Show Down at Glastonbury 1992

McCor

Thanks so much for sharing this, I just watched it all. Have a lot of sympathy for those whose property and animals were harmed during previous festivals, such a shame that people can't just behave reasonably. 

Thank goodness Eavis managed to get the situation under control, else we probably wouldn't have a festival to enjoy today.

Really fascinating. Anyone know more about the Wootton couple? Just find it interesting that they live in North Wootton and their name is Wootton....are they artistocracy or something?

2 hours ago, Skoo said:

Anyone know more about the Wootton couple? Just find it interesting that they live in North Wootton and their name is Wootton....are they artistocracy or something?

I found them especially obnoxious. At least Goode had a sense of religious obligation (although it was essentially a case of moral superiority). The Woottons just didn’t want to share their surroundings. They were quite happy to chortle over afternoon tea about it, like it didn’t actually bother them much at all. And that one skulking around the site with a camcorder trying to get “evidence”. Fuck outta here. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Skoo said:

I had a real soft spot for the two older gents, the brothers who barricade themselves in and lost a lot of sheep one year. I don't know if they'd ever left Pilton in their entire lives the way they were talking. 

I didn't see a sister so I'm guessing they must of gone beyond their boundary at some point. 

Maybe not, they're sheep farmers ?

7 hours ago, Skoo said:

I had a real soft spot for the two older gents, the brothers who barricade themselves in and lost a lot of sheep one year. I don't know if they'd ever left Pilton in their entire lives the way they were talking. 

Yeah the Williams brothers, they were adorable. Loved how warm the handlebars one was with Michael at the end. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2018 at 10:04 AM, Wooderson said:

Anne died in 2004. Has been discussed on this forum before. Her daughter has been profiting from their proximity to the festival for years. Super documentary. 

To be fair she also looks after children of lots of "names" during the festival also.