Things to do other than the music

RarerThanDandyB

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Sure, but I'm coming in a caravan this time so can probably carry more than you. :P BRING. IT. ON! 

In the face of such overwhelming firepower I’ll have to wage small scale guerilla warfare. 

Guerilled tomato’s, if you will. 

Partly that’s what weds and Thursday are for - wandering around seeing the different areas, exploring the smaller bits and seeing what else the site has to offer apart from the main stages. But over 5 days there is plenty to do! 

Theatre and circus and Cabernet, and all the walk about stuff, art,  Green and craft fields, skateboarding, silent disco, cinemas, food, fireworks, choirs, join in singing and music, disco at Williams Green, SE corner, Arcadia, Ribbon Tower, finding the hidden dragon, stone circle, salsa, yoga, massage, cocktails, talks, basically loads of stuff - plus obviously 100 stages of music!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I've always wanted to do the tomatino thing but the thoughts of wandering around with tomato reeking off me turned me off. If it's there this time I'm going for it cos we'll have the caravan. 

Tomato thing is pretty funny. I had no clue they did this and walked into the temple one year just as it was all kicking off. Certainly gets the adrenaline going although a felt a bit sorry for this one guy in the middle with a pink wig and silver hot pants who become the focal point for a lot of the tomatoes being hurled! 

I was up on the rafters of the temple but still took a few hits from the flying fruits. 

2 hours ago, rubenz said:

Tomato thing is pretty funny. I had no clue they did this and walked into the temple one year just as it was all kicking off. Certainly gets the adrenaline going although a felt a bit sorry for this one guy in the middle with a pink wig and silver hot pants who become the focal point for a lot of the tomatoes being hurled! 

I was up on the rafters of the temple but still took a few hits from the flying fruits. 

If you want to chuck tomatos at @H.M.V head towards the swearing. She’s the one with the pink hair and a Yeti. 

4 hours ago, sedra said:

Partly that’s what weds and Thursday are for - wandering around seeing the different areas, exploring the smaller bits and seeing what else the site has to offer apart from the main stages. But over 5 days there is plenty to do! 

Theatre and circus and Cabernet, and all the walk about stuff, art,  Green and craft fields, skateboarding, silent disco, cinemas, food, fireworks, choirs, join in singing and music, disco at Williams Green, SE corner, Arcadia, Ribbon Tower, finding the hidden dragon, stone circle, salsa, yoga, massage, cocktails, talks, basically loads of stuff - plus obviously 100 stages of music!!

Everything's better with wine.

48 minutes ago, Quark said:

Speakers Forum. Went to see Ruby Wax last year

Did she wax well?

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

If you want to chuck tomatos at @H.M.V head towards the swearing. She’s the one with the pink hair and a Yeti. 

Soz dudage, it's currently blue and due a change. :D Tomato meet at the Ridge and Furrow! Kick off 5pm! See ya, wouldn't want to be ya! 

42 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

Fall over. I can't recommend doing this enough. Yeah you feel silly the first time but think of it as natures way of saying you've probably had enough for now

I disagree.

See avatar.

Running and minimal spangledness is the new spangled (for me).

Bimbling around the site in various states of brokenness and finding random stuff that May/May not be amusing if you weren't in a state is what Glasto is about.

Good headliners are just the icing on the cake. 

I like to spend time in the Green Futures fields on Wed/Thurs, then find myself retreating back to them if it’s all getting a bit much the rest of the time. The Poetry and Words tent is a lovely way to spend an hour or two on a Sunday afternoon. The comedy tent is a great place to take a nap. 

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I like to spend time in the Green Futures fields on Wed/Thurs, then find myself retreating back to them if it’s all getting a bit much the rest of the time. The Poetry and Words tent is a lovely way to spend an hour or two on a Sunday afternoon. The comedy tent is a great place to take a nap. 

Kalifire becomes the material for all comedians in the comedy tent napping and oblivious to the mocking and ridicule. 

And correct me if I'm wrong but there is no 'comedy' tent but there is a rather marvellous cabaret tent which you would be mad to fall asleep in. :P

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

And correct me if I'm wrong but there is no 'comedy' tent but there is a rather marvellous cabaret tent which you would be mad to fall asleep in. :P

Yeah, that’s the one. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great but it’s so spacious it’s basically crying out for people to spread out and doze. Whenever I’ve visited (usually in the early afternoon, Sunday), that’s what a good third of people have been doing. Has a lovely feel to it. 

Edited by kalifire

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Yeah, that’s the one. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great but it’s so spacious it’s basically crying out for people to spread out and doze. Whenever I’ve visited (usually in the early afternoon, Sunday), that’s what a good third of people have been doing. Has a lovely feel to it. 

It's a cracker. One of my favourite places, if something is shit it wont be long til something good will replace it. :D 

Go nude! Spend some time up in the Lost Horizons sauna area clothed just by the sun. It's a magical, freeing feeling!

Also as others have said, the T&C field, Green Futures, Williams Green, the cinemas (I always catch a late night film or two), SE Corner, food (amazing vegan food up in the Green Fields. There is SO much to do at Glastonbury!