Exit 2019

Nicklord

45 minutes ago, Dazrigby88 said:

thanks mate... Seems really cheap... It won't be in Euros though, will it? It'll be Serbian dinar, right?

Yeah. Rate should be around 118 dinars for one euro. Also don't change money at the train/bus stations. They always have the worst rates.

23 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Yeah. Rate should be around 118 dinars for one euro. Also don't change money at the train/bus stations. They always have the worst rates.

cool.. thanks mate

Had a few other questions about the festival.

What tie does the festival open during the day? 

What's the atmosphere like on the camp site?

Are there any shops/ bars/food outlets on the camp site?

any advice is much appreciated :) 

20 minutes ago, Dazrigby88 said:

cool.. thanks mate

Had a few other questions about the festival.

What's the atmosphere like on the camp site?

Are there any shops/ bars/food outlets on the camp site?

any advice is much appreciated :) 

7pm but nobody really goes before 9-10pm unless you want to see regional bands.

There're a lot of international people from all over the world. Usually it's really quiet between 7am and 1pm. That's kinda like a house rule. Almost everyone sleeps outside of their tents, especially those people who were unlucky and got a spot under the sun :D Between 5pm and 9pm it gets loud and everybody predrinks together really, you can just sit with anyone and be like "hey my new friends", from my experience of Sziget, Novarock, Rock im Park and Rock Wercher it's by faaaaar the friendliest camp in that regard. Wait for the shower and stuff like that isn't longer than 2 minutes.

There's a festival shop and a bar in the camp. There're 10 food outlets literally just outside the camp, right on the beach. You'll see when you get there :D

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 8:54 PM, doobie ninja said:

Bought my ticket :) finally...im going to Exit!

anyone travelled somewhere before the festival? or afterwards? interested in Romania or Bosnia, but will depend on transport links.

Thinking of booking one of the student dorm style places that are on the Exit site. It says it's 2.5km from the festival site, and 50m from the beach. When i put the address in google maps, it says its actually 4km (50min) walk from the fortress??? Does anyway have any hotel recommendations? just want something quiet, AC pref and walkable to site. oh and cheap. yeah, i dont want much :)

Thanks guys

Hey. Romanian here. Romania is nice too(Bosnia is exotic - been to Mostar once, awesome place - though our "mici" are way tastier than their cevapi ? ), but mainly Transylvania, which is not that close(not far either). Transylvanian food is just...really, really good, if you know what and where to get. Strong hungarian influences, and that's always a good thing, esp when talking about food. 

This one's going to be my first Exit, booked a place many months ago, but it's a bit far from the fortress(Rumenačka - about 1h by foot, according to google maps). I suppose public transportation is shut down at small hours, right? So the only way would be taxis. Are they more expensive during the festival? 
Drink prices are about the same as they are at our biggest festivals, Electric Castle&Untold. 

Is there any food available @Exit?(for non campers)?

Thanks. 

Edited by Doriannn

About the line-up, I'm just a bit underwhelmed(bought the ticket the second The Cure were announced). Exit got more electronic, compared to its past, in my eyes. But it's ok, I like Kalkbrenner/Solomun/Maceo Plex/Greta van Fleet/Anselmo/Brejcha/Booze and glory(yeah, I'm quite eclectic. and old. :-)) ).

But hey, I really can't complain, considering the price. :) I'll go and see Florence + the machine @Electric Castle(the one day ticket costs me more than what I've paid for the whole Exit ticket), and maybe Robbie Williams @Untold, dunno yet. 
So yeah, I honestly can't wait. Two weeks to go! 
Yay! ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doriannn said:

Hey. Romanian here. Romania is nice too(Bosnia is exotic - been to Mostar once, awesome place - though our "mici" are way tastier than their cevapi ? ), but mainly Transylvania, which is not that close(not far either). Transylvanian food is just...really, really good, if you know what and where to get. Strong hungarian influences, and that's always a good thing, esp when talking about food. 

This one's going to be my first Exit, booked a place many months ago, but it's a bit far from the fortress(Rumenačka - about 1h by foot, according to google maps). I suppose public transportation is shut down at small hours, right? So the only way would be taxis. Are they more expensive during the festival? 
Drink prices are about the same as they are at our biggest festivals, Electric Castle&Untold. 

Is there any food available @Exit?(for non campers)?

Thanks. 

There's no public transportation between 00:00 and 4:30 roughly depending on the line. You can see the schedule on every bus stop or online :D 

About taxis, well half of them rise the price, half of them don't. The price should be around 400 dinars (3.5€). I use crveni taxi but it's always the best to ask the driver before entering how much it's gonna be and if they say much more just don't go in :D

There is, there's a whole zone called foodland near the main entrance and near fusion stage there's one more part

1 minute ago, Nicklord said:

There's no public transportation between 00:00 and 4:30 roughly depending on the line. You can see the schedule on every bus stop or online :D 

About taxis, well half of them rise the price, half of them don't. The price should be around 400 dinars (3.5€). I use crveni taxi but it's always the best to ask the driver before entering how much it's gonna be and if they say much more just don't go in :D

There is, there's a whole zone called foodland near the main entrance and near fusion stage there's one more part

Thanks a lot! I'm sort of used to those taxi methods from back home, that's why I asked. :)) I presume the payments(food, drinks, merch) at the festival will be electronic, like some precharged wristband or something, right? Or directly by card? 

11 minutes ago, Doriannn said:

Thanks a lot! I'm sort of used to those taxi methods from back home, that's why I asked. :)) I presume the payments(food, drinks, merch) at the festival will be electronic, like some precharged wristband or something, right? Or directly by card? 

There's a card system that works really well. You put money on it and pay with the card at the festival. I don't think I waited for a drink for more than 3 minutes in my life

Don't know when you'll be in Novi Sad but there're tons of stuff going on on tuesday and wednesday in city center with free concerts, parties, random activities like shirt painting and stuff like that. You'll see that the whole city is a big festival actually :D

Just now, Nicklord said:

Don't know when you'll be in Novi Sad but there're tons of stuff going on on tuesday and wednesday in city center with free concerts, parties, random activities like shirt painting and stuff like that. You'll see that the whole city is a big festival actually :D

We'll arrive only on Thursday, unfortunately, and leave on Monday. 

Thanks a lot again. :)

On 6/18/2019 at 2:58 PM, Nicklord said:

7pm but nobody really goes before 9-10pm unless you want to see regional bands.

There're a lot of international people from all over the world. Usually it's really quiet between 7am and 1pm. That's kinda like a house rule. Almost everyone sleeps outside of their tents, especially those people who were unlucky and got a spot under the sun :D Between 5pm and 9pm it gets loud and everybody predrinks together really, you can just sit with anyone and be like "hey my new friends", from my experience of Sziget, Novarock, Rock im Park and Rock Wercher it's by faaaaar the friendliest camp in that regard. Wait for the shower and stuff like that isn't longer than 2 minutes.

There's a festival shop and a bar in the camp. There're 10 food outlets literally just outside the camp, right on the beach. You'll see when you get there :D

thanks buddy... cant fucking wait :) Didn't even know there was a beach! hahahaha

19 hours ago, Dazrigby88 said:

thanks buddy... cant fucking wait :) Didn't even know there was a beach! hahahaha

? Mate, the campsite is located at Public city beach called Strand
Possibly this is the one of the most beautiful festival camping spots.
You can buy multi Strand pass (wristband) for just just 2.5 EUR which will give you rights to enter the public city beach from the campsite with no restrictions.

Fun fact, The Cure will start on 9pm on Day 1 which is really interesting as the most of headliners in previous years were around midnight.

Gates are open from 7pm - 3am, but the festival goes until 8am (the last active stages are Dance Arena and No Sleep Stage).
Starting from 8am Official After party will open the gates at the ditch "Bastion stage" next to Dance Arena, and the festival day is officially closed on 2pm :)

As Nicklord mentioned few times, Tuesday and Wednesday night before the festival are impressive too as there are many interesting contents at the city center.

22 hours ago, everest said:

Is it possible to pay in Euros on festival?My friend is going first time on exit and she is convinced she can pay with euros, but I'm telling her she is wrong.

Cash? Probably not. But you can use your debit/credit card to recharge your payment bracelet / token on the spot. At least that's how things in Romania work., so it's probably valid in Serbia also.

On 6/30/2019 at 10:46 AM, everest said:

Is it possible to pay in Euros on festival?My friend is going first time on exit and she is convinced she can pay with euros, but I'm telling her she is wrong.

She is wrong :)
She can pay only in local currency (Serbian dinars, 1 EUR = cca 118 Dinars) and with debit/credit cards at the festival (and the city).
There are many Exchange Offices in Novi Sad, so she should defo buy Dinars before she come to the Fortress.

On 7/1/2019 at 3:01 PM, Doriannn said:

Local help needed :) What mobile operator would you recommend for a prepaid sim card? Coverage/mobile internet speed/etc.  Romaning charges are pretty serious, Serbia being a non-EU country. ? 

They're all the same really for that and they all work at the fortress in the crowd too so really it's basically what name you like the most :lol:

There's a timetable on the app @everest

Edited by Nicklord

8 hours ago, everest said:

So festival starts in a two days and there is no timetable. Can't believe it. How's that possible?

Only because of that I will never ever go to this festival. 

It wasn't :lol:

Last night was okay crowd wise but I have some fears about today. They don't have anything big on the main stage now that DJ Snake cancelled so Tale of Us and Solomun are going to be rammed for sure even with the less people inside the fortress

Phil Anselmo can sing again, I was surprised but boy does he talk a lot. He could've easily played 3-4 more songs if he didn't milk every single applause and kissassed the crowd so much

• Upvote 1

This was my favorite Exit in a long time. I had bands that I'd like to see every single day before going to the dance arena and/or NSNS, a huge win for me after several years :lol:

The Cure, Anselmo, Tarja, Greta and Whitechapel were all great. Greta's songs aren't really good but they play, jam and improvise really well, loved them at Werchter too. The most fun at the arena was Dax J, holy shit that crowd wasn't ready for him, dude just goes hard for 2 straight hours without a single quiet part. Saw so many people give up and go from the arena ? I tried to film a few seconds but my phone couldn't handle it at all and it could handle death metal

https://streamable.com/k6zk8

Edited by Nicklord