Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Probably Sunday. Repeat of their placement in 2015

I reckon Saturday vs Mystery headliner. Stormzy vs Rock Band (Foals, Tame Impala, Catfish, Vampire Weekend, Wolf Alice etc), Chems vs mystery headliner, Streets vs The Cure. Not sure playing Sunday before makes it more likely to happen again.

30 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

"It can't be The Strokes! That's so weak! I think it will be the Chemical Brothers who can't headline any major festival in the entire world."

Aren't the Chemical Brothers headlining All Points East, where The Strokes are ALSO headlining? Therefore, by your logic...:huh:

I currently have at the top:

Friday: ??? // Silk City // Jess Glynne

Saturday: The Streets // James Blake // Courteeners

Sunday: The Chemical Brothers // Hot Chip // Years & Years

Got really no ideas as to who to put on Friday though. I'm guessing a rock band, but can't see it being Wolf Alice, Tame Impala or Noel (who are the main rumours atm to headline that stage?).

Jess Glynne may be a lil low but after her placement at IOW I reckon thats probably about right. Could swap Silk City out for a normal Mark Ronson set too. Sat & Sun could easily swap too depending on what is on the Pyramid.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Got really no ideas as to who to put on Friday though. I'm guessing a rock band, but can't see it being Wolf Alice, Tame Impala or Noel (who are the main rumours atm to headline that stage?).

Jess Glynne may be a lil low but after her placement at IOW I reckon thats probably about right. Could swap Silk City out for a normal Mark Ronson set too. Sat & Sun could easily swap too depending on what is on the Pyramid.

Foals are my guess for friday

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Probably Sunday. Repeat of their placement in 2015

I don't usually give a monkey's about stuff like how often/quickly headliners return to stages etc.

But if the Chems do headline Other, after only not doing so for two festivals since the last time, isn't that a bit...rubbish?

(and I had a brilliant time at their 2015 set...)

Ben

5 hours ago, jyoung said:

Feel like this isn't that relevent. I could be wrong but I think if someone is gonna be booked, they'll be booked regardless of what's going on elsewhere / who they're up against etc. Could of course be wrong.

That’s not from the festival side, more from the agent. You’d be a rubbish agent if you agreed to have both your biggest acts on at the same time at a major festival. 

39 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Eh? Jess Glynne and Courteeners are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big for those slots in my opinion. Both tour arena size venues & Glynne has massive mainstream exposure and chart records. Courteeners are selling out their own huge outdoor shows as well in the past.

Just now, metallimuse said:

Eh? Jess Glynne and Courteeners are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big for those slots in my opinion. Both tour arena size venues & Glynne has massive mainstream exposure and chart records. Courteeners are selling out their own huge outdoor shows as well in the past.

Glynne is playing 3rd down at IOW (in the same slot as Lilly Allen who I have even lower) so I reckon she is about right. Courteeners maybe, but they are way smaller down south (though they are subbing at IOW, so maybe they are a bit off. Could easily chuck Blossoms/Ashcroft/Some other crap in that slot instead)

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Glynne is playing 3rd down at IOW (in the same slot as Lilly Allen who I have even lower) so I reckon she is about right. Courteeners maybe, but they are way smaller down south (though they are subbing at IOW, so maybe they are a bit off. Could easily chuck Blossoms/Ashcroft/Some other crap in that slot instead)

Plus Glynne is supporting the Spice girls in the summer so i'd say that's about right 

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Third down on the mainstage though behind arguably a 'legend' in Richard Ashcroft.

3rd down on Glasto second stage considering she tours arena's and has number 1 singles and album's regularly I don't think makes sense, imo obviously. If she was announced as a mainstage sub I would accept it due to the points I've made. It's not for me but I think looking objectively at her career and accomplishments a case could be argued for it if she wants to be on an upward trajectory.

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Plus Glynne is supporting the Spice girls in the summer so i'd say that's about right 

A slot that will have her play to sold out stadiums up and down the country which in the pop world will have been highly sought after I would have thought.

20 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I know he's lost the plot recently but bit harsh to group Ashcroft in with Courteeners and Blossoms IMO. He's written some genuinely great and iconic songs, many of which were deemed worthy of a Pyramid headline slot. Still a different calibre of act to those and not really similar music either.

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

I know he's lost the plot recently but bit harsh to group Ashcroft in with Courteeners and Blossoms IMO. He's written some genuinely great and iconic songs, many of which were deemed worthy of a Pyramid headline slot. Still a different calibre of act to those and not really similar music either.

You're right but wasting your breath in here I'm afraid. He's hated on here, along with The Strokes