Glastonbury with a 3 month old?!

Jennarae

I can't see it being done without a trolley kitted out.  If you decide to do that  then I would recommend some stamina building training runs over rough ground.

It's pretty hard work with a trolley especially if it is muddy so have a go first. It's amazing how even something like a rough handle can blister up your hand over the days.

Edited by Gedh

On 10/14/2018 at 7:47 PM, Jennarae said:

Thank you this is all amazing advice. The Kidz field sounds like a dream! I’m excited to see areas of the festival I’ve never seen before! 

I've always taken my three kids from babies to now teenagers, never had any issues apart from the obvious muddy years. Three wheeler prams are great for kiddies up to about 5 years, make sure you get one with a cup holder though!

The first time I ventured into the kids field I stumbled into a very loud group drumming area which I joined for about 5 hours, and that was before I even had kids!

• 3 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:49 AM, Jarr said:

That’s just irresponsible at that age. 

Do you want to give your reasons rather than a sweeping statement without any context

The lady hersef has said she is a doctor and has had plenty of great advice saying its do-able . Irresponsible is a tough word to use, and surely need a little bit of context to give the other side of the discussion

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Do you want to give your reasons rather than a sweeping statement without any context

The lady hersef has said she is a doctor and has had plenty of great advice saying its do-able . Irresponsible is a tough word to use, and surely need a little bit of context to give the other side of the discussion

Well said! I can't believe how judgemental some people are, why bother posting such  a negative remark! 

Just now, StoneCircle said:

Off topic - my apologies! I am intrigued by your bio @crazyfool1 - why 2019 thanks to efests? Was the competition early this year?

or more specifically a member on here who got the tickets when I joined their coalition ticket group ... I had no luck myself not a sniff 

1 minute ago, StoneCircle said:

I never saw a page in October, luckily I belong to a ticket group too! 

I would be ticketless if it wasn't for 18plus strangers ... and up to this point had a pretty good success rate .. so I'm glad I put into place a backup plan ... might be able to help some of those on the resale thread now to repay the Efest ticket gods 

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2018 at 11:20 AM, Jennarae said:

Hi!

Ive been lucky enough to get Glastonbury tickets this year but am due to have my baby in March. Has anyone ever been to Glastonbury with a baby this young (he will be 3 months)?! He will be my first child so I’m possibly slightly naive to the effort that will be required! We will be taking him regardless but any tips / advice / things you wish you’d have known will be much appreciated! There is a huge group of us going, including my partner, parents, brother and good friends, so we will have a lot of support!

i met a woman in 2005 I think, she had gone in to labor on Thursday (guessing at days here ) gone to hospital had the baby. I met her on Saturday or Sunday at the pyramid stage. I just commented how small her baby was and had a chat . I was amazed

she did it and had a smile on her face

on another note if you are coming in the usual way i;e not a camper van. make yourself known to the stewards. they will tell you to go straight to the gate rather than queuing. last year my friend had his three year old daughter. they spotted him struggling and took him to the front of the queue

Edited by shuttlep

• 7 months later...

I’m pregnant and baby will be 3m next year (Glasto 2020), we are desperate to get tickets as failed every year for last 5/6 and would love to go with the little one in a sling, as it seems much more practical than a toddler with tantrums...! Any tips on guaranteeing tickets welcome?! Thanks for positive comments makes me feel good about decision to go

14 hours ago, Lb82 said:

I’m pregnant and baby will be 3m next year (Glasto 2020), we are desperate to get tickets as failed every year for last 5/6 and would love to go with the little one in a sling, as it seems much more practical than a toddler with tantrums...! Any tips on guaranteeing tickets welcome?! Thanks for positive comments makes me feel good about decision to go

Sadly there are no tips to guarantee tickets.

It comes down to luck and nothing more really!

• 1 year later...

Hi all, so we’ve just had our 12-week scan and everything seems positive ready for an arrival in November.

We have tickets for next year’s festival and are still keen to go. There are very willing grandparents on standby but we’re not sure about spending a weekend away from a 7-month-old. Had a read through this thread and it seems tough but doable/different to do Glastonbury with a baby. Any further tips or advice would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Hi all, so we’ve just had our 12-week scan and everything seems positive ready for an arrival in November.

We have tickets for next year’s festival and are still keen to go. There are very willing grandparents on standby but we’re not sure about spending a weekend away from a 7-month-old. Had a read through this thread and it seems tough but doable/different to do Glastonbury with a baby. Any further tips or advice would be appreciated.

I'll take your tickets. The littlest Blutarsky will be approaching 2 by June 2022 so much more confident about leaving her at home. She's 7 months now and we're only just starting to think about leaving her with grandparents for 3-4 hours. No way Mrs B would even consider leaving her for the weekend at the moment, but everyone's different. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2021 at 9:28 AM, eFestivals said:

Congrats and good luck doing glasto with a little one i did it with a three month old once we had grannie on standby for emergency collection and babysitting which was a great fallback in a very wet year it felt like a abuse when our little monster wasn't able to have a crawl. 

Thanks! Yeah, I think we'll play it by ear and decide much closer to the time, especially when we have more of an idea with that the weather might be doing. We're based 4hrs away in Kent, so emergency collection may prove difficult. Hoping the granparents will be willing to take her for the whole 5 days to be honest.

2 hours ago, broken monkey said:

Thanks! Yeah, I think we'll play it by ear and decide much closer to the time, especially when we have more of an idea with that the weather might be doing. We're based 4hrs away in Kent, so emergency collection may prove difficult. Hoping the granparents will be willing to take her for the whole 5 days to be honest.

We were lucky with the grannie support but then it was strange not having a child to look after