Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

17 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

See Chemical borthers are playing the eden sessions in cornwall on Glasto Friday. Seems nailed on now.

Thought I already posted this but it didn't work evidently. Soz if someone else posted it elsewhere but don't have the time right now to go through all the threads.

There was some chat about it yesterday, aye. Good chance they'll do a repeat of 2015 and close the Other on Sunday. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

44 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

See Chemical borthers are playing the eden sessions in cornwall on Glasto Friday. Seems nailed on now.

Thought I already posted this but it didn't work evidently. Soz if someone else posted it elsewhere but don't have the time right now to go through all the threads.

I posted it - and I'm ruddy fuming.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

I posted it - and I'm ruddy fuming.

Please accept this heart type thing (which I assume is like an upvote but with tongues) as a peace offering

41 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

There was some chat about it yesterday, aye. Good chance they'll do a repeat of 2015 and close the Other on Sunday. 

Yes I would be very much in favour of that

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it got trapped in the moderated content filter for some reason. I'm not sure why.

But it was raw html displaying in the post rather than formatted as html (also not sure why), so i deleted it rather than approved it.

Ah, I see, my bad. Sorry I'm useless at this interweb stuff.

22 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Yeah that all makes sense, I guess fingers crossed they accept again - if not this year then next!

Saw them last year at Electric Picnic - they're still absolutely rocking it.

Really liking their latest album, No Tourists, too. Some serious bangers on it. Paired with the latest tunes the Chemical Brothers have been putting out of late (MAH is epic) we might have a bit of a renaissance year on our hands. Somebody call Faithless and Basement Jaxx and tell them to get the finger out!

(The Prodigy at Electric Picnic ?)

54 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

Really liking their latest album, No Tourists, too. Some serious bangers on it. Paired with the latest tunes the Chemical Brothers have been putting out of late (MAH is epic) we might have a bit of a renaissance year on our hands. Somebody call Faithless and Basement Jaxx and tell them to get the finger out!

Ah yeees they absolutely still pack a punch during their live performances, one of the best live acts around IMO. Great vid! Really enjoying the recent album too. Would love them back at the farm. Haha yes Groove Armada also, as well as those french fellas that dabble in a bit of house and disco too ?

2 hours ago, LostHorizon said:

Groove Armada are doing some festivals as well.

Just imagine if, on the farm, we had: The Chems; The Prodigy; Orbital; and, Groove Armada. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Robyn is an example of an act who could play every single stage. 

Park and owt smaller would have to be a secret set but ye you're right there.

(I've squared all my pesos and I'm prepping myself to buy my Alexandra Palace tickets right now, I feel extremely happy ?)

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

God I hope Robyn is there.

And god I hope she isn’t part of some dumb clash, although she’d win over most.

Robyn not being their would be a big a kick in the nuts as Sleater Kinney not playing a few years ago when I skipped their tour as I was convinced they were nailed on.

Tbh, I want most my bands to be in JP or on Park. Can't stand Other and crowd is too touristy on Pyramid. JP and Park always have great atmospheres. 

I'd love Grimes to be on the poster this year as the 'bit out of the blue' act. Headline JP would go down a treat if that new album is out in time though fear she'd be on Other if she played (which she won't).

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was at ??, but worth bearing in mind that Bob stormed offstage in disgust at G11 cos the JPT sound was all fucky. She may not necessarily hold the place in high regard.

This keeps me awake at night, drenched in cold sweat and hearing my own blood flow like a mighty river in agitation. I choose to take the view that the Glastonbury bookers would definitely have to make a play for her because she's a popular and well respected female artist that no other UK fest has yet bagged. Also her chummy relationship with Radio 1 plays into it, not sure how like, but it's definitely a tick in the pro column.

I wasn't there in 2011, probably a good thing too because a Beyonce/Robyn clash would've most probably seen my spontaneously combust on the spot.

5 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Robyn not being their would be a big a kick in the nuts as Sleater Kinney not playing a few years ago when I skipped their tour as I was convinced they were nailed on.

That was daft of you my lad, I don't think Sleater-Kinney ever were or will be on the cards for Glastonbury.

39 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Tbh, I want most my bands to be in JP or on Park. Can't stand Other and crowd is too touristy on Pyramid. JP and Park always have great atmospheres. 

I'd love Grimes to be on the poster this year as the 'bit out of the blue' act. Headline JP would go down a treat if that new album is out in time though fear she'd be on Other if she played (which she won't).

id be all over grimes in JP on friday night, great way to open the festival!