Going off site

Jay89

5 hours ago, Becks12 said:

Well I'm driving this year so maybe I can make room for said cheeseboard....

It's one of the reasons I love taking the campervan!

"Cheese! We'll go somewhere where there's cheese!"

On 11/6/2018 at 2:47 PM, stuwilky said:

Ive always wanted to do a baked camembert at a festival (for no logical reason I can think of!)

There's always a logical reason to bake a Camembert at a festival, perfect for breakfast with crispy bacon and eggs and a warmed up crusty french bread.

1 hour ago, Cooter said:

There's always a logical reason to bake a Camembert at a festival, perfect for breakfast with crispy bacon and eggs and a warmed up crusty french bread.

I don't know why but this is very very funny...

and btw, there needs to be a separate Cheese thread... That bloke that was considering 'going off site' was bullied out of it pages ago..

29 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Lass... apologies (it wouldn't have taken much to check would it..?) and clearly not one to be bullied into staying on site..

(pick me up some camembert if you are popping into Shepton... )

Not happening! I found out more of the people I know are going too, in cars as it happens, so they’ll sort me out for drinks :) I might sneak some cheeky Camembert for you too!

Topic closed!

2 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Not happening! I found out more of the people I know are going too, in cars as it happens, so they’ll sort me out for drinks :) I might sneak some cheeky Camembert for you too!

Topic closed!

Topic changes to cheese and port party Tuesday evening cv fields :-)

Glas you've sorted out your drink situation

• Upvote 1

On 11/8/2018 at 8:59 AM, stuwilky said:

Oh God.  Why didnt I think of that?!

All washed down with some chilled bucks fizz, followed shortly after by 8 cans of export, a box of Westons cider and a litre of red wine , and that's just the Tuesday morning, we know how to live in the campervan fields!!!

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Mmmmmm cheese.  But going by coach so that ain't happening.  But Bearded Theory, going by campervan so yes, inspired idea.  And port in a hipflask - yes, yes, yes!  Especially if a little chilly!

If you're going to the efests meet I'll bring cheese. :)

7 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Mmmmmm cheese.  But going by coach so that ain't happening.  But Bearded Theory, going by campervan so yes, inspired idea.  And port in a hipflask - yes, yes, yes!  Especially if a little chilly!

Bearded Theory has Cheezy Vinyl to satiate your cheese needs also.. I must try harder to book a table next year..

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Bearded Theory has Cheezy Vinyl to satiate your cheese needs also.. I must try harder to book a table next year..

We went this year, was possibly the highlight of the festival! And it was a great festival.

Wasn't that hard to book a table, we just popped in on the way to Pallet and booked for later that eve. 

11 hours ago, H.M.V said:

If you're going to the efests meet I'll bring cheese. :)

Fanatastic!

6 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

We went along this year not realising you had to book so missed out.  It just seems wrong to book anything at a festival, I don't want to be tied down to being in a certain place at a certain time - I never know where I might be!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Fanatastic!

We went along this year not realising you had to book so missed out.  It just seems wrong to book anything at a festival, I don't want to be tied down to being in a certain place at a certain time - I never know where I might be!

Man (or woman) has gotta stop for food... get there early doors. Its cheese.!

Cheese yes but more importantly toast.  Marmalade on toast, cheese on toast, beans on toast  or just toast, beats bread and butter any day. One of these https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/toaster-folding-4-slice-p152190?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkOKeiejP3gIV7rvtCh34Tga2EAQYASABEgJsjfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds will be the best couple of quid you spend.  Folds flat to the size of a dinner plate, weighs virtually nothing and just sits on top of your gas stove.

All that said, there's so much to see and do at Glastonbury that I wouldn't want to go off site.  Have a decent breakfast, toast and and coffee and coffee or hot chocolate at night and the rest of the food you can get on site at reasonable prices, particularly in the Green Fields or the Hare Krishna tent.

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2018 at 7:44 AM, Jay89 said:

First thing first, hi, I’m a newbie here and it’ll be my first Glasto next year!

Ive read somewhere there’s a shuttle bus that will take you to and from town if you wanna stock up on your food/drink. Is that true? And if so, does it run on Wednesday and Thursday?

Would be ideal for me, as I’m traveling with national express and I’ve got very little hope for being able to bring plenty of drink and soft drinks to last me for a while. 

Thanks.

Jay.

have you thought about seeing anyone who may be driving down lives near you would consider taking a bag for you in their car? you could meet up with them and get it out of the car. give them some money for petrol. there are plenty of friendly folk around here

• 2 weeks later...

If you're genuinely skint I recommend the Hare Krishna tent that does free meals.   I've not used it for a few years but when I have it's been alright.   My wife ate all her meals there in 95 when she had no money.

It's not amazing quality but it's free so no complaints from me.