Best Glastonbury book: something to do while it pisses it down

Respectfatfrog

10 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

To be fair that’s exactly what they say on the tin i.e. a middle aged Dad’s first experience of Glastonbury!

I'd argue he didn't experience Glastonbury. And certainly nowhere near enough that it's worth writing books about - he barely had enough material for a blog post.

22 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

I am just reading Glastonbury by Crispin Aubrey & John Shearlaw  and it gives a good insight to the various characters and  individuals over the years who have been associated with Glastonbury.

yes it is - I found it years ago  

sadly it only gives details from 1970 to 2003 - would be great if they brought out a recent update.

But don't let that put people off because its a cracking book and well worth the money .

Goes into the Production more than from a ticket holders point of view but as I know some of the people mentioned its interesting reading their take on events.

I already own the book and it was so good ' I bought a second in 2015 as a present for a friend who is on my Team - sure it was second hand { marked down as Used - Like New } but at £2.29 {Free Delivery in the UK on orders over £10.00 } it was well worth the money and it was in so good a condition ' he thought it was brand new '

please note - its not clear if the two books are identical 

Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Ebury Press (2 Jun. 2005)
ISBN-10: 0091897637
ISBN-13: 978-0091897635

Hardcover: 256 pages
Publisher: Ebury Press; Illustrated  edition (3 Jun. 2004)
ISBN-10: 0091895995
ISBN-13: 978-0091895990

my version is called ' Glastonbury Festival Tales Format: Hardcover ' Author: Crispin Aubrey & John Shearlaw.

I would have bought the Paperback version but # at that time # the Hardcover version was far cheaper.

------------

in the 80's I was onsite and on a wander and there was a Book stall and I spotted a book that had some cracking shots of Glasto - it was expensive at the time so I did not buy it # but I wish I had # looked for the book stall the year later but she was not there - have not a clue what it was called.

1762910.thumb.jpg.7a583a3f55093b85bea4a749106ebc65.jpg

I picked up a copy of "FESTIVAL: The Glastonbury Novel" by David Belbin from a charity shop a couple of years back. Its a novel for teenagers, so bear in mind it revolves around tangled relationships rather than the long drops and the best route from West Holts to Pyramid, and its not exactly great literature, but it's sort of fun and gives you a flavour of what it was like to go to your first one. Can't think it's still in print but available on kindle I imagine