Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Don’t see him headlining it. He’s big enough - he was last time - but we’ve got three what-should-be-good rumours and also his crowd are mostly the peeps who watch all Pyramid headliners without fail so what’s point?

Who is the third? Chems, Streets and ???.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

:bubaphone:

Just popped the question - my pal (related to one of them) spoke with during festivities… all he has said is that they will be taking time off for the third album, so I don't doubt they will have probably been offered the slot, but looks like they will turn it down… he has been right for everything he has told me about them last few years pre-annoucements.

A guess but I could have seen them being offered it around the time Stormzy would have been, to be vs. on the Friday?

19 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Just popped the question - my pal (related to one of them) spoke with during festivities… all he has said is that they will be taking time off for the third album, so I don't doubt they will have probably been offered the slot, but looks like they will turn it down… he has been right for everything he has told me about them last few years pre-annoucements.

A guess but I could have seen them being offered it around the time Stormzy would have been, to be vs. on the Friday?

I see, thanks.

I don't know if you know about it but when Hurricane/Southside did its last announcement, Foo Fighters posted this poster below - which features Wolf Alice - so if they've agreed to play that then they're about Europe a week or so before. Not to say that they'd be happily accepting Glastonbury bc playing 2020 is probably a better prospect but they should be about.

Hurricane-Festival.jpg

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I see, thanks.

I don't know if you know about it but when Hurricane/Southside did its last announcement, Foo Fighters posted this poster below - which features Wolf Alice - so if they've agreed to play that then they're about Europe a week or so before. Not to say that they'd be happily accepting Glastonbury bc playing 2020 is probably a better prospect but they should be about.

Hurricane-Festival.jpg

Not sure, I don’t really follow them - they could still be accepting then and just doing a small selection of dates like they did last summer and not extensive if they are booked for Germany at that time? If anything changes, this forum will be the first to know 

27 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Daytime Pyramid for BMTH would be some sight to behold.

Would it? I would think it no different to Pendulum, including the massive coordinated shrug from the crowd after they finished.

(I didn’t go in 2011 but can only assume that’s what happened because it’s Pendulum)

Edited by dentalplan

Where they the ones who made pillocks of themselves at the NME Awards? 

This has made me unreasonably excited for the NME Awards and any potential lineup news that leaks out or is even officially announced!

This excitement has already dissipated as I remember how bad it usually is.

12 minutes ago, basynthnd said:

I think Tame Impala headlining Coachella quashes those Other headliner rumours

Are you saying they're now too big for it? None of those headliners would headline a major festival over here.

Tame Impala are still a realistic option for Other headliner IMO. Won't be long before they're more than that in the UK though.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Given the year she had in 2018 Ariana G is rapidly becoming headliner size over here too, but I agree about the others.

I watched xmas TOTP and I looked at that Coachella line-up and thought "the state of music in 2019". :blink: 

Might as well hand it all over to Cowell and co. Oooh, too late, already there. 

2 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Are you saying they're now too big for it? None of those headliners would headline a major festival over here.

Tame Impala are still a realistic option for Other headliner IMO. Won't be long before they're more than that in the UK though.

Yeah I think they are to be honest, even before this announcement. I just don’t see why they’d go from Pyramid sub to Other Headliner. I think they’re more likely to wait it out for a year or two and go for the big one. Hope I’m wrong though!