Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Then again Stormzy's Instagram post is even funnier if Noely G is playing a lower slot than him next year.

Not that I'm saying his post implies that, it'd just be funny. I agree on the 2020 thing.

I think Noel on Other opposite Stormzy would be interesting after what Noel has said before. 

Though I do wonder if, after saying he'd only headline in the past, Noel is only taking a non headliner spot because he knows he has a headline spot already tied up for 2020 with oasis? (If it is all a big PR thing like i suspect) 

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

I think Noel on Other opposite Stormzy would be interesting after what Noel has said before. 

Though I do wonder if, after saying he'd only headline in the past, Noel is only taking a non headliner spot because he knows he has a headline spot already tied up for 2020 with oasis? (If it is all a big PR thing like i suspect) 

If Oasis were headlining 2020 I really don't think they'd bother having both Gallagher brothers take a high spot on the lineup the year before. Would be a bit of a waste.

17 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Oasis won't be headlining in 2020..if they play it won't be Glastonbury but if that reunion is due then Noel may want to take his chance with a higher offered slot maybe while he still can with others hoping for 2020. Primal Scream were never subs in 2013 but they got it due to The Stones request it's said, if Macca has done similar with Noel then you can bet if Eavis gets him to agree then Noel subbing is a nothing price to pay as a stream of Oasis than Liam won't do is likely. Let's not forget though, Noel's latest sets of festival dates are no higher than the likes of MSP and The Phonics. It's Friday opening Other or Sunday sub.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It'd be great if he actually subbed Stormzy!

As a form of penance.

I'm imagining Noel shuffling reluctantly and sheepishly on stage, with Michael following behind giving him the occasional prod in the back to keep him moving.

"Alright, now tell the people who you are"

(Mumbling) "I'm Noel Gallagher"

"Speak up"

"I'm Noel Gallagher"

"Very good, and now tell the people what you've got to say for yourself"

"I was wrong about hip hop at Glastonbury"

"And?"

"And I'm a gammon"

"Very good, now bugger orf with you"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

The Noel playing 2020 thing people were suggesting makes much more sense. He’s toured this album to death so would be a bit of a boring choice for next year but he’ll probably have a new album out by 2020.

Does it even matter, really?  Surely only a tiny amount of people turning up to a Noelly G gig are there for High Flying Birds songs, with most waiting around to hear whatever Oasis tunes he'll placate them with?

He's a boring choice whatever year he plays.

10 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Does it even matter, really?  Surely only a tiny amount of people turning up to a Noelly G gig are there for High Flying Birds songs, with most waiting around to hear whatever Oasis tunes he'll placate them with?

He's a boring choice whatever year he plays.

But an even more boring choice if it's both him and Liam up near the top of the lineup. If they are both playing in 2019 my guess would be that Liam is subbing Stormzy and Noel is doing some kind of unannounced set. The 'Oasis are reforming' rumours would be unbearable/inescapable in the lead up to the festival if they were both announced. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

But an even more boring choice if it's both him and Liam up near the top of the lineup. If they are both playing in 2019 my guess would be that Liam is subbing Stormzy and Noel is doing some kind of unannounced set. The 'Oasis are reforming' rumours would be unbearable/inescapable in the lead up to the festival if they were both announced. 

In an ideal world, all of the Gallagher brothers' gigs would be unannounced. 

We all know Oasis aren't reforming for Glastonbury, not before they've cashed in in stadia around the world first, but this is a festival that had a crowd waiting patiently in front of the Park Stage, as it was being dismantled, for Daft Punk to turn up, so I'm inclined to agree with you.