Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

So am I right in thinking...

Fri: Tame Impala

Sat: The Streets?

Sun: Chemical Brothers

Last two are more or less interchangeable. I remember someone, maybe a couple of people on here saying they’ve been told The Streets were opposite Paul McCartney, but I don’t know what day they were told Macca would be... and in reality they were probably being told by someone guessing based on the rumours.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Last two are more or less interchangeable. I remember someone, maybe a couple of people on here saying they’ve been told The Streets were opposite Paul McCartney, but I don’t know what day they were told Macca would be... and in reality they were probably being told by someone guessing based on the rumours.

Chem Bros have done the last two Sunday's in 2007 & 2015, plus if they are in Cornwall Friday night, why would they hang around for an extra day - rest maybe? Would think the bookers would change it up and slot them on Saturday.

Both times they were up against a legacy act in The Who, so maybe Chem Bros vs (supposed to be) Macca on the Saturday night makes sense.

Is there anything in saying whoever is up against Stormzy on Friday on the Other stage will possibly be more of a heritage act than perhaps Tame Impala?

Just thinking in terms of catering for the varied audience at the festival surely something not as contemporary might be in that slot?

Perhaps i'm talking shite mind.

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Is there anything in saying whoever is up against Stormzy on Friday on the Other stage will possibly be more of a heritage act than perhaps Tame Impala?

Just thinking in terms of catering for the varied audience at the festival surely something not as contemporary might be in that slot?

Could be Orbital in West Holts? Or do we have someone for that slot? 

31 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Chem Bros have done the last two Sunday's in 2007 & 2015, plus if they are in Cornwall Friday night, why would they hang around for an extra day - rest maybe? Would think the bookers would change it up and slot them on Saturday.

Both times they were up against a legacy act in The Who, so maybe Chem Bros vs (supposed to be) Macca on the Saturday night makes sense.

Aren’t The Cure a legacy act? Chems must have done Saturday in 2011, so they arguably did change it up. Seems 50-50 to me.

48 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

You could argue that, but CB’s Friday night date means it’s not them there, and Tame Impala are much more obvious to go against Stormzy than any of the other Pyramid headliners, while The Streets are more likely to avoid the clash with Stormzy with Stormzy than any other Pyramid headliner.

39 minutes ago, Divein said:

Could be Orbital in West Holts? Or do we have someone for that slot? 

If they were to play WH, it seems it’d be Friday night yeah. Could easily see someone like Doves or Cocker or Ashcroft on another stage too - maybe Sheryl Crow on the Acoustic.

I've got to say, the undercard is shaping up pretty nicely for me already.  So far I've got the following on the rumours list I either really want to see, or I'd be more than happy to wander along to:

• Hot Chip
  • Chemical Brothers
  • Orbital
  • The Streets
  • IDLES
  • Vampire Weekend
  • Kylie

But mainly those top three would ordinarily each be must see acts for me.  Not bad considering I suspect there's an extra band or two to be announced/leaked.  And I might even go and see The Cure.

1 minute ago, Honeybane said:

I think -

Tame Impala

Chemical Brothers

Foals

Streets subbing big Stormz on the main stage, hopefully get enough time to dash to Tame Impala after their set!

Think the streets will be wasted there tbh.  But, it would ensue that I see them I guess

12 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

I think -

Tame Impala

Chemical Brothers

Foals

Streets subbing big Stormz on the main stage, hopefully get enough time to dash to Tame Impala after their set!

This would suit me to the ground for Other Stage. But potential Killers Saturday clash would cause me a major headache.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm really hoping they move away from the sound of Currents. Gave it a whirl last night after the news of them topping Other and it still doesn't really do it for me after all this time. A few standout tracks, but as you say, very samey. Doubt they're gonna go back to the psychey feel of their first two albums but I'd be interested in them moving in a totally different direction.

I’m eager to see what route they go down. I personally think each album sounds different to the next when comparing the three of them (with innerspeaker and lonerism sounding more alike next to one another than currents does). 

But with the progression I’m hoping that they take things in a new direction completely and surprise everyone. I remember waiting for them to drop Let It Happen the evening it come out a few years back being the first single off the album and being puzzled as to whether I liked it or not - which a lot of Currents went down like for me initially. But after digesting it for a while I appreciate Currents as much as I do their two precious bodies of work, and probably rate it as my favourite of the three when it comes to access, live performance and enjoy-ability.

I’ve seen them many a time but I caught them at citadel last summer and it was the best time I’ve watched them live easily. The light show and visuals on the big screen as the sun set and night crept up on us was unbelievable. New Person, Same Old Mistakes to finish the performance with the confetti cannon they have was magical - heart is set on them being there in June now so I’ll be really disheartened if it’s dud news that Neil has had that they’re there!

My only concern for the new album is that they don’t go all out pop. They’re getting a lot bigger across the globe now and they do have their own sounds - featuring in Travis Scott’s latest piece of work - so everything they do still sounds like them, just with a twist of the artist they’re featuring with. Just for the quality of their work, although subjective I know, I just really hope they don’t go too pop and have pop artists all over their work in aim to reach the top 10 status. I don’t mean to sound like a miserable old git, but Kevin Parker probably has a chance with the next singles and album to transition into fully fledged house hold names if he wants to make the crossover, as I don’t think their previous works have the mass, mainstream appeal. 

What do I know though.

Bring on Tame Impala ft. Ariana Grande

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've got to say, the undercard is shaping up pretty nicely for me already.  So far I've got the following on the rumours list I either really want to see, or I'd be more than happy to wander along to:

• Hot Chip
  • Chemical Brothers
  • Orbital
  • The Streets
  • IDLES
  • Vampire Weekend
  • Kylie

But mainly those top three would ordinarily each be must see acts for me.  Not bad considering I suspect there's an extra band or two to be announced/leaked.  And I might even go and see The Cure.

dON'T FORGET cUT cOPY AND cONFIDENCE bOY