Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Headliner? Not the type of act who've typically been booked to headline it the last fews years. Could still see them subbing.

Yes mate from what i've been told… will know around after the Christmas week i'm pretty sure B)

Can't see them up against Macca or The Cure… have to be Stormzy or Gaga really be default IMO

I wonder who they’ll put up against Stormzy. They had Massive Attack and Deadmau5 headlining Other when Jay-Z and Kanye headlined, so I’m not really expecting a big guitar act. Bon Iver would be great but I’m expecting something more electronic. 

I thought Wolf Alice were going away for a while? I was expecting them to headline Other in 2020.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I wonder who they’ll put up against Stormzy. They had Massive Attack and Deadmau5 headlining Other when Jay-Z and Kanye headlined, so I’m not really expecting a big guitar act. Bon Iver would be great but I’m expecting something more electronic. 

I thought Wolf Alice were going away for a while? I was expecting them to headline Other in 2020.

I thought that as well, this summer was just a few random EU slots to test material.

FWIW I think 2020 Other would be better suited… not nailed on but I very much believe it's there for them

13 minutes ago, jyoung said:

With it looking like Stormzy - The Cure - Macca. What are we thinking for OS? IIRC, The Streets were mooted for Friday night but that seems an odd clash to me? Still praying Bon Iver take one of the slots. What we saying?!

I did have Kraftwerk/The Streets/Chems down on my prediction but someone said earlier that Wolf Alice have been offered the position.

With Kevin Parker saying not long ago that there had been talk of Tame Impala headlining Other I reckon they're actively trying to get a newer indie band for one of the nights. I can definitely see Bon Iver being an exclusive at APE. If they are actively trying to get a newer indie band for one of the nights I wonder whether it'd be opposite Stormzy for the genre difference or opposite Macca for the age difference.

But yeah right now I'm gonna go with Wolf Alice plus two of the ones I mentioned above.

5 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Think it's been suggested that The Streets would be Friday night but I might be making that up...

Gazza said the other day that they're rumoured for Friday Other but no one else seems to have heard this rumour so I think he must have just misremembered or something. The info we had on The Streets was just that they're either subbing Pyramid or headlining Other.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I did have Kraftwerk/The Streets/Chems down on my prediction but someone said earlier that Wolf Alice have been offered the position.

Closing the festival with Chem's would suit me just fine! Haven't listened to much of Kraftwerk if I'm completely honest. I can feel the clashes already. Got a feeling this year is gonna be a killer for it!

Wolf Alice, The Streets, Chemical Brothers would be a pretty underwhelming set of Other headliners if that's what came to be (if we're going off of the most heavily rumoured for that slot). Hopefully one or more of those isn't correct - Wolf Alice are an odd choice for that slot I feel. Presume album #3 would have to be out for that then, or are they big enough now for it to not matter?

edit: actually there second album literally just came out didn't it? So suppose they'll be doing it off the back of that.

Edited by FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Wolf Alice, The Streets, Chemical Brothers would be a pretty underwhelming set of Other headliners if that's what came to be (if we're going off of the most heavily rumoured for that slot). Hopefully one or more of those isn't correct - Wolf Alice are an odd choice for that slot I feel. Presume album #3 would have to be out for that then, or are they big enough now for it to not matter?

edit: actually there second album literally just came out didn't it? So suppose they'll be doing it off the back of that.

Came out a year ago. They’re doing shows in December to ‘say goodbye’ to it. Other headliner does seem huge considering their slots this at Latitude and Reading but it seems like it would be a pretty decent bump up to mirror the one on main stage.