Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

I could go for some Rammstein.  Caught their Download set in 2016 from the back of the field (late arrivals) and was a whole lotta fun.  Would be bang up for being down in the thick of it.

Any set that ends with the singer supported in mid air with giant metal wings that shoot fire gets my vote.

• Upvote 2

With their performance at Ultra Miami - SHM could be a good option, Pendulum have reformed and they'd go down a storm.

I'm still playing the Pendulum/Knife party co-headline set from Ultra a couple of years ago in the car, makes the morning commute bearable.

Rammstein would be a monster set for the other, preferably scheduled against Macca or some other populist pap on Pyramid - I still regret watching the Radiohead dirge when I could have been.at Major Lazer in 2017 and worse still the Who instead of the Chems in 2015.

TBH I'd be happy with EDM or Metal on the other against anything apart from Pink/Kyle on Pyramid as that would be a dilemma.

Just now, eastynh said:

Nal was you into them before Mad Cool? I always thought they were a poor man's Depeche Mode but they totally won me over.

Aside from a tune here and there and a mid 90s flirt with The Downward Spiral I wasn't no. Really only got into them in the last 2-3 years so they were the highlight for me before Mad Cool and they didn't disappoint. Genuinely one of the best gigs I've seen. 

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Aside from a tune here and there and a mid 90s flirt with The Downward Spiral I wasn't no. Really only got into them in the last 2-3 years so they were the highlight for me before Mad Cool and they didn't disappoint. Genuinely one of the best gigs I've seen. 

I enjoyed it too. The big plastic containers of Gin helped I think. 

Would be well up for seeing them there next year.

20 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Nal was you into them before Mad Cool? I always thought they were a poor man's Depeche Mode but they totally won me over.

? What? A what man's who?!?! 

NIN on the pyramid. Surely too good to be true. I was proper gutted this year when they announced all those festivals and it was so obvious that if only Glastonbury had been on in 2018 they would have been smashing it up somewhere on the lineup. 

4 hours ago, Quark said:

I could go for some Rammstein.  Caught their Download set in 2016 from the back of the field (late arrivals) and was a whole lotta fun.  Would be bang up for being down in the thick of it.

Any set that ends with the singer supported in mid air with giant metal wings that shoot fire gets my vote.

I would happily take some combination of NIN/Rammstein and the Prodigy though - Preference for NIN, but I've never seen Rammstein and it does sound like a sight to behold. And both NIN and Rammstein obvs isn't happening. Unless they actually did stick one of them on the Pyramid!

Edited by Sasperella

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

? What? A poor man's who?!?! 

NIN on the pyramid. Surely too good to be true. I was proper gutted this year when they announced all those festivals and it was so obvious that if only Glastonbury had been on in 2018 they would have been smashing it up somewhere on the lineup. 

I would happily take some combination of NIN/Rammstein and the Prodigy though - Preference for NIN, but I've never seen Rammstein and it does sound like a sight to behold. And both NIN and Rammstein obvs isn't happening. Unless they actually did stick one of them on the Pyramid!

Take away the vocals and the music sounds very Depeche Mode esque. Them and Marilyn Manson are both hugely influenced by them. Kind of gothic, electronic, rock. DM are more melodic and the vocals not as heavy. But the sound both acts use was pioneered by DM really.

I was not a fan if NIN but now I am.

Edited by eastynh

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Take away the vocals and the music sounds very Depeche Mode esque. Them and Marilyn Manson are both hugely influenced by them. Kind of gothic, electronic, rock. DM are more melodic and the vocals not as heavy. The the sound both acts use was pioneered by DM really.

I was not a fan if NIN but now I am.

Hmmm maybe I should listen to more Depeche Mode :)

10 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

They're a blast. Plus, you know, riffs.

21 minutes ago, eastynh said:

POOR MAN'S DEPECHE MODE? Good thing you've seen the error of your ways, otherwise I'd have had to pop down to Newton Heath and give you a peice of my mind.

I'd love NIN to play, saw the 2014 tour in Manchester and it was exceptional, but didn't somebody say Trent told the crowd at Mad Cool they're not playing again for a long time?

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

POOR MAN'S DEPECHE MODE? Good thing you've seen the error of your ways, otherwise I'd have had to pop down to Newton Heath and give you a peice of my mind.

I'd love NIN to play, saw the 2014 tour in Manchester and it was exceptional, but didn't somebody say Trent told the crowd at Mad Cool they're not playing again for a long time?

Apparently he said it would be their last show in Europe for a while...or possibly ever. Some deliberation since then about how long he meant by "a while", what he meant by "Europe" and if he was in fact just have a good old jape. 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Apparently he said it would be their last show in Europe for a while...or possibly ever. Some deliberation since then about how long he meant by "a while", what he meant by "Europe" and if he was in fact just have a good old jape. 

I'\d never rely on anything said by an artist on stage. They're very confused people. It's not your job to be as confused as Nigel Trent Reznor

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yes he said maybe the last ever show in Europe. They all talk shit though mate. Can't see him jacking it in.