Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

The Chem Bros I think, Orbital im guessing will be WHs as they wouldn't make Other I doubt. Wolf Alice is very 50/50 though 

There's nothing to actually suggest Chemical Brother's though is there, other than the fact they're active and have new tunes? I've got it in my head they'll do 2020 but that's probably because I don't want a clash with Macca or The Cure 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

With Stormzy on the Pyramid on the Friday could it be someone to cater for the older, more guitar focused crowd?

Ian Brown, for example, will almost certainly be about next summer and has headlined the Other before, likewise Iggy Pop (with the Stooges admittedly but same difference).

Not sure it’s as simple as that. When there’s been a broadly ‘rap’ headliner in the past (Jay Z/Kanye) they had Massive Attack and Deadmau5 on the Other Stage. 

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

With Stormzy on the Pyramid on the Friday could it be someone to cater for the older, more guitar focused crowd?

Ian Brown, for example, will almost certainly be about next summer and has headlined the Other before, likewise Iggy Pop (with the Stooges admittedly but same difference).

I couldn’t really see either headlining the Other again.

Wolf Alice seems most suitable for the job if they’ve received an offer to headline the Other. I think them and Stormzy would both scoop quite a bit of the ‘older’ crowd anyway but if that’s still not satisfactory then stick Jarvis on Park or Doves on JP

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Spoke to Natti from Fickle Friends after their show tonight and she said they hadn't been booked for Glasto (dunno if the Eavii would have gotten around to booking that low yet but thought it was worth a mention)

Acts that low are definitely being booked at this point. Different teams book each main stage so work will start pretty early. Doesn't mean they won't be there if not booked already, of course.

20 hours ago, Little Andy said:

I've only been keeping half an eye on this thread. What are people thinking could be Other Headliners (especially Friday)? Names I've picked up include Chemical Brothers, Wolf Alice, Orbital and The Streets?

I doubt Orbital are a big enough draw to headline the Other these days and would probably headline WH if they’re there next year.

8 hours ago, VCK said:

Tool
Wolf Alice

The Streets
Two Door Cinema Club

The Prodigy
Halsey

I can't see Tool playing at all, they haven't been here in year and playing a festival that isn't financially beneficial would do nothing for them....I doubt their popularity here. Tbh I reckon there is doubt over them being able to sell a big tour of their own here or I'd imagine they would opt for tour dates of their own.

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I doubt Orbital are a big enough draw to headline the Other these days and would probably headline WH if they’re there next year.

I'd go for Janelle and Orbital to be two of the WHs stage headliners, the former on Friday night would be great and would make my finish act an easy decision. 

• 4 weeks later...