Going off site

Jay89

On 11/9/2018 at 9:19 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

If you have to leave the site, and I would never do that, it’s better to head to Shepton Mallet.  Big Tesco there.  But it Glastonbury, it’s worth that bit extra cash to experienced the event.  Fat too much time wasted leaving and returning to the site

I get the first bus to Tesco every morning after a long stint on the long drops and fill a cool bag (ordered on click and collect) full of tins of cider and a few bags of ice. Back onsite by 11. Not about saving money so much as not having to keep trekking up and down from the bar all day. 

In fairness I am also a miser.

13 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

I get the first bus to Tesco every morning after a long stint on the long drops and fill a cool bag (ordered on click and collect) full of tins of cider and a few bags of ice. Back onsite by 11. Not about saving money so much as not having to keep trekking up and down from the bar all day. 

Impressed with the effort- but this is _less_ hassle than trekking to the bar?? Do you carry the whole bag of cans around all day too?

It only takes an hour and I like the chance to get the head showered. It's normally me and the missus and we like a drink so you wouldn't be long going through a couple of hundred quid every day. Between the toilet runs and bar runs you hardly see eachother either  The bag is heavy first while but we find a spot early on and make decent dent in it. Normally camp up by john peel so it's not far to the bus station.

51 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

It only takes an hour and I like the chance to get the head showered. It's normally me and the missus and we like a drink so you wouldn't be long going through a couple of hundred quid every day. Between the toilet runs and bar runs you hardly see eachother either  The bag is heavy first while but we find a spot early on and make decent dent in it. Normally camp up by john peel so it's not far to the bus station.

I love a cold beer as much as the next man, I take a cool box filled with beer and frozen water bottles. Manages to keep the beer cold until Sunday.

I do come by car and realise that if you are on a coach it's not practical.

Getting it from the car to the tent is a bind but worth it!

We live in Belfast and fly to Bristol so it's a pain in the arse in general. Loads of freezing cold cider at hand and it stays like that through til late evening. Have tried other approaches like drinking warm tins or just hitting bars flat out but trailing the cool bag round is the ticket. Apart from being told repeatedly that the bag is leaking once the ice melts.