Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

48 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I'd love The Prodigy as an Other headliner, but I believe general consensus is too big for Other now, and not considered a viable option for Pyramid? 

I think it's more so they don't want to and don't feel thwy should accept less than headline slots where they play. Plus if the likes of Victorious, IOW, Download when they play, Creamfields and SW4 will give them that slot then they'll take it. I think Glasto Other has probably been down to money but I reckon if offered it next year more so than this they'd take it.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think it's more so they don't want to and don't feel thwy should accept less than headline slots where they play. Plus if the likes of Victorious, IOW, Download when they play, Creamfields and SW4 will give them that slot then they'll take it. I think Glasto Other has probably been down to money but I reckon if offered it next year more so than this they'd take it.

Yeah that all makes sense, I guess fingers crossed they accept again - if not this year then next!

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I guess maybe it could be Disclosure for the Friday? Doubt they'd wanna clash them with Orbital though if they are headlining WH that day.

Can't see that happening as their next album won't be out before July. I went to their 2016 set and loved it (maybe due to party enhancers), so would be at any stage they play whatever the year. :)

8 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

More likely on the Pyramid, or WH. New album surprisingly enjoyable.

Have they played since '09? I really enjoyed that set! 

Haven't checked out the album yet, will have to give it a go. The single 6Music always play sounds suspiciously like Ghost Town at the beginning if I'm not mistaken ?

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

What was the consensus on Tame Impala? I remember last year Kevin Parker mentioned in an interview that he'd love the chance to headline a stage at Glastonbury.

Played 2016 so maybe a little soon to be back in a significant slot I'd guess? Saying that I'm holding out hope LCD Soundsystem might miraculously be there again

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

What was the consensus on Tame Impala? I remember last year Kevin Parker mentioned in an interview that he'd love the chance to headline a stage at Glastonbury.

I think the quote was that he was talking to his manager about where they’d play if they next played Glastonbury, discussed headlining the Other Stage but ultimately had a taste of the Pyramid and wants more. One of those things that is very often misquoted to mean the opposite, like ‘blood is thicker than water’.

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

Seems to be quiet on them but they're in Europe that weekend. Headlining other is the only placed they'd fit but I guess this year there are better candidates which is a shame as I'd love them.

EDIT: Sorry weekend before

Edited by Garrett_Salas

23 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Aren't the Chemical Brothers headlining All Points East, where The Strokes are ALSO headlining? Therefore, by your logic...:huh:

They're headlining one festival that The Strokes are headlining.

The Strokes headline every festival they play, all over the world, including many festivals as big as Glastonbury.

Chemical Brothers don't headline anything anywhere near the size of Glastonbury. You won't find them headlining anything bigger than APE.

That's like me saying Solange couldn't headline Glastonbury and you replying "Didn't Solange headline Latitude last year, where The Killers ALSO headlined? Therefore, by your logic.... :huh:"

Just because two acts headline the same festival, doesn't mean one is as big as the other. It's quite clear Chemical Brothers aren't as viable a Glastonbury headliner as The Strokes are.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think the quote was that he was talking to his manager about where they’d play if they next played Glastonbury, discussed headlining the Other Stage but ultimately had a taste of the Pyramid and wants more. One of those things that is very often misquoted to mean the opposite, like ‘blood is thicker than water’.

Yeah probably was one of those where one article said one thing and the quote said another. Probably more wishful thinking than anything, but not completely out of the realms of possibility.

7 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Yeah probably was one of those where one article said one thing and the quote said another. Probably more wishful thinking than anything, but not completely out of the realms of possibility.

Nah course it ain’t. They’re not gonna be headlining the Pyramid so if they wanna play, as I guess they would, then Other Stage is the most likely by far. And what they have on other candidates for that slot is no other UK festival shows, just like when they played in ‘16.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Nah course it ain’t. They’re not gonna be headlining the Pyramid so if they wanna play, as I guess they would, then Other Stage is the most likely by far. And what they have on other candidates for that slot is no other UK festival shows, just like when they played in ‘16.

If Tame Impala had been offered Other stage headliner then would the Wolf Alice info not suggest that they had turned it down? I'd be surprised if they went for Wolf Alice ahead of Tame Impala. I guess it's still possible that they could end up playing, especially since they seem to be ruled out of everywhere else.

14 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

If Tame Impala had been offered Other stage headliner then would the Wolf Alice info not suggest that they had turned it down? I'd be surprised if they went for Wolf Alice ahead of Tame Impala. I guess it's still possible that they could end up playing, especially since they seem to be ruled out of everywhere else.

Yeah I thought about this before and I reckon it's possible they went for Wolf Alice first if the bookers were intending to push another up and coming (I know they've been around for a while but had a big boost recently) British act, with that recent Mercury Prize coming into the thinking too. 

Just now, kingcrawler said:

The quote from Kevin Parker about headlining Other was from last summer though wasn't it? I know things probably aren't as linear as this but given the Wolf Alice info didn't appear until much later in the year it would make more sense for them to have approached Tame Impala first.

But the quote from KP wasn’t necessarily suggestive of an offer.