Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Where else are Chems gonna play if not headlining Other?!

No idea they’d be crap as a pyramid sub obviously I just want solid confirmation that Tame are Friday night and chems being Sunday and progidy satirday is exactly that 

18 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Tame really are gonna kill it

Definitely. We should be getting the new album before the fest too. Saw them twice on the currents tour so really looking forward to some new tunes. Hoping they'll throw 'h.f.g.w (canyons drunken rage)' and 'Beverly Laurel' into the set somewhere.

31 minutes ago, lobo said:

Definitely. We should be getting the new album before the fest too. Saw them twice on the currents tour so really looking forward to some new tunes. Hoping they'll throw 'h.f.g.w (canyons drunken rage)' and 'Beverly Laurel' into the set somewhere.

I really hope so although the clock is ticking for June releases! I would of thought they’d have something by next month as Coachella is soon ?

Just now, Matt42 said:

I really hope so although the clock is ticking for June releases! I would of thought they’d have something by next month as Coachella is soon ?

Not for surprise releases. They're playing on SNL this month too, so I imagine there'll be a new song for that. Kevin hasn't spoken that optimistically about getting an album out in time, which is odd because they're playing all festivals they had done on the Currents tour - although Coachella they did before Currents was out so maybe that doesn't count.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:01 AM, jackarmy said:

What ever happened to that rumour that The Streets were headlining the Other or subbing the Pyramid? Guess the reunion hype wasn't as big as first thought.

either of those spots were pretty hopeful/optimistic for their value i always thought

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not for surprise releases. They're playing on SNL this month too, so I imagine there'll be a new song for that. Kevin hasn't spoken that optimistically about getting an album out in time, which is odd because they're playing all festivals they had done on the Currents tour - although Coachella they did before Currents was out so maybe that doesn't count.

Yeah I really hope there is a new album before the summer but it seems a little unlikely for some reason. I was expecting a single in January so maybe I was the optimistic one.

4 minutes ago, marcwilson87 said:

Last time they played they headliner the jp so dont see how they could make a leap to the other headliner

Yeah but when acts go away for a few years and their fans get older and more nostalgic, they come back to higher demand. As proven by the successive academy tours that sold out in minutes with extra shows added left, right and centre.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah but when acts go away for a few years and their fans get older and more nostalgic, they come back to higher demand. As proven by the successive academy tours that sold out in minutes with extra shows added left, right and centre.

I always felt it was also a lot to do with the new fans they pick up during their hiatus in those situations. But a combination of the two, I’m sure. 

6 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I always felt it was also a lot to do with the new fans they pick up during their hiatus in those situations. But a combination of the two, I’m sure. 

Yeah it's definitely a combination.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Still think Foals will end up taking the Prodigy’s place.

Don't see that happening at all. Top two stages being Foals and The Killers would leave many at a loose end. Then you've got to think that they were trying to entertain a certain section of the clientele with The Prodigy so they'd go for something closer to that.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's definitely a combination.

Don't see that happening at all. Top two stages being Foals and The Killers would leave many at a loose end. Then you've got to think that they were trying to entertain a certain section of the clientele with The Prodigy so they'd go for something closer to that.

Who do you reckon they'll book/bump up? Cannot see Courteeners as that will possess the same problem and who can do it thats available and meets the same clientele? 

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Who do you reckon they'll book/bump up? Cannot see Courteeners as that will possess the same problem and who can do it thats available and meets the same clientele? 

Mark Ronson maybe? Especially with Miley already on that day + King Princess playing elsewhere. I think hes doing Parklife earlier in the month?