Noisily Festival - anyone been?

bexj

On 10/14/2018 at 9:13 AM, bexj said:

Anyone got any info aboit Noisily, in Leicestershire? Whats it like? What sort of crowd? Vibe? Music? 

Thanks

Hello stumbled across this by chance. I went in 2017. Very small festival in a nice wooded location in the middle of nowhere. When I went there was 4 stages playing a mix of more psychedelic sounding techno, trance and DnB. Music lasted well into the early hours. With some stunning set design and art pieces dotted instillation dotted about - free shot on arrival, can’t argue with this.

great vibe there largely due to the type of people it attracts who tend to be very laid back and on lots of acid. If you’re in to that...

nice chill out spots next to camping with fire, chill out tipee with trained with medics. Yoga and talks during the day. 

All the usual facilities you’d except which is surprising for a small festival.

not a lot of security.

sort of place you’d come back from wearing a tie dye tee shirt and have spouted a few dreads. But hey, I’m not against it.

I absolutely loved Noisily and can't speak highly enough of it, to anyone who'll listen.

The location, the people, the techno, the rigs and production, the secluded forest with no apparent noise limits - everything about it was top notch. 

I'm not usually one to buy early bird tickets as I don't like mapping out the next year of my life but I given how small Noisily is, I had to secure my place for next year.  It's a shame it's still so far away!  The event of the summer, for me.

• 8 months later...

So then...  did anyone else here go to Noisily this year?

It was so good I'm not quite over it - beautiful, spiritual, stomping and loud.

I remember @kalifire was going I think but I'm surprised no one else is chatting about it here even though it is a small festival.

53 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Not me, squire. It sounds brilliant, though.

LOL ah ok... maybe those memory cells were left in the field!

@Sku ?

Edited by stuie

15 hours ago, stuie said:

LOL ah ok... maybe those memory cells were left in the field!

@Sku ?

Yeah, it was great, I loved it. Perfect size, a crowd who are totally up for it, an infectiously happy atmosphere. I enjoyed every moment we spent in the woods. Even when we just sat down on the floor between the stages to chill out for a moment, the place oozed with atmosphere and magic.

Also was blown away by the amount of cabaret entertainment near the Noisily stage, and walkabout performers, which isn't really what I expected at such a small festival. The level of production was much higher than I had imagined, and it always felt like there was loads going on at all times of the day. 

Already signed up to the early bird mailing list for tickets next year.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sku said:

Yeah, it was great, I loved it. Perfect size, a crowd who are totally up for it, an infectiously happy atmosphere. I enjoyed every moment we spent in the woods. Even when we just sat down on the floor between the stages to chill out for a moment, the place oozed with atmosphere and magic.

Also was blown away by the amount of cabaret entertainment near the Noisily stage, and walkabout performers, which isn't really what I expected at such a small festival. The level of production was much higher than I had imagined, and it always felt like there was loads going on at all times of the day. 

Already signed up to the early bird mailing list for tickets next year.

Yeah, we'll be back again next year.  Loved it last year but this year it really got into me.  My big 4-0 falls on the Friday of next years festival and I can't think of a better way to spend it.

Sounds a bit corny but I've never experienced the feeling of connection and togetherness that I felt at the Noisily stage at any other stage of any other festival, particularly on the Sunday finale.

Truly beautiful.

• Upvote 1