Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

10 minutes ago, gittinsell said:

Could the Prodigy be a potential Other stage headliner do we think? Last played 2009 I believe

9 minutes ago, chatty said:

What's the odds on Prodigy doing a night, new album out, ain't played for near ten years?

Would be a decent alternative to Stormzy, Cure or Macca tbf. 

Odds are about as good as any other year gone by really. They tour all the time and have dodged Glastonbury the past few years, but could well be back after a ten year gap. If Chemical Brothers aren't there next year and perhaps choose to do 2020 instead I'm seeing The Prodigy there in their place.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I suppose they were always gonna be getting a good slot with the continued success they've had. Would've said a Pyramid slot if they hadn't already done that last time, so suppose Other headliner/sub is the only realistic place for them.

Wolf Alice Other headliner is crazy!, The Streets I defo think are more likely for Other headliner, Noel has now gone on a a SR for Glastonbury so I think he's either opening Other as he suggested in an interview or he's subbing Macca as a condition choice maybe of his accepting to do it. I struggle to see him taking 3rd/4th when his brother or doing sub

Edited by thewayiam

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Wolf Alice Other headliner is crazy!, The Streets I defo think are more likely for Other headliner, Noel has now gone on a a SR for Glastonbury so I think he's either opening Other as he suggested in an interview or he's subbing Macca as a condition choice maybe of his accepting to do it. I struggle to see him taking 3rd/4th when his brother or doing sub

I'm guessing the Noel thing has come from the thing Neil saw, but I really struggle to see how both Noel and Liam fit in to one year as having them both sub would be stupid but I can't see either taking a lower slot. Maybe a secret set for Noel? Or just misinformation on one of them...

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The Noel playing 2020 thing people were suggesting makes much more sense. He’s toured this album to death so would be a bit of a boring choice for next year but he’ll probably have a new album out by 2020.

Then again Stormzy's Instagram post is even funnier if Noely G is playing a lower slot than him next year.

Not that I'm saying his post implies that, it'd just be funny. I agree on the 2020 thing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The Noel playing 2020 thing people were suggesting makes much more sense. He’s toured this album to death so would be a bit of a boring choice for next year but he’ll probably have a new album out by 2020.

I don’t understand why there’d be a whole load of rumours for next year (2019) and then suddenly.... oh Noel is playing 2020.  Makes no sense to me.  

As the Stormzy stuff has turned out to be correct (by the look of it) I’m inclined to believe the rest and that includes Noel being there this time. 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A strong headliner on the other against stormzy on the pyramid is a must bearing in mind the demographic of a typical Glastonbury crowd. Having said that it’s glasto, you always find something somewhere to your tastes. 

Not sure that the strength of the Other headliners really comes into any more than it normally would. The only time it really becomes a consideration is when you've got an almost universally popular act on the Pyramid (like when the Stones played), and you may want to try and avoid all 180k odd people on site descending on the Pyramid, and let's be honest Stormzy isn't going to get that.

9 minutes ago, uscore said:

I think there's a neat symmetry in having Noel and Liam sub the pyramid on Friday and Sunday.  I wouldn't watch either of them, but would quite like the aesthetic of it on the lineup. 

Wasting two sub slots on washed up Gallagher brothers when they could give it to interesting acts or acts on the up would be awful. Give em to Lana Del Rey, Vampire Weekend, Childish Gambino, The War on Drugs, Bon Iver.

35 minutes ago, sisco said:

I don’t understand why there’d be a whole load of rumours for next year (2019) and then suddenly.... oh Noel is playing 2020.  Makes no sense to me.  

As the Stormzy stuff has turned out to be correct (by the look of it) I’m inclined to believe the rest and that includes Noel being there this time. 

Agreed, he has already said about new stuff coming Noel so will have something new to play. He's probably going to get a sub down to everyone wanting to play 2020 and they can offer him higher than usual lol.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Agreed, he has already said about new stuff coming Noel so will have something new to play. He's probably going to get a sub down to everyone wanting to play 2020 and they can offer him higher than usual lol.

no fucking subs are turning down a slot because they want to play 2020. you think fuck.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Stormzy - Paul McCartney - The Cure
Liam Gallagher - Childish Gambino - Noel Gallagher's HFB - Kylie Minogue
George Ezra - Wolf Alice - The Streets - The Chemical Brothers - Dua Lipa

So adding Wolf Alice as a likely candidate for the Other to the generally believed potentials (and those janky ass subs) then the top of the poster looks like that. ? or ? ??

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't get why so many people are sticking Childish Gambino below Macca when the info was for him subbing Stormzy. I think Neil's take on it is much more likely.

It said Liam or Gambino that night. What's Neil's take?

edit: anyway it doesn't matter. The poster would still add up the same.

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It said Liam or Gambino that night. What's Neil's take?

edit: anyway it doesn't matter. The poster would still add up the same.

Neil's take was that Gambino isn't signed up yet and that Liam will sub him if Gambino doesn't play and play another day if he does.

I just find it weird that the only indication we have that he could be playing is a rumour that he could be subbing Stormzy and people are predicting him to sub on another day.

Unless those people's take is that the people who broke the news just know that Gambino and Liam are two of the subs so said that it's likely one of them will sub Stormzy, in which case fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Neil's take was that Gambino isn't signed up yet and that Liam will sub him if Gambino doesn't play and play another day if he does.

I just find it weird that the only indication we have that he could be playing is a rumour that he could be subbing Stormzy and people are predicting him to sub on another day.

Unless those people's take is that the people who broke the news just know that Gambino and Liam are two of the subs so said that it's likely one of them will sub Stormzy, in which case fair enough.

Yeah I thought most people were thinking that. I definitely was.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Stormzy - Paul McCartney - The Cure
Liam Gallagher - Childish Gambino - Noel Gallagher's HFB - Kylie Minogue
George Ezra - Wolf Alice - The Streets - The Chemical Brothers - Dua Lipa

So adding Wolf Alice as a likely candidate for the Other to the generally believed potentials (and those janky ass subs) then the top of the poster looks like that. ? or ? ??

I'll take Gambino and Chems. Rest is some serious ??????. I can't imagine anything more tedious than both the stinkin' Gallaghers subbing in the same year.