Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

38 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Are we all under the assumption The Streets will headline Sunday vs. The Cure? (I hope so), but then again it is hard to say when we have no idea who Pyramid Saturday is...

Just the contrast of demographic and sound would make them ideal to face each other.

Pointless clashing them with Stormzy or Wu Tang so imagine Sunday is nailed on, assuming they're headlining Other and aren't elsewhere 

11 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

Genuine question, where's the renewed interest in The Streets come from to elevate them to Other headliner?

They subbed West Holts in 09, headlined JP in 11, disappeared for 6/7 years and now they're stock has risen enough for them to headline Other?

Is it just purely the fact that absence makes the heart grow fonder and people are now frothing at the mouth for some Streets action?

Its known as the Stone Roses effect. Break up under clouds of derision and mocked by all and sundry. Disappear for a few years and emerge as hero's who go on to take over the world. I went from seeing the Roses at the apollo, not seeing them for nearly 20 years and then next time I seen them was at Heaton Park. In the roses defence, they had one of the greatest albums ever made under their hat, but still it is remarkable what a bit of nostalgia does for your profile. 

Edited by eastynh

13 hours ago, jyoung said:

Streets can clash with Stormzy for me but not Wu Tang.

Stormzy and The Streets have the same booking agent so them clashing is out of question.

Saturday would seems most likely for them, mostly due to be fact that everyone is saying The Chemical Brothers are Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Divein said:

Stormzy and The Streets have the same booking agent so them clashing is out of question.

Feel like this isn't that relevent. I could be wrong but I think if someone is gonna be booked, they'll be booked regardless of what's going on elsewhere / who they're up against etc. Could of course be wrong.

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There are tickets available for around 40 quid for Brixton tonight and tomorrow. Debating whether to go or not.

Saw them on the first round of shows they did last year at Brixton and thought it was brilliant, electric atmosphere. 

Someone put this video together which is quite cool.

Edit: Although I've just realised the audio is from the Proms gigs they did. :banghead:

Edited by Mouseboy11

16 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Feel like this isn't that relevent. I could be wrong but I think if someone is gonna be booked, they'll be booked regardless of what's going on elsewhere / who they're up against etc. Could of course be wrong.

Any agent worth their salt would at least try and get their 2 clients on at different times to try and maximise exposure for both. Can't guarantee a crowd but at least you know another 1 of your clients isn't taking away anyone from your other client. 

Edited by Doug85
spelling

3 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Any agent worth their salt would at least try and get their 2 clients on at different times to try and maximise exposure for both. Can't guarantee a crowd but at least you know another 1 of your clients isn't taking away anyone from your other client. 

A booking agent may well try to seperate their clients but surely though the Glasto stage bookers will have the ultimate say in this as they're the ones curating the line up?

22 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

A booking agent may well try to seperate their clients but surely though the Glasto stage bookers will have the ultimate say in this as they're the ones curating the line up?

Of course that's why I said try but you would imagine they would come to some arrangement, if they didn't try then i'd suggest they weren't the best at their job. 

The last time The Streets played Glastonbury he stopped mid-song to tell the crowd that a woman on someone’s shoulders “had lovely boobies”. The crowd took his lead and instigated a rousing chorus of “get your tits out for the lads”.

Just an example of the kind of great crowd interaction people are referring to.

Edited by Bradders

5 minutes ago, Bradders said:

The last time The Streets played Glastonbury he stopped mid-song to tell the crowd that a woman on someone’s shoulders “had lovely boobies”. The crowd took his lead and instigated a rousing chorus of “get your tits out for the lads”.

Just an example of the kind of great crowd interaction people are referring to.

Tbf, he was all about women being able to crowd surf without blokes groping them last night! 

Love the Streets but I was at their gig in Brixton in April last year and the sound was terrible where we were stood. My advice to anyone who is going is make sure you’re far enough forward that you’re not under the upstairs overhang bit. There was a lot of beer thrown in the forward bit of the crowd though so you pay your price.