Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Oo so is current thinking:

Stormzy / Tame Impala 

The Killers / The Chemical Brothers

The Cure / The Streets 

?

If that's true then that's the weakest headliner line-up I can remember. Wouldn't bother me personally as I'd see Stormzy and The Chems either way, but there was talk of some much bigger acts earlier on.

Even in their hey-day in 2005 The Killers subbed the pyramid!

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Hmm interesting would have assumed given her placement at APE she would have been higher than that.

I dunno, Cardi has that weekend off in her schedule and given Emily followed her it would make a lot of sense for her to play

She hasn’t. She’s playing Vestiville (?) in Belgium (I think you posted this) on Sunday and Migos are the day before and I think they share a lot of staff so guess that’d leave Friday. And she’s doing two substantial headline slots in the UK so, as said, can’t see where she’ll fit really - it’s Other sub or nothing.

2 minutes ago, willutalk said:

Just seen that Doves are doing Victorious Festival. Do we know whether they are exclusive? Could be a shout for Other sub or JP headline? 

No they’re at quite a few fests already. I imagine they’ll be there.

44 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

With Two Door playing in Belgium both the Thursday and the Saturday of Glasto, is it completely out of the question that they'd be playing GF Friday?

Where you seeing this mate? I can only see Sat at Rock Werchter. My mate really wants to see them and they've got an album coming out soon so I thought maybe a JP headline could happen. Would still be possible Sunday night of course but Friday probably too weird if those dates are right.

5 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Where you seeing this mate? I can only see Sat at Rock Werchter. My mate really wants to see them and they've got an album coming out soon so I thought maybe a JP headline could happen. Would still be possible Sunday night of course but Friday probably too weird if those dates are right.

Would think they’re too big for JP, personally. Other sub would do them right.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Would think they’re too big for JP, personally. Other sub would do them right.

Yeah they might be, just thought they'd dropped a bit after their last album (might be wrong but it felt like it). Also was thinking variety but I guess it's been 6 years since they played the Other now. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

my guess is that'll be Tame Impala, who I've been told are headlining one of the nights.

Makes sense. Think they’ll pull a very decent sized crowd. Probably around the same as what the Chems will pull I’d say.

Strong booking and personally I’m chuffed. 

Now let’s hope they get their new album out before the big G in June!

12 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

https://www.songkick.com/artists/804901-two-door-cinema-club

Have I miss-read this? Do they play at two venues across this festival?

Weird because on their official site (I think) it only shows one RW date, the Saturday of GF.

I really hope they're still possible. The entirety of our 6 love them, my brother hasn't been to GF before and he's really hoping they're there. Like you say, with the new album coming up too, you'd think they're likely.

JP headline could possibly make Glasto for us, but I'd take anywhere!

Edited by Stokesy10

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

had info that they're headlining.

Also on the case with a few more.

Great news. Friday or Saturday would be perfect. Already have a dilemma over The Cure and Janelle on the Sunday.

after the disappointing Headliner news yesterday good to be immediately buoyed by this news?

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Yeah they might be, just thought they'd dropped a bit after their last album (might be wrong but it felt like it). Also was thinking variety but I guess it's been 6 years since they played the Other now. 

Nah. They're on the climb again. They’re probably big enough to headline the Other if the Other Stage had acts like them headline, or if they were interesting enough an option. But yeah I think they’d sub it cos of that.

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

https://www.songkick.com/artists/804901-two-door-cinema-club

Weird because on their official site (I think) it only shows one RW date, the Saturday of GF.

I really hope they're still possible. The entirety of our 6 love them, my brother hasn't been to GF before and he's really hoping they're there. Like you say, with the new album coming up too, you'd think they're likely.

JP headline could possibly make Glasto for us!

They’re only playing that festival once my dude.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah. They're on the climb again. They’re probably big enough to headline the Other if the Other Stage had acts like them headline, or if they were interesting enough an option. But yeah I think they’d sub it cos of that.

They’re only playing that festival once my dude.

? Thank you for keeping our hopes alive!

1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

If that's true then that's the weakest headliner line-up I can remember. Wouldn't bother me personally as I'd see Stormzy and The Chems either way, but there was talk of some much bigger acts earlier on.

Even in their hey-day in 2005 The Killers subbed the pyramid!

You forgetting 2007 when they headlined?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

She hasn’t. She’s playing Vestiville (?) in Belgium (I think you posted this) on Sunday and Migos are the day before and I think they share a lot of staff so guess that’d leave Friday. And she’s doing two substantial headline slots in the UK so, as said, can’t see where she’ll fit really - it’s Other sub or nothing.

Damn somehow that escaped my list of acts playing elsewhere, goddamn

2 minutes ago, snailcheeks said:

Loving the news about Tame Impala

What are peoples thoughts on the Doves playing somewhere? Wouldn't want to miss them if they are headlining another stage.

Really hoping this will happen. Suggestion of this surfaced a few months back - they have a few gigs coming up in May (?) so they're active again. Fingers crossed!

7 minutes ago, snailcheeks said:

Loving the news about Tame Impala

What are peoples thoughts on the Doves playing somewhere? Wouldn't want to miss them if they are headlining another stage.

I reckon (based on nothing in particular at all) there's a good chance of them playing, their last set before they went on hiatus went down a treat based on what I've read on here - JP headliner would be perfect.