to JP headliner is exactly right for them right now.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think it was 2000 when they last played?! Coldplay have HEADLINED three times in that time! :lol: 

It's definitely about time. They're active next year so it's a start, I guess

I was hoping for them in 2015, they were in Europe around the time of the festival. I seem to remember someone saying they don't have a good relationship with the festival, although I could have just made that up.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Big enough for West Holts headliner?

Well yeah, there's not really any difference in size between a Holts headliner and a JP headliner (JP arguably the bigger ones actually). I reckon she's more a fit JP , but wouldn't look out of place on WH. Going with JP because it's really the de-facto Radio 1 stage and they're all time best ever pals with Robyn.

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Muse secret set nailed on. Stick Mumfords on the Park to follow Elbow last year in the "secret set to fall asleep to" slot.

I believe Muse will play because they are a house band and it will be practice for the stadiums if they are after Glastonbury but what makes you think they will. Muse, The Cure, Kendrick, Interpol, Tame Impala would make it the best for me. Muse are probably never not being my favourite band with Radiohead. Cannot wait for it. Also, are you going Gucci, to Glastonbury?