Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nicklord

Exit 2019

Recommended Posts

Exit festival in Serbia going into it 20th edition. After 15 years of brilliance they are kinda lagging behind with the rest of a festivals but electric music and small punk/rock/metal bands are still amazing year to year. This year's edition is going to take place on the 4-7th july. It gets awards regularly and I fully agree with them cause the atmosphere is amazing and the setting in the old castle with small stages everywhere is stunning.

Tickets going on sale this week with the first headliner announcement which I think is The Cure. 

"HOLD TIGHT! ☝️☝️☝️
On Tuesday we announce THE MAJOR HEADLINER for EXIT 2019! 📢
Stay with us from 11am CET as one of the greatest alter-rock bands of all time is set to play Serbia for the first time ever!"😎"

https://www.facebook.com/exit.festival/

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Exit festival in Serbia going into it 20th edition. After 15 years of brilliance they are kinda lagging behind with the rest of a festivals but electric music and small punk/rock/metal bands are still amazing year to year. This year's edition is going to take place on the 4-7th july. It gets awards regularly and I fully agree with them cause the atmosphere is amazing and the setting in the old castle with small stages everywhere is stunning.

Tickets going on sale this week with the first headliner announcement which I think is The Cure. 

"HOLD TIGHT! ☝️☝️☝️
On Tuesday we announce THE MAJOR HEADLINER for EXIT 2019! 📢
Stay with us from 11am CET as one of the greatest alter-rock bands of all time is set to play Serbia for the first time ever!"😎"

https://www.facebook.com/exit.festival/

The Cure ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's my guess based on the fact that they're the only older alt rock band that tours in 2019 that never played in Serbia :D

 

Edited by Nicklord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Pink is announcing dates in Tuesday

Ah yes the famous Alt rocker Pink. ;) hopefully smashing pumpkins. Really hoping they come over for the Euro summer festival tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to see it being anybody else than The Cure, but Exit does tend to announce some random unexpected acts instead of speculated ones, so i guess we will have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh. Forgot to say in the opening post. They sent me an sms and an email last week about ticket sales starting and that they'll announce a big headliner for 2019 on tuesday BUT also they said this year they're going to announce the lineup sooner than ever before. They must be feeling confident about this year (or they gonna announce as soon as they get someone like Inmusic lol)

Edited by Nicklord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna spam some more. It's The Cure now 99%. There's a little interview from the organizers. They said it's an old band they wanted from the start, that rules the alt rock scene for decades, this is maybe even their last festival circuit so they decided to play some new places (The Cure playing is playing in Greece for the first time too), they agreed to play for way less money than the usual fee

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mr. brightside said:

All seems correct except the fact that Cure already played twice here in Greece, once in 1985 and once again at 2005. 

My bad then, had a quick look at the map on setlist.fm at the Balkans and saw Hungary and Slovenia only :lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nicklord said:

I'm gonna spam some more. It's The Cure now 99%. There's a little interview from the organizers. They said it's an old band they wanted from the start, that rules the alt rock scene for decades, this is maybe even their last festival circuit so they decided to play some new places (The Cure playing is playing in Greece for the first time too), they agreed to play for way less money than the usual fee

There's a rumor they will be in Romania during this tour so it seems plausible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, neacaisa said:

There's a rumor they will be in Romania during this tour so it seems plausible. 

At the press conference today they explicitly said The Cure's management contacted them (after years of Exit contacting/begging :lol: them) and said they're open about playing for less cause the band wanted to play some new places this summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With The Cure confirmed, am tempted to make this my Glastonbury substitute. Have wanted to got for years, though my wife may not be super-enamoured by all the dance music on offer! I read there are 20 stages, is there plenty of other stuff to see/do? And is it all super-late nights into the early morning?

Edited by Homer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Homer said:

With The Cure confirmed, am tempted to make this my Glastonbury substitute. Have wanted to got for years, though my wife may not be super-enamoured by all the dance music on offer! I read there are 20 stages, is there plenty of other stuff to see/do? And is it all super-late nights into the early morning?

It's not really early morning it's morning :lol: It's open 7pm-8am. With headliners at main stage around 11pm-1am. Headliners at smaller stages 1-3am and dance headliners from 5am till the end (with Sunday going to 9-10am on monday depending on a year)

But trust me. It's not cause we're all party animals here it's cause it's impossible to go into the sun so the city gets busy around 5pm. Shops and bars and everything else is running until at least midnight so don't worry about that

 

Stuff to do. Well I don't know, there's a lation stage where you can learn to dance, a karaoke stage, a silent disco, a cinema stage and an observatory which I've never been to. Sponsors have some stalls in the chill zone and they always offer games, like VR stuff and things like that. Also during that whole week there are happenings in the city, free concerts in the city center on tuesday and wednesday and stuff like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 12:42 PM, Nicklord said:

It's not really early morning it's morning :lol: It's open 7pm-8am. With headliners at main stage around 11pm-1am. Headliners at smaller stages 1-3am and dance headliners from 5am till the end (with Sunday going to 9-10am on monday depending on a year)

But trust me. It's not cause we're all party animals here it's cause it's impossible to go into the sun so the city gets busy around 5pm. Shops and bars and everything else is running until at least midnight so don't worry about that

 

Stuff to do. Well I don't know, there's a lation stage where you can learn to dance, a karaoke stage, a silent disco, a cinema stage and an observatory which I've never been to. Sponsors have some stalls in the chill zone and they always offer games, like VR stuff and things like that. Also during that whole week there are happenings in the city, free concerts in the city center on tuesday and wednesday and stuff like that



Thanks for all the info!

Yeah ta, I've been to quite a few European fests, so am familiar with the hours generally! Just trying to work out if my wife will go for the super late nights.

How hot does it get then? I thought I read average temps were around 30 then. 

Would you recommended travelling over then? Are there good enough non-dance bands to watch on the smaller stages? Other general stuff sounds good.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Homer said:



Thanks for all the info!

Yeah ta, I've been to quite a few European fests, so am familiar with the hours generally! Just trying to work out if my wife will go for the super late nights.

How hot does it get then? I thought I read average temps were around 30 then. 

Would you recommended travelling over then? Are there good enough non-dance bands to watch on the smaller stages? Other general stuff sounds good.
 

This year it was really nice during the day. Was like 25-30 degrees but usually it's 32-37 so really hot but good thing is that Novi Sad is full of trees and it's "open" so air circulates and it's not humid in the afternoon and night. If you come you're going to sleep during the day so the heat won't be a problem really :lol:

 

I would recommend it. I'm going for more than 10 years now and I always wondered why Exit gets awards when lineups in Europe are waaay better and then I started to work and I went to Novarock, Rock im Park, Sziget, Werchter, Inmusic and Sziget in the last several years and realized it's the atmosphere. Sziget is probably the closest thing in terms of it but even there you have way too many kids who can't handle the booze and the drugs. Also it's organized really well. Like you won't wait to get drinks for more than 2 minutes and you can always walk around the stages. Only time it gets a bit crowded is when a headliner finishes and people go to the other stages but even then everyone is moving 

 

This was on alternative and metal/hardcore stage in 2018 for example. That fusion stage is 50/50 international alt acts and regional. There's also a reggae stage, stage for newcomers, drum n bass stage... You probably checked the main stage of last years so you probably realized there're no rules on who can be booked there. A few years ago it was Motorhead/Tom Odell combo :lol:

exit-festival-explosive-stage-2018.jpg

fusion_bina-681x471.png

 

Edited by Nicklord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

How do you know? Can't see anywhere

Just got some info from the guy from Exit festival, a bit confusing because there is no information on social networking websites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×