Things to do other than the music

RarerThanDandyB

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

He was definately better in May. Maybe because last time I saw him at the big G, they had a sound problem so only did half of the set. His ad libbling really impresses me! I love the story behind the song. My fave is cheap watch, closely followed by plastic fox. I love the ‘festival bands’ more than the big popular ones. 

You saw him in the Cabaret tent didn't you? At least I remember seeing you in that tent around the same time he was on.

I'm a Sweet Leaf The North man myself. Love that tune.

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

He was definately better in May. Maybe because last time I saw him at the big G, they had a sound problem so only did half of the set. His ad libbling really impresses me! I love the story behind the song. My fave is cheap watch, closely followed by plastic fox. I love the ‘festival bands’ more than the big popular ones. 

Me too - to the extent I'm half hoping there's not too much announced that I'm interested in on the big stages!  When I saw him at Glasto,  there was no sound problem and I was pretty close to the front so I really enjoyed it - but BT and local gig more!

But you know what it's like when you've recommended someone, at the back of your mind you wonder if you've made a mistake. But both my local friend and BT friend loved him too!

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You saw him in the Cabaret tent didn't you? At least I remember seeing you in that tent around the same time he was on.

I did, but I saw him at the riser stage prior to this, on Thursday before the NFR meet. I also love that tune... in fact, I just love them all! 

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Me too - to the extent I'm half hoping there's not too much announced that I'm interested in on the big stages!  When I saw him at Glasto,  there was no sound problem and I was pretty close to the front so I really enjoyed it - but BT and local gig more!

But you know what it's like when you've recommended someone, at the back of your mind you wonder if you've made a mistake. But both my local friend and BT friend loved him too!

I know what you mean!! I’m constantly raving about beans on toast at work, no one ‘gets it’ when I’m singing his songs haha! 

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I still haven't seen the NY Brass Band.  Except for one lone trombonist playing along to Message to You Rudy in a random bar.  Which was great!

Did you know they’re not the ‘New york’ brass band, but the new ‘york’ brass band. Blew my mind! 

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't know which I love more, the song or the fact that the anecdote behind it can stretch it out to a good 10 minutes.

10 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Did you know they’re not the ‘New york’ brass band, but the new ‘york’ brass band. Blew my mind! 

Mind. Blown.

12 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Another fan of the New York Brass Band here. Love how they get amongst the crowd. A definite festival favourite!

We followed them around Shangrila for a bit was brilliant... until the stewards stopped us....

Edited by Havors
  • Upvote 1

On 10/14/2018 at 2:45 PM, Beerqueen said:

I think I've only ever seen Jonathan Kay in there.  What else goes on there?

There's a full programme of comedy, dance, magic, and best of all the daily round of Stephen Frost's Comedy Allstars (which is basically live Who's Line Is It Anyway, and usually features Phill Jupitus)

On 10/15/2018 at 11:44 PM, semmtexx said:

Another fan of the New York Brass Band here. Love how they get amongst the crowd. A definite festival favourite!

Lost count how many times I've seen them! I try to see them once a day at Glastonbury and they're always a brilliant laugh.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 9:27 AM, RichardWaller said:

Might see what the Healing Field has to offer this time, meself. I've passed through and around every time I've been but never got involved. I'm quite a cynical person so maybe it'll do me good.

Healing fields are a great stop off if you have lugged a heavy load. Have a massage in the massage yurt, pay what you want as a donation. I go every year to give my back a treat.

23 hours ago, Gedh said:

Healing fields are a great stop off if you have lugged a heavy load. Have a massage in the massage yurt, pay what you want as a donation. I go every year to give my back a treat.

Never had a massage in my life actually. Just doing a little google image search of the area, find it quite beautiful and tranquil down there. Love that you've got an area like that in the same festival as Shangri-La.