Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

Ellie Goulding, Years and Years, Weezer, Jess Glynne, Marina and the Diamonds, Chromeo, Car Seat Headrest and Frank Turner surely all stick-ons to appear at some point. I have Chems, The Streets and Panic At The Disco down as the headliners at the mo, although the latter would rely on them being willing to kick their heels in the UK for a month after their tour finishes in Manchester at the end of May.

It's not the greatest stage in my experience. Sound can be iffy and it's a pain in the ass to navigate around when it's busy. That said, I've had some great times watching Chemical Brothers, Chase & Status, Skrillex, Major Lazer, etc as there's often space beside/behind the sound tower(s) when the headliner is on.

Re: Chemical Brothers, something just screams out 2020 to me. The Prodigy's time might have come and gone with the festival but it will have been 9 years since they last headlined the Other. Personally, I'd love it but I don't hold out any hope. I'm struggling to think of many other suitably-sized electronic acts that could headline it (there's usually one, isn't there?), maybe Swedish House Mafia, Orbital, Disclosure? Chase & Status peaked in 2013 so I think we can probably count them out.

1 minute ago, TheBurns said:

I'd say The Streets will headline one of the nights. 

The electronic one is tough if they do want one, the likes of Orbital and Leftfield don't seem big enough for it so possibly the likes of Disclosure or Rudimental again?

If there's gonna be a recent headliner to come back and do it again it'll be the Chems. Disclosure will have better offers from elsewhere and nobody cares about Rudimental anymore.

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's not the greatest stage in my experience. Sound can be iffy and it's a pain in the ass to navigate around when it's busy. That said, I've had some great times watching Chemical Brothers, Chase & Status, Skrillex, Major Lazer, etc as there's often space beside/behind the sound tower(s) when the headliner is on.

I really hate the Other and will try to avoid it whenever I can, it's just so bleak there, especially when it's overcast and windy. Feels like a completely different festival over there, and not in a good way.

8 minutes ago, Twlib said:

Noel Gallaghers high flying birds a possibility here? 

Absolutely no chance.

34 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

If there's gonna be a recent headliner to come back and do it again it'll be the Chems. Disclosure will have better offers from elsewhere and nobody cares about Rudimental anymore.

What like? All I can think of is headlining APE and we don't know yet whether that will have any effect on acts playing Glasto. Last time they headlined Other they were also taking better offers from elsewhere (R&L headline).

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

What like? All I can think of is headlining APE and we don't know yet whether that will have any effect on acts playing Glasto. Last time they headlined Other they were also taking better offers from elsewhere (R&L headline).

Could see them headlining Rize on an exclusive, if that comes back. Or Parklife, or Lovebox. Also I think it’s very possible APE headliners don’t double up with Glastonbury tbh, the clientele standing in the fields are too similar. Or they were at LCD day this year anyway.

8 hours ago, Divein said:

Just as a point on BBK, I didnt think it was as empty as people made out.

You could get to the barrier just before they come on, but I turned round when they had started and it looked back to the sound desk at least. 

Kano didnt finish at the Park until 15 minutes before they come on so I think everyone got down after that.

I walked from the park & walked across the other field to the Gully to watch Shaggy. That was at about 10:15 / 10:30 & the field was pretty empty. Certainly not near the mixing desk. I was shocked how empty it was.

Rammstein... it's happening gif!! (It isn't but I can hope)

NEWS - 14.10.2018: Paul Landers spoke with Magazyn Gitarzysta about the new album.

Paul also confirmed that Rammstein will perform at major festivals next summer (dates should be announced at the end of October), and performances outside the festivals are still at the planning stage.

The next step for Rammstein will be the creation of a new music video and extensive promotion - all of this taking into account that in the spring of 2019, the seventh album will be released. On the new album, Paul said: “It will be the sound of the well-known and beloved Rammstein”.

Speaking about the new album, according to Paul, the process of creating it is long and complicated. The guys started working separately in their own home studios, where they honed their ideas. Later they met in a studio where they combined all their ideas. Currently, the new material is in the mixing phase, while the band members decide what ultimately goes to the album and what doesn't. A lot of material was created, and as always eleven tracks will be included on the album, while the fate of the rest of the tracks will be determined.

https://magazyngitarzysta.pl/
#Ramms7ein #Rammstein2019

• Upvote 1