Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

Yeah Coachella placing doesn’t necessarily mean much. Phoenix headlined Coachella the same year they were on the JP... it’s a completely different festival in a completely different market. It means they have more experience of the hype, the stage show etc but not necessarily the crowd pull to match.

So with Stormzy on Friday and Wu Tang on Saturday, is it safe to assume The Streets will headline on the Sunday? Can't see them booking hip hop acts for 2 out of the 3 biggest stages on the same night, process of elimination says The Streets must be Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

So with Stormzy on Friday and Wu Tang on Saturday, is it safe to assume The Streets will headline on the Sunday? Can't see them booking hip hop acts for 2 out of the 3 biggest stages on the same night, process of elimination says The Streets must be Sunday. 

Reckon The Streets could quite comfortably go up against Wu-Tang. Doubt there’ll be too much crossover there. They could be Pyramid subs too, mind.

38 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Bit early isn't it, since APE is still very much onsale?

what's APE got to do with it?

Emily's hubby manages Chems. I'm suggesting that (perhaps) Emily gave Lauren's show a Glasto exclusive to help promote the show on its first day, and in exchange Lauren's show is giving Chems some promo.

That sort of mutual-backscratching is pretty standard in mediaworld.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

what's APE got to do with it?

Emily's hubby manages Chems. I'm suggesting that (perhaps) Emily gave Lauren's show a Glasto exclusive to help promote the show on its first day, and in exchange Lauren's show is giving Chems some promo.

That sort of mutual-backscratching is pretty standard in mediaworld.

We will find out soon! I just meant that they don't normally announce acts when they have other big gigs on sale.(ESP other headline festival shows).

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Chems? Nope.

But they're obviously available to Glasto any time they'd both like it to happen, and there's plenty about this year which seems to suggest it, so I think threy're likely to play.

Ta. Guess all the signs are pointing to them playing, new album, 4 years since they last played etc.

Would imagine if any of the “heritage” dance acts are gonna be held back for 2020 (if that is going to be a thing) it would be Orbital.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Oh fair enough, must have missed that.

Same person said he wasn’t sure they would do it as they were planning a break. (Although then someone else showed a lineup for some festival that the Foos released by accident which shows WA on it!)

so..... who knows

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Ta. Guess all the signs are pointing to them playing, new album, 4 years since they last played etc.

Would imagine if any of the “heritage” dance acts are gonna be held back for 2020 (if that is going to be a thing) it would be Orbital.

For sentimental reasons, maybe, but Chems are the big guns out of the two acts.

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Just noticed @eFestivals that Paolo Nutini is only down as a "R" in the rumours now. Are you now thinking he is less likely? It's fine with me but the Mrs loves him. 

I guess the complete silence from him for about 3 years doesn't bode well for him showing up.

I'm a fan but haven't seen anything which suggests he's about to emerge from the shadows for the foreseeable!

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Just noticed @eFestivals that Paolo Nutini is only down as a "R" in the rumours now. Are you now thinking he is less likely? It's fine with me but the Mrs loves him. 

yeah, I've had an updated bit of info to say things are less likely now. 

To be fair that info suggests unlikely, but I'm thinking that the chumminess between Paolo's people and the fest might tilt things so it happens.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, I've had an updated bit of info to say things are less likely now. 

To be fair that info suggests unlikely, but I'm thinking that the chumminess between Paolo's people and the fest might tilt things so it happens.

Fair enough, she will be disappointed. I think if he was to play though he would probably be quite high up even contending with headlining the other and there seems to be a lot of competition for those spots? I'd much rather have The Chems.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So, the Chems just said "might be one more show" and then corrected to two with "might be one in Cornwall".

Which sounds like Glasto and an Eden Sessions show to me.

Tell you what, this year is (potentially in the world of rumours) shaping up to be a headliner clash heavy festival!

30 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

For sentimental reasons, maybe, but Chems are the big guns out of the two acts.

Absolutely they are, but (although I’d like it for personal reasons) I can’t see them putting two dance acts who have been around for 25+ years headlining two major stages at the same festival*

Undoubtedly The Chems are the bigger of the two acts now and mildly popular with rhe yoof, or so I’m led to believe. Orbital produced the definitive dance set at Glastonbury and I can see them reprising that again in some form next year. If they don’t split up again before the .

*waits for someone to cite 17 such examplea of where it’s happened before