Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

George Formby? Long dead mate

Schoolboy error, LAWN.

Mr Formby almost exclusively played the banjolele.

https://www.thomann.de/dk/harley_benton_bju_15pro_banjo_ukulele.htm?sid=de98836f830c996343f03c00d5263a12

Small guitar...

Sheesh...

:)

Ben

Edit - have twice now tried to embed a picture to enhance my incredibly funny riposte. And failed. making me the idiot. Again.

Edited by bennyhana22

NIN would be wonderful and a perfect headliner for the Other. It's one of those golden goose deals though. We're not good enough to deserve that.

My dream has always been TOOL headlining the Other. New record may finally be coming (lol) but they're a lock for Download if they're doing any festival I'd imagine.

I thought Rammstein historically charged high fees to play festivals? I thought that's why it took a while for Download to get them? I suspect they may price themselves out of a non-Pyramid headline slot.

Edited by jparx

19 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

POOR MAN'S DEPECHE MODE? Good thing you've seen the error of your ways, otherwise I'd have had to pop down to Newton Heath and give you a peice of my mind.

I'd love NIN to play, saw the 2014 tour in Manchester and it was exceptional, but didn't somebody say Trent told the crowd at Mad Cool they're not playing again for a long time?

I think it was just a bit of a throwaway comment really. At 29 mins. 

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

NIN have the chewns and boy have they got the chops to nail a Pyramid spot.

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

No question.

Not happening.

:)

Ben

Yes agree with both. They could, they should, but they won't. I think the time where bands like them headline has passed. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I think it was just a bit of a throwaway comment really. At 29 mins. 

Yes agree with both. They could, they should, but they won't. I think the time where bands like them headline has passed. 

There really is a market for an alternative festival in mould of Mad Cool or how V used to be, in this country. For those who are too old for Leeds/Reading, not beige enough for the way Glasto is heading and not ready for the nostalgia fests of Rewind or Shine on.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, eastynh said:

There really is a market for an alternative festival in mould of Mad Cool or how V used to be, in this country. For those who are too old for Leeds/Reading, not beige enough for the way Glasto is heading and not ready for the nostalgia fests of Rewind or Shine on.

They're not the only festivals in this country tho dawg, and while Glastonbury might get a good chunk of mainstream beige, the vast vast vast majority of it only gets more varied and exciting year on year.

17 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Considering the Eavis’ recent form for booking slightly out there subs that die on their arse to uninterested crowds, like they did with The National and Beck. I’m fully expecting Trent and the gang to sub Lady Gaga or something for everyone to talk through. 

In the case of The national that was the band's fault for playing half a set of new material that hadn't been released. I'm a massive fan and even I found it hard going

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

In keeping with lots of other comments earlier in the thread, NIN on Other would be a fantastic headliner.

I reckon they'd pull a bloody decent crowd too...

Ben

I was always ambivalent about NIN but I kind felt they were one of those bands that you should see once in your lifetime, so I went to their Meltdown gig. It was completely awesome, I'd love to see them headline other now.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Considering the Eavis’ recent form for booking slightly out there subs that die on their arse to uninterested crowds, like they did with The National and Beck. I’m fully expecting Trent and the gang to sub Lady Gaga or something for everyone to talk through. 

NIN then Gaga.  It's a combination that I didn't know I needed until now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

They're not the only festivals in this country tho dawg, and while Glastonbury might get a good chunk of mainstream beige, the vast vast vast majority of it only gets more varied and exciting year on year.

Yeah I agree mate. Mad Cool has turned me. Was nice to go to a festival again solely for the music.

1 hour ago, DJ Cull said:

In the case of The national that was the band's fault for playing half a set of new material that hadn't been released. I'm a massive fan and even I found it hard going

Theyd have been talked through regardless of what they played. The people who talked through the new stuff will have recognised those songs just as much as they'd have recognised Mistaken For Strangers and Don't Swallow the Cap.