Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

2 minutes ago, hoils said:

Andy C to headline, whatcha reckon? He's playing Wembley (oddly) so surely can be argued he's a big enough deal nowadays. 

He closed Boomtown. I couldn't see him headlining The Other though - maybe a smaller stage?

22 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

He closed Boomtown. I couldn't see him headlining The Other though - maybe a smaller stage?

I'd rather see Andy C at Arcadia than anywhere else.  

Though I could say that about the majority of DJs I like.

At the moment I'm thinking that the Prodigy and Massive Attack might be a shout.  

That's purely based on simple desire to see Massive Attack again as they were spectacular in '14

8 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

At the moment I'm thinking that the Prodigy and Massive Attack might be a shout.  

2019 will mark ten years since their last appearance and they've had two UK number one albums in that time. No Tourists will be 20 months old by the time 2020 comes around so 2019 might be looking like the last opportunity. I'm certainly hoping for them headlining the Other Stage up against the Cure on the Saturday night, if that plays out as many think

Whose going up against Stormzy on the Friday night? 

Could Liam Gallagher? Can't see him subbing Stormzy and (imo) he is more likely to than Noel. 

The Streets will be one act I think, but it makes sense for them to be against The Cure or Macca, and surely a dance act will be another?

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Whose going up against Stormzy on the Friday night? 

Could Liam Gallagher? Can't see him subbing Stormzy and (imo) he is more likely to than Noel. 

The Streets will be one act I think, but it makes sense for them to be against The Cure or Macca, and surely a dance act will be another?

LG is TBC Pyramid on Friday so he'll be subbing Stormzy.  

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'd take either... I've seen The Prodigy twice since last December, so I'd be more swayed by The Chems...

im struggling for a headliner at either pyramid or other based on current rumours ... macca maybe .... but this will make a change so might just be in some random bar somewhere :) 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im struggling for a headliner at either pyramid or other based on current rumours ... macca maybe .... but this will make a change so might just be in some random bar somewhere :) 

I don't know who is rumoured for The Other but the one I heard (The Streets) is meant to clash with Macca, who is the main. Pryamid headliner I'd be interested in, so I'm very much in the same boat. Good job there is so much more on!!!

On 11/11/2018 at 1:48 AM, fatyeti24 said:

In an ideal world, all of the Gallagher brothers' gigs would be unannounced. 

We all know Oasis aren't reforming for Glastonbury, not before they've cashed in in stadia around the world first, but this is a festival that had a crowd waiting patiently in front of the Park Stage, as it was being dismantled, for Daft Punk to turn up, so I'm inclined to agree with you.

But did they?