Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

Just now, deadpheasant said:

Thought people generally liked The Strokes on here?

Someone needs to write a list of the acceptable and unacceptable bands to like as clearly I'm out of the loop.

Nah, I'd say at least a 70/30% ratio not in favour. 

Just refrain from mentioning them unless they actually get announced, also the Gallagher brothers and Richard Ashcroft. Throw the odd Radiohead complement in and you should be sweet

• Upvote 1

Have we had any actual info on the Chems playing or is  it all assumptions? 

I mean, I fully believe they will, but they have announced two festivals since that 6music interview. 

They'd be my only guaranteed headliner given current rumours/confirmations so I hope they are! 

9 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Thought people generally liked The Strokes on here?

Someone needs to write a list of the acceptable and unacceptable bands to like as clearly I'm out of the loop.

I wouldn’t say The Strokes are particularly disliked here (Personally I’m, at best, ambivalent), but most would probably view them as rather underwhelming Pyramid headliners, but strong subs/Other headliners - although that is unlikely. 

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Have we had any actual info on the Chems playing or is  it all assumptions? 

I mean, I fully believe they will, but they have announced two festivals since that 6music interview. 

They'd be my only guaranteed headliner given current rumours/confirmations so I hope they are! 

There was also a quote in that interview about them playing "somewhere that hasn't been on for a while" or something to that effect. Then we also have them being in the South West Glasto weekend, the manager connection (Emily's husband) and a new album not long before the festival. Don't think we have solid info but these combined make it very, very likely. As for the 'two festivals' line, probably just casual wording, not literal. Would be shocked if they're not there.

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

There was also a quote in that interview about them playing "somewhere that hasn't been on for a while" or something to that effect. Then we also have them being in the South West Glasto weekend, the manager connection (Emily's husband) and a new album not long before the festival. Don't think we have solid info but these combined make it very, very likely. As for the 'two festivals' line, probably just casual wording, not literal. Would be shocked if they're not there.

Ah I forgot about the "somewhere that hasn't been on for a while" bit but yeah I know all the connections, and have seen them twice on the farm before. As I said I'm sure they'll be there but just wanted to confirm whether we had any actual info. 

45 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Nah, I'd say at least a 70/30% ratio not in favour. 

Just refrain from mentioning them unless they actually get announced, also the Gallagher brothers and Richard Ashcroft. Throw the odd Radiohead complement in and you should be sweet

We're a bit spoilt at Glasto. The general vibe on the European festivals boards is 'I hope we get The Strokes'.

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Third down on the mainstage though behind arguably a 'legend' in Richard Ashcroft.

3rd down on Glasto second stage considering she tours arena's and has number 1 singles and album's regularly I don't think makes sense, imo obviously. If she was announced as a mainstage sub I would accept it due to the points I've made. It's not for me but I think looking objectively at her career and accomplishments a case could be argued for it if she wants to be on an upward trajectory.

She’s playing Rochester Castle..... she’s not big!

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

If the supposed leaked Y Not poster is right then Wolf Alice are subbing it!! Surely no chance they’ll turn down headlining the other if they accept that!

Timing could come into it though, short and long term. ST- I think it's a month before any other shows. LT - the new album, do it in 2020 argument.

27 minutes ago, Homer said:

We're a bit spoilt at Glasto. The general vibe on the European festivals boards is 'I hope we get The Strokes'.

Yeah good point. The other British ones as well. I think you're referring to size but there's also the general dislike of Indie/big 00s bands on the Glastonbury section here that doesn't exist elsewhere except for perhaps Primavera (that I've seen anyway).

• Upvote 1

My dawg who really loves both The Chemical Brothers and The Cure would foam at the mouth if they clash.

He would also like to say hello to @dentalplan (I used to live with him and he'd love it whenever I told him efests goings on and mentioned dental, I don't think it'll be him making all those weird accounts tho, he doesn't have the attention span for that life)

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Timing could come into it though, short and long term. ST- I think it's a month before any other shows. LT - the new album, do it in 2020 argument.

Yeah I agree with this. Obviously they’re UK based so it doesn’t matter too much but all their dates so far seem to be over the same weekend, makes me think they’re just doing a few gigs between albums as an extra payday. I guess if they do get announce Hurricane/Southside as that poster suggested a while ago then that would change things.

36 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

My dawg who really loves both The Chemical Brothers and The Cure would foam at the mouth if they clash.

He would also like to say hello to @dentalplan (I used to live with him and he'd love it whenever I told him efests goings on and mentioned dental, I don't think it'll be him making all those weird accounts tho, he doesn't have the attention span for that life)

Hey pal.