Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

5 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Definitely brings a new energy to it. Just watched the Tiny Desk set on YouTube and thought it was decent. 

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Nah I haven't seen any footage of them live. I wanna see them but some people have said they're often underwhelming live so I'm not sure. I'll have to watch some vids.

As Jyoung has said, it's a new energy (which is needed since they are all well into 40's).  Check out the tiny desk concert: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALUKDkOxVPo

The last few times I've seen them I've enjoyed it though it depends on how much of the crew is there.  in 2010 (i think) they were amazing but the other times I don't think everyone was there and the set suffered because of it.

As they are headlining, I'd imagine they will go all out but at the moment, they aren't factoring into my saturday plans

17 hours ago, jparx said:

Seeing Chems at Mad Cool so that's ideal really. If there's a clash then no harm done, so a great headliner to have in reserve. If I don't end up seeing Chems then it'll be because something much more mega is on and I can catch them a fortnight later.

Pretty much this. Seeing them at APE but I’d probably only realistically miss them for a Beatle (that isn’t Ringo) so It’s win-win. I’d be persuadable to seeing a bit of Janelle or Wu Tang on West Holts first then a quick walk over (would be my 4th time seeing the Chems at Glastonbury so I can miss a bit).

Probably on to Arcadia after - exciting times.

I've got tickets for the Chems in November, but I'd go and see them provided there wasn't a horrendous clash. I've never seen them before. If McCartney is playing, and he clashes,  I'd go to him - however my friends would 100% go to Chems.

Our group has extended this year, yet I already know I'll probably see more bands alone than I did last time out.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:09 AM, eFestivals said:

yeah, I've had an updated bit of info to say things are less likely now. 

To be fair that info suggests unlikely, but I'm thinking that the chumminess between Paolo's people and the fest might tilt things so it happens.

had further info from another source. Not happening, apparently.

On 1/12/2019 at 8:28 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

It would be the 3rd time seeing the Chems at Glastonbury & about 10th in all. 

I don't think I'll watch them tbh..  unless nothing else appeals. I know I'd love it, but Ive seen it before.

On the plus side, it's a guaranteed good night.

This is the beauty of the Chems, they’re a great one to have in your back pocket if nothing else appeals that night.

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Cheers for the update Neil. In terms of realistic headliner possibilities then we have;

The Chemical Brothers, The Streets, Wolf Alice, Tame Impala, NGHFB, The Prodigy

Anyone else?

Tremendous.

If the info on Noel doing Saturday is right, and Macca is also right, Noel won't be headlining the Other. Lots of variables there mind you.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Tremendous.

If the info on Noel doing Saturday is right, and Macca is also right, Noel won't be headlining the Other. Lots of variables there mind you.

Those three would be my preferences too. I'm a big fan of all three so would be happy heading along to see them but I've also seen them enough times already that it wouldnt be a disaster if something better was on elsewhere (ie Macca). 

Has there been info on Tame Impala doing it or is that just people’s best guess?

With Noel seemingly taking the Macca sub spot it does leave The Strokes out in the open with before The Cure being the only place left, and you could well argue that that would be more like a co-headliner than a traditional sub.

Or, or course, one of them isn’t happening, and The Strokes would seem the most unlikely candidate if we didn’t now have two bits of info placing them there.

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Has there been info on Tame Impala doing it or is that just people’s best guess?

There was the interview that Kevin Parker did where he said there has been talk of them headlining the Other stage but I think that's it. I think they'll headline it on the Friday.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Or, or course, one of them isn’t happening, and The Strokes would seem the most unlikely candidate if we didn’t now have two bits of info placing them there.

One of those bits places them as a Pyramid headliner. And I know you can’t see them as one, but still it doesn’t add anything to them being an Other headliner.

42 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

There was the interview that Kevin Parker did where he said there has been talk of them headlining the Other stage but I think that's it. I think they'll headline it on the Friday.

Yeah but then he dismisses it by saying they’ve had a taste of the Pyramid now. Which is valid, cos they smashed it. The ‘talk’ seemed to suggest it was informal chatter with his manager or something. This is my recollection anyway.

The fact that he thinks about his. next time playing Glastonbury in his downtime is suggestive that they’ll be looking to return soon tho. :P

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, sisco said:

Many being the word..... so certainly more than 1!

The note of caution I'd sound on that -

The last couple years, Global seem to be block booking a relatively small pool of headline acts and spreading them around their festivals.

So if Wolf Alice are headlining Standon Calling, then I think it's a pretty safe bet that they'll be at one or more of Tramlines, Boardmasters, Truck, Y Not, Victorious, etc which may account for the "not many".

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Pretty sure the Wolf Alice itk specifically said he'd heard they'd turned down Glasto, as well as the fact they're wanting time off, so even if they are doing some shows it still sounds like Glasto won't be one of them?

Who was it?

I know it'd be a weird thing to lie about but there are some weird people out there.

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Pretty sure the Wolf Alice itk specifically said he'd heard they'd turned down Glasto, as well as the fact they're wanting time off, so even if they are doing some shows it still sounds like Glasto won't be one of them?

They just emailed me (well the whole mailing list, not me specifically) about headlining Standon Calling so they're def doing shows this summer. It does say they're not doing many though.

Can't see them turning down headlining a stage at Glastonbury!