Ticket day being a bit strange

guypjfreak

Wife just looking down glasto chat Facebook and LOTS AND LOTS of people saying that they feel like ticket day was a bit strange this year...

. With lots of people like us that have been going for 15 plus years and who are all sorted out in groups some as big as 60 plus people like us and either only one group gets through or none at all. 

This isn't a moaning post just that we have been thinking the same and as it's all over glasto chat I thought it might be a good idea to chat about it here 

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Wife just looking down glasto chat Facebook and LOTS AND LOTS of people saying that they feel like ticket day was a bit strange this year...

. With lots of people like us that have been going for 15 plus years and who are all sorted out in groups some as big as 60 plus people like us and either only one group gets through or none at all. 

This isn't a moaning post just that we have been thinking the same and as it's all over glasto chat I thought it might be a good idea to chat about it here 

we will get you in ... stay positive old son ... im feeling weird because It was thanks to strangers I got them when friends missed out ... 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

we will get you in ... stay positive old son ... im feeling weird because It was thanks to strangers I got them when friends missed out ... 

I'm really hoping to be lucky but I thought I would start this as A I and friends all who have been for a long time think it's strange and 

B it's come up on glasto years.. Which I'm not on BTW..... This place is enough Glastonbury with nutters for me... 

But basically crazy fool if you have not seen it alot of old timers on the chat think it has or had something to do with the up dating our id's.. 

All a bit conspiracy but there you go.... 

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I'm really hoping to be lucky but I thought I would start this as A I and friends all who have been for a long time think it's strange and 

B it's come up on glasto years.. Which I'm not on BTW..... This place is enough Glastonbury with nutters for me... 

But basically crazy fool if you have not seen it alot of old timers on the chat think it has or had something to do with the up dating our id's.. 

All a bit conspiracy but there you go.... 

well I updated ...and im still going .... and they couldn't do anything to stop you before the inputting of registration details ... you will be lucky there's lots of help on here 

• Upvote 1

There way definitely something different this year with how see ran the sale. . I can't quite put my finger on it, but the way the holding page worked and how unstable the booking and payments pages were. Didn't seem to be the same as in previous years, perhaps it's the switch to AWS?

the hints were there in plane sight, with warnings of:-

• Only one tab & one browser per device.
  • Redirection to a dummy holding page if refreshing too quickly.
  • The 6 minutes to complete your booking (complete with countdown timer that kept freezing).
  • Registration numbers blocked for 10 minutes on failed bookings.

Its obvious there is no queue, just multiple holding pages and if you press F5 at just the right moment, as a slot comes free on the back-end servers hosting the booking page, you are in - then you have to hope back-page and clicking proceed & buy tickets multiple times actually gets you through multiple page crashes to ticket nirvana. 

To to be honest I'd be looking at what isp's and phone providers people were using to get through.

in my case EE-4G and Virginmedia business broadband (with fixed ip-address) got through and O2--4G and Virginmedia 100mb home broadband didn't. Browser wise both times "edge" worked, chrome didn't.

Edited by Penrhos

No conspiracies. 

If anything, and I know it might sound hard to believe, but seetickets appeared to have fixed the anominies and bugs from previous years. 

Being able to book tickets, press back, and book more tickets, which is how many have managed to get such groups in was an obvious flaw in the system. 

If anything this has made if fairer. Although much unfortunate for many of us 

?

• Upvote 1

It's just down to the numbers, as many have mentioned on here they go in big groups, some dozens at a time, this is a result of smaller groups telling their mates how great glasto is and encouraging their friends to come, the newbies like it and expand the group further and tell other people. So if you're in a big group and didn't get a ticket it's partially your fault for advertising glasto to all your mates! Add in the fallow year and the good weather last time and it's easy to see the additional demand. Seetickets just want to sell tickets they don't care who to or how many times you've been or not.

Edited by gizmoman
spelling

1 hour ago, Penrhos said:

To to be honest I'd be looking at what isp's and phone providers people were using to get through.

in my case EE-4G and Virginmedia business broadband (with fixed ip-address) got through and O2--4G and Virginmedia 100mb home broadband didn't. Browser wise both times "edge" worked, chrome didn't.

interestingly, the same here. I got through using my work PC on a virgin leased line, and I also got to the 'enter details page' (but no further) on my laptop tethered to my EE phone.

My TalkTalk fibre just errored, no holding page at all.

I use Firefox

I've been going for 20 odd years and this year was different.  I think this time and in 2016 they realised us who have done the rapid refresh, back button etc and made it simpler.  What I mean is on ticket I had to think more about how I was going to use my devices rather than in previous years bear the crap out of f5.  I know loads of people (newbies) who left the page to auto refresh and got booking page.  In honesty seetickets went back to basics

10 hours ago, elbongo said:

No conspiracies. 

If anything, and I know it might sound hard to believe, but seetickets appeared to have fixed the anominies and bugs from previous years. 

Being able to book tickets, press back, and book more tickets, which is how many have managed to get such groups in was an obvious flaw in the system. 

If anything this has made if fairer. Although much unfortunate for many of us 

?

This.

In previous years if only 1 out of a group of 50 got through they could still get tickets for everyone (as long as they had time to keep going back before they sell out). It might be just as likely now that only 1 of them gets through, but they can't keep going back in for more.

Definately something different this year! No idea what but lots of people who are local and have gone rain or shine for years  didnt get tickets! Things like the good weather in 2017 and no festival last year increased the numbers! Our group of six didnt get in we all live different places and did what we normally do and didnt get a ticket! I do wonder if its all about new customers now! 

11 hours ago, elbongo said:

This is it, no?

In previous year a group of 24 (4 groups) just needed to get through once. This year they had to get through 4 times. 

Typically larger groups tend to be those that have been multiple times as it was the best strategy. So it's no surprise that closing this loophole disproportionately affected regulars. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Wife just looking down glasto chat Facebook and LOTS AND LOTS of people saying that they feel like ticket day was a bit strange this year.

I keep imagining to suddenly see +25.000 Russian wannabe festival goers at the entrance gates on Wednesday morning...?

6 minutes ago, Garrett_Salas said:

This is it, no?

In previous year a group of 24 (4 groups) just needed to get through once. This year they had to get through 4 times. 

Typically larger groups tend to be those that have been multiple times as it was the best strategy. So it's no surprise that closing this loophole disproportionately affected regulars. 

Yep. I think closing that loophole is what has changed things. If anything it made it fairer.... sadly for many.

16 minutes ago, rinzeanne said:

I keep imagining to suddenly see +25.000 Russian wannabe festival goers at the entrance gates on Wednesday morning...?

Nooooo not you as well... 

My mate who lives in Shepton and doesn't need a ticket as he works on the piss patrol reckons it's the Russian's lol.. Mind you he's a real conspiracy person lol.. 

What's AWS   . BTW 

And yea phones.... 

54 minutes ago, Garrett_Salas said:

This is it, no?

I didn't even know that worked lol.  I had press back during one book flow, but never all the way back to keep buying.

In previous sales I have had to get in the booking flow more than once to get multiple lots of tickets...

This year  I got in once.  And other people in my buying circle got through multiple times.

Edited by Peroni

3 minutes ago, Keithy said:

There is no conspiracy. You were just unlucky. End of.

This.

Thing is, who goes to Glastonbury and doesn't want to go back the next year? Weirdos, that's who. 

Everyone else is planning on coming back before they've left as well as who they're bringing with them.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Penrhos said:

There way definitely something different this year with how see ran the sale. . I can't quite put my finger on it, but the way the holding page worked and how unstable the booking and payments pages were. Didn't seem to be the same as in previous years, perhaps it's the switch to AWS?

the hints were there in plane sight, with warnings of:-

• Only one tab & one browser per device.
  • Redirection to a dummy holding page if refreshing too quickly.
  • The 6 minutes to complete your booking (complete with countdown timer that kept freezing).
  • Registration numbers blocked for 10 minutes on failed bookings.

Its obvious there is no queue, just multiple holding pages and if you press F5 at just the right moment, as a slot comes free on the back-end servers hosting the booking page, you are in - then you have to hope back-page and clicking proceed & buy tickets multiple times actually gets you through multiple page crashes to ticket nirvana. 

Work iPad mini with O2 4G using Safari, iPhone SE with Vodafone 4G using Chrome, MacBook with hotel wifi (Virgin broadband) using Safari, Samsung Galaxy with Virgin Mobile 4G using whatever default browser that piece of shite uses. All unsuccessful. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Upvote 1

Trying to figure out what internet/browser/device/god to pray to from individual anecdotal accounts is basically the same as trying to figure out what eye colour or month you should be born in to get tickets. Other than a general faster internet = slightly improved chances, I doubt there's any pattern. 

And even if there was, you wouldn't get find it from such a small sample size and many moving parts ?

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

My mate who lives in Shepton and doesn't need a ticket as he works on the piss patrol reckons it's the Russian's lol.. Mind you he's a real conspiracy person lol.. 

Yeah, we got through twice from Moscow. He’s definitely on to something.