Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

On 2/14/2019 at 12:18 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Speaking even as a Prodigy fanboy, I think their time at the festival may have come and gone. I guess there's an outside possibility for Other Stage headline in 2020 (not Pyramid headline worthy these days and they'll probably only play at night. Subbing would be a disaster too, see Reading Festival 2009) but this year it seems like there's a fair few options for the Other Stage 

Prodigy haven't been announced for any UK festivals apart from SW4 who haven't listed them as a UK Festival Exclusive - they did for Marshmello last year. They're in Europe over Glasto weekend so I'm hoping they'll make an appearance. 

30 minutes ago, jamesh992 said:

Prodigy haven't been announced for any UK festivals apart from SW4 who haven't listed them as a UK Festival Exclusive - they did for Marshmello last year. They're in Europe over Glasto weekend so I'm hoping they'll make an appearance. 

can't really see where they'd play. I can't see them taking a not-headline slot on a stage.

@eFestivals does the fact your Mumford information was right and Tame Impala not having any festivals announced within the UK with only Citadel which they played last year suggest they probably will be headlining the other stage? 

Citadel is like there own show and doubt they would do that twice and go Finsbury gigs. I can’t see past Glastonbury now, what’s your opinion on them now?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

@eFestivals does the fact your Mumford information was right and Tame Impala not having any festivals announced within the UK with only Citadel which they played last year suggest they probably will be headlining the other stage? 

I don't think last year or Citadel then plays any part in what happens this year with Glastonbury.

The Mumford info and the Tame Impala info came from different sources, so Mumford being right has no bearing on whether Tame Impala is or not.

The Tame Impala source has a 100% record with me over several years, but I'm slightly cautious with this one as (I think) it's come to him from a slightly different place to his normal info.

I think it's very likely to be correct but i only find out for sure when it's announced (or not).

15 minutes ago, itskianwild said:

Has anyone considered Courteeners to be an act on another stage.

Liam Fray hints at Glastonburys 50th Year as well so they could be playing next year somewhere on the bill.

Could very easily headline the Other Stage

27 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Courteeners are a massive live band. I didn’t appreciate quite what a fan base they have, but they do. Could headline the Other Stage easily. It won't please the pop lovers or the beard strokers, but there you go.

Im neither a pop lover or beard stroker... The courteeners are my "local" band. I live about 3 miles from them. I often see the drummer at football games.

They have a big fanbase.

With all that being said, they are still shite though.

The last time the other stage headliners were stellar was 2011. Primal Scream, Chemical Brothers & QOTSA.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

42 minutes ago, sisco said:

Played 3rd down in 2017.  Not sure why they’d be back headlining (or back at all)

New album out next month. Headlining Kendall Calling, Tramlines, Edinburgh Summer Sessions (albeit it that isn’t a festival), Subbing Isle of Wight and I’m sure many more tba over the summer. Sold out 50k for Heaton Park in June. Very active and very likely to be back this year. 

51 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Courteeners are a massive live band. I didn’t appreciate quite what a fan base they have, but they do. Could headline the Other Stage easily. It won't please the pop lovers or the beard strokers, but there you go.

This isn't a Courteeners gig though, it's Glastonbury. You don't headline any stage at Glastonbury by bringing your own loyal fan-base with you. They have no mass appeal.

15 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

This isn't a Courteeners gig though, it's Glastonbury. You don't headline any stage at Glastonbury by bringing your own loyal fan-base with you. They have no mass appeal.

Their mass appeal has gone up a lot in the last 2-3 years. They used to struggle to sell out Brixton Academy before that, and other southern gigs. But these days they sell out straight away and they have done 2-3 nights in London.

While I 100% agree they very much used to be a Manchester/northern band, their fan base has definitely improved a lot where they used to struggle.

35 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I've often considered them to be an act on another stage, at another festival preferably...

Do you actually like music Hugh Jass? Or do you just continually turn your nose up at every indie band ever mentioned?

I don't mean to be rude mate, we get that they're not all popular on here but some of us do like it and it gets so bloody tiresome.

Edited by EamerRed
  • Upvote 1

Just now, EamerRed said:

Do you actually like music Hugh Jass? Or do you just continually turn your nose up at every indie band ever mentioned?

I don't mean to be rude mate, we get that they're not all popular on here but some of us do like it and it gets so bloody tiresome.

Oh don't be so fucking precious. It's a music forum, people have a laugh and some bands get a harder time than others because frankly it's fun to slag them off. Try not taking it so seriously.

FWIW I do like music, and love indie. I just think The Courteeners and Catfish are both dogshite.

• Upvote 2