What is the process with Campervans?

Dangertappy

You drive into a special campervan field and show your campervan ticket, and in return you get a badge for your window and a special campervan field pass.  This is outside the main festival fence so you need to produce your ticket and campervan pass each time you walk in and out of the main festival area.

You follow the instructions posted to you with the CV ticket for the route to use, to access the CV fields. In previous years you got a sticker to fix to your windscreen with CV East/West on it.

You drive through some fields down some metal track to a security check where they should check if everyone in the CV has a valid ticket and the CV ticket matches one of the people in the CV and will carry out a quick check for glass bottles or other "banned" items.

If all is good they direct you to one of the fields and a marshal will tell you where to park, if you have an awning or are putting a tent on your pitch tell them before they get you to park as it may change what pitch they put you in or where in the pitch.

To gain initial access to the festival you take your ticket to the gate pass through the security checks and get wrist banded - just like if you were camping.

To leave the festival to get back to the CV fields you leave by the same gate and make sure you get a pass-out ticket (or you won't be let back in).

To get back in you'll need the wristband, ticket and pass-out when you get to the security check and go through the "re-entry" gate.

If at B&W add queue for shuttle-bus between B&W to PED-A to the process.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Penrhos said:

You follow the instructions posted to you with the CV ticket for the route to use, to access the CV fields. In previous years you got a sticker to fix to your windscreen with CV East/West on it.

You drive through some fields down some metal track to a security check where they should check if everyone in the CV has a valid ticket and the CV ticket matches one of the people in the CV and will carry out a quick check for glass bottles or other "banned" items.

If all is good they direct you to one of the fields and a marshal will tell you where to park, if you have an awning or are putting a tent on your pitch tell them before they get you to park as it may change what pitch they put you in or where in the pitch.

To gain initial access to the festival you take your ticket to the gate pass through the security checks and get wrist banded - just like if you were camping.

To leave the festival to get back to the CV fields you leave by the same gate and make sure you get a pass-out ticket (or you won't be let back in).

To get back in you'll need the wristband, ticket and pass-out when you get to the security check and go through the "re-entry" gate.

If at B&W add queue for shuttle-bus between B&W to PED-A to the process.

Awesome, thanks for the detailed response! 

As described above, but to add that if you have any alcohol bottles, make sure they're plastic as glass ones (wine, spirits etc) will be removed at the security checks, even if they're only for use on the van. Crockery and van stuff will be OK.

As @carlosj says they're mostly interested in glass when you arrive in the van. 

Each day you take your day bag, cans or whatever and go on site through a pedestrian gate and ticket check. The one I go through has a couple of trestle tables where a handful of security folk seemingly at random ask the odd person to empty their bag onto the table. 

They never find the kinder egg up my arse ?

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

As @carlosj says they're mostly interested in glass when you arrive in the van. 

Each day you take your day bag, cans or whatever and go on site through a pedestrian gate and ticket check. The one I go through has a couple of trestle tables where a handful of security folk seemingly at random ask the odd person to empty their bag onto the table. 

They never find the kinder egg up my arse ?

Agree? upgrading this year though hahaha

kindersurprisegiant5.jpg

• Upvote 2

No van checks carried out when I’ve entered cv east in 2016 or 2017, that’s not to say they didn’t check any vans but they weren’t when I drove past the check area.

i must have an honest face because I’ve never been searched when entering the site on foot either.

thinking about it I’ve never been searched at any festival I’ve ever been to. 

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

No van checks carried out when I’ve entered cv east in 2016 or 2017, that’s not to say they didn’t check any vans but they weren’t when I drove past the check area.

i must have an honest face because I’ve never been searched when entering the site on foot either.

thinking about it I’ve never been searched at any festival I’ve ever been to. 

I've had my van checked in the past. Wasn't checked last year but my friends in the caravan behind me were. Was a good one too, not just a cursory glance. I think it depends when you get there.  I don't think anyone got checked in the mudbath of 2016 though...I think they were more focused on getting folk into the fields.

Any search/brief look around the van on the way in to CV fields is really to check for glass, which no-one should really be looking to bring onto the farm anyway.. They will confiscate if found.

The searching of property on the gate is predominantly for illegal substances as i see it... and probably security.

I believe that they also have a small tent round the back where they take people who are walking like they have a giant kinder egg up their arse.

8 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Any search/brief look around the van on the way in to CV fields is really to check for glass, which no-one should really be looking to bring onto the farm anyway.. They will confiscate if found.

The searching of property on the gate is predominantly for illegal substances as i see it... and probably security.

I believe that they also have a small tent round the back where they take people who are walking like they have a giant kinder egg up their arse.

One step ahead of you there my friend,I have ordered a Donald duck costume as my fancy dress choice so when I waddle in it won't look suspicious?

3 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

One step ahead of you there my friend,I have ordered a Donald duck costume as my fancy dress choice so when I waddle in it won't look suspicious?

I could have sworn i heard one of the burly ones asking last year "so whos turn is it to fuck the duck...?"

Good Luck Donald.!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, daclown28 said:

Sorry to hijack this with more questions but what is the process if you have friends arriving by coach who want to stay with us in our van? How does the policing in and out of the campervan field work . Is it ok as Long as they have a ticket and a pass out?

They arrive at the coach drop off and then walk in to the festival from the West entrance(Gate A(?), and on to where you are parked... East or West CV. It is a big hike across site to the East entrance (Gate C), then up the hill of death to CV East. They then just check in and out exactly the same way as you do from then on... anyone that exits the gates gets a pass out that they must produce when reentering...

Neil @eFestivalswill correct me if I am wrong.

if you want to do them a favour you would take all of their gear with you in your van...so they can walk unburdened....

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

the person named on the CV ticket needs to arrive with the campervan that's using that ticket.

Yeah I knew the person would need to be present, just wondered because we are booking 2x CV passes, will we be able to put 2 separate people on each pass so they don't have to drive in together.

Just now, CeriG said:

even when you are buying 2x CV tickets? Bugger, that will be a logistic nightmare if they need to arrive together.

the idea is that there'll always be a Glasto-reg'd person driving a van, so that person's reg-number should be used to buy a cv ticket.

I bought 3 last time, but can't remember if I had to do three transactions or whether I bought all three in one go. I suspect it might have been three transactions.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I bought 3 last time, but can't remember if I had to do three transactions or whether I bought all three in one go. I suspect it might have been three transactions.

Hi Neil :) I know that you eventually returned one of those three - the one that you had generously offered to me. Was just wondering if you used the other by coming in in convoy as we had planned to do before I managed to get my own in the resale. Were there any issues doing that because you weren't actually in the second vehicle, or was it ok just to be present as we had thought?

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

They arrive at the coach drop off and then walk in to the festival from the West entrance(Gate A(?), and on to where you are parked... East or West CV. It is a big hike across site to the East entrance (Gate C), then up the hill of death to CV East. They then just check in and out exactly the same way as you do from then on... anyone that exits the gates gets a pass out that they must produce when reentering...

Neil @eFestivalswill correct me if I am wrong.

if you want to do them a favour you would take all of their gear with you in your van...so they can walk unburdened....

Thiis would be the plan as they have young children.