Exit 2019

Nicklord

13 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Camping and City Beach hostel are 2.5km away. Campus and Spot hostels are basically halfway between the camp and the fortress and really close to the bridge where the festival unofficially starts. I haven't been in those 2 in Novi Sad but some other student dorms are perfectly fine so I can imagine those are too.

About travel, if you want to go to Bosnia find blablacar or taxi van, I used Gea Tours several times for Belgrade - Zagreb and it was perfectly fine and they go to Bosnia too. You have a lot of old towns, cities, mountains AND amazing cheap food. Romania is nice too but everything really worth seeing is on the eastern side of Romania far away from Novi Sad.

Yeah, its City Beach Hostel i'm interested in which as you said is 2.5km away. i copied the address into google maps and it said its a 4km walk to the fortress?!? ....which i'm guessing is on a hill?! so potentially a 4km up hill walk :)  had to email them any way as when we try and book it, the site crashes :(

@Noeliam will do! thanks! hope you're well by the way ;) 

Hi people,

I'm pretty much sure I'm going to Exit this year.. Just a few questions:

What are the prices like for drinks in the arena? And do they have a good selection? At Rock Werchter they just had beer and wine - shite!!!

Also, what is the deal with the camp site? Can you take your own alcohol, and what time do you have to vacate on the monday? If the last show is 10am, it's pretty late right?

any help will be gratefully received :)))

On 1/14/2019 at 3:47 PM, doobie ninja said:

Yeah, its City Beach Hostel i'm interested in which as you said is 2.5km away. i copied the address into google maps and it said its a 4km walk to the fortress?!? ....which i'm guessing is on a hill?! so potentially a 4km up hill walk :)  had to email them any way as when we try and book it, the site crashes :(

@Noeliam will do! thanks! hope you're well by the way ;) 

Don't worry about the hill, Novi Sad is as flat as it gets, you'll have to go up the hill only last 100 meters after you cross that bridge. Checked the map, google map doesn't give you the best walking tour. You literally walk only next to the Danube until you get to the bridge, I think google maps doesn't know you can walk behind the hostel :lol: Should be like this

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/45.2360796,19.8422983/45.2549271,19.8599735/@45.2409888,19.849257,14.27z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e3

1 hour ago, Dazrigby88 said:

Hi people,

I'm pretty much sure I'm going to Exit this year.. Just a few questions:

What are the prices like for drinks in the arena? And do they have a good selection? At Rock Werchter they just had beer and wine - shite!!!

Also, what is the deal with the camp site? Can you take your own alcohol, and what time do you have to vacate on the monday? If the last show is 10am, it's pretty late right?

any help will be gratefully received :)))

In 2018 they had several Heineken beers, don't know which wine, Somersby, Smirnoff ice and Jack Daniels. I only buy beer, it's 2€ for their draft one and a bit more for the can. Both are 0.5 liters, that's 0.88 pints says google :D

You can take alcohol to the camp without any limits, it just shouldn't be in glass so just put strong stuff in plastic bottles. Camp is usually open until 4-6pm. Sometimes it's even open until tuesday

1 hour ago, Dazrigby88 said:

also, how do you get from the camp site to the festival? 2.5km is a bit of a walk!! Haha 

And are there smaller stages playing electronic music like techno etc late into the night? Sorry for all the questions! ahaha

Every stage runs until morning. I'm not joking :D For techno you'll have big Dance Arena and smaller No Sleep Novi Sad that looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ZLJt3oIFE (random video I found)

Walking from the camp to the festival is interesting cause you're walking next to the river with 100s of people from the camp. It's a part of a festival from me. If you don't like that you can take the shuttle bus from the camp but that one goes every 30 minutes, also there're city buses that go to the fortress 

Edited by Nicklord
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Don't worry about the hill, Novi Sad is as flat as it gets, you'll have to go up the hill only last 100 meters after you cross that bridge. Checked the map, google map doesn't give you the best walking tour. You literally walk only next to the Danube until you get to the bridge, I think google maps doesn't know you can walk behind the hostel :lol: Should be like this

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/45.2360796,19.8422983/45.2549271,19.8599735/@45.2409888,19.849257,14.27z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e3

In 2018 they had several Heineken beers, don't know which wine, Somersby, Smirnoff ice and Jack Daniels. I only buy beer, it's 2€ for their draft one and a bit more for the can. Both are 0.5 liters, that's 0.88 pints says google :D

You can take alcohol to the camp without any limits, it just shouldn't be in glass so just put strong stuff in plastic bottles. Camp is usually open until 4-6pm. Sometimes it's even open until tuesday

Every stage runs until morning. I'm not joking :D For techno you'll have big Dance Arena and smaller No Sleep Novi Sad that looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ZLJt3oIFE (random video I found)

Walking from the camp to the festival is interesting cause you're walking next to the river with 100s of people from the camp. It's a part of a festival from me. If you don't like that you can take the shuttle bus from the camp but that one goes every 30 minutes, also there're city buses that go to the fortress 

thanks a lot buddy!! Sounds sickkk - I'm in! Travelling alone, so I hope there are plenty friendly drunken bastards like me ahaha And lots of Serbian hotties ;) lol

You got it right for Peggy Gou it seems :D

Nice one, half new stuff, half repetitions from last few years but mostly good stuff. Dax J is gonna destroy the arena, can't wait to hear that on that sound system and visuals 

EDIT:

Oh, maybe you didn't :D But I hope that's the closing act in the morning. There's a poster there with day splits. A lot of stuff left to be announced it seems but already better than 2018 and 17

https://www.exitfest.org/

EDIT2:

There's gonna be a b2b on saturday that will make people "swarm" the arena. I guess Beyer-Cirez D?

Edited by Nicklord
  • Upvote 1

On 1/17/2019 at 5:56 PM, Dazrigby88 said:

And are there smaller stages playing electronic music like techno etc late into the night? Sorry for all the questions! ahah

In addition to what Nicklord just said, Dance Arena and No Sleep Novi Sad stage will finish their program at 8am.
Starting from 8am official After party starts near the Dance Arena (8am - 2pm) at Bastion stage.
So if you are late night/early morning/early afternoon party animal, you are at the right place :D

(Closing time for all other stages at the festival: 6am )

19 minutes ago, doobie ninja said:

Is there any Drum & Bass at Exit??

Yeah. There's one small stage with smaller dnb names (usually from exYu) and on main stage after the headliners finish there's stuff like Noisia, Delta Heavy, Black Sun Empire...

Edited by Nicklord

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed acts:
SKEPTA (Main stage, Day 4)
Desiigner (Main stage, Day 4)
IAMDDB (Main stage, Day 4)

Cake beats stage (hip hop / trap) & Fusion stage:

BAD COPY - HAZZE - HIGH5 - KRANKŠVESTER - KREŠO BENGALKA - SAJSI MC - VOJKO V

ATLAS EROTIKA BEKFLEŠ BUNTAI - CAKE BOYS - ELON - FAM - I.N.D.I.G.O. - IRIE SCRATCH & SHORTY P - KLINAC - VATRA

30ZONA - DJ LAKI & DJ ROKAM - DJ LUKA BRASI - BAJKO FELIX - IN DA KLUB - LIL YUNG. - NEW WAVE - PALACE - PLYZ - TRAPLES - TREPAJ IL KREPAJ - VASKE - YUNG ROSH - ZIMSKI