Nine Inch Nails

gearbm95

Last night was incredible. Was a bit apprehensive as the weather turned biblical and all the ponchos ran out at the stores, but it was quickly forgotten as they took the stage.

La Mer, Happiness in Slavery, AATCHB, and Sanctified were highlights, as well as that double rainbow.

Was interesting to see which tracks got the biggest reactions. All the With Teeth material went down an absolute storm unexpectedly.

Would really love to see them on the farm. 

Fucking hell they were great last night! The set list was not as good as Friday’s but they were so good it didn’t matter. Yves was pretty good too.

Eden Project makes for an awesome venue, drinks and toilets are never that long, it looks amazing and the slope is good for everyone having a good view. Getting there turned into a nightmare as I couldn’t get a taxi so we had to walk 2 miles in the hard pissing down rain on country roads with no pavement. It was so worth it though!

Hopefully I can find someone selling a tix for the London show next week so I can watch them again.

39 minutes ago, jump said:

Hopefully I can find someone selling a tix for the London show next week so I can watch them again.

Keep an eye on twickets.

I hate to say it, but with there being a rail strike on the Tuesday, that may cause some to throw some extra tickets back into the mix.

11 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Keep an eye on twickets.

I hate to say it, but with there being a rail strike on the Tuesday, that may cause some to throw some extra tickets back into the mix.

Yep, I’ve already set up my Twickets alert and I had a look on ticketmaster for anyone is reselling.

I’m hoping for some people to cancel because of the train strikes but last night I was talking to people from who came Jersey, Norway and Australia so it looks like a lot of people aren’t letting travelling put them off.

Not the best setlist at Manchester tonight but still an absolutely incredible gig. Loads of ‘hits’ left off in favour of slightly lesser known stuff which my partner wasn’t best pleased about, but I loved it. Can’t believe they didn’t play Heresy though after playing it at almost every other gig - was so excited to hear that one. 

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not the best setlist at Manchester tonight but still an absolutely incredible gig. Loads of ‘hits’ left off in favour of slightly lesser known stuff which my partner wasn’t best pleased about, but I loved it. Can’t believe they didn’t play Heresy though after playing it at almost every other gig - was so excited to hear that one. 

I think you maybe shouldve set those expectations and said "dont expect the hits". I told my gf the first time I took her to a NIN show in 2013 and said "theyre  not playing Closer" this tour. It didnt matter cause she had a good time since the Tension Tour was a huge production. And then got to hear Closer in 2017.

I imagine  Discipline through Me Im Not was a section where lots of people who were casual fans mightve gone for a drink or the loo.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think you maybe shouldve set those expectations and said "dont expect the hits". I told my gf the first time I took her to a NIN show in 2013 and said "theyre  not playing Closer" this tour. It didnt matter cause she had a good time since the Tension Tour was a huge production. And then got to hear Closer in 2017.

I imagine  Discipline through Me Im Not was a section where lots of people who were casual fans mightve gone for a drink or the loo.

Oh yeah I know they mix it up every night so there’s a good chance you won’t get all the songs/singles you want - was just surprised at how many they missed off tonight. No Terrible Lie, March of the Pigs, Heresy, Closer, The Hand That Feeds, Copy of A, probably more I’m forgetting. Set was absolutely sick and it’s incredible that they’re such an insanely tight and brilliant live act this far in to their career - really one of the best going - but one or two of those songs added would’ve elevated it to near perfect. Wish I had the money/time to follow them on tour to get all the bangers. Eden Sessions night #1 is the best of the U.K. run thus far imo. 

Hopefully won’t be another 15 year gap until I get to see them next!

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Oh yeah I know they mix it up every night so there’s a good chance you won’t get all the songs/singles you want - was just surprised at how many they missed off tonight. No Terrible Lie, March of the Pigs, Heresy, Closer, The Hand That Feeds, Copy of A, probably more I’m forgetting. Set was absolutely sick and it’s incredible that they’re such an insanely tight and brilliant live act this far in to their career - really one of the best going - but one or two of those songs added would’ve elevated it to near perfect. Wish I had the money/time to follow them on tour to get all the bangers. Eden Sessions night #1 is the best of the U.K. run thus far imo. 

Hopefully won’t be another 15 year gap until I get to see them next!

Yeah thats the big bummer. Im sure it was madness  for anyone in the uk when it was just 4 - 6 night residencies for 2018 in the states and you kinda couldnt get a ticket since it was all in person sales. I figure youll get another chance next year if they get on  with Primavera and actually do some other Europe dates. Paris prob gets a couple of nights easily. For now I have one date and holding off for Primavera LA tickets to drop in cost. And I expect a small venue show that week since theres a glaring gap.

Edited by Suprefan

I saw them last night in Manchester and it was an amazing experience. Random people hugging me and crying during Hurt (you could hear a pin drop during the quieter bits of the song). The crowd singing Every Day is the Same back to him for 2 mins (Trent loved this) and i finally got to see Something I Can Never Have at the 10th attempt of seeing them.

It was a joy to see, amazing live band.

It's very annoying only a handful of people are listing tixs on twickets for tonight and they get sold instantly and apparently Ticketmaster have turned off the resale option on the tickets now so it looks like I won't be going tonight. 😞

On 6/18/2022 at 11:12 AM, Euphoricape said:

Yeah  I live literally 5 minutes from Eden. It's a really nice area, lots of nice beaches and walks. Don't bother with st austell town centre, it's a run down hole unfortunately. Charlestown it's well worth a visit, a picturesque historic harbourside with nice restaurants and bars. Also Fowey is really nice and has boat trips and probably the best pubs in Cornwall, The galleon is a favourite and has bands on Friday and Saturday nights. Enjoy your weekend mate, NIN were amazing last night from what I've heard.

Thanks for that. I was planning on going to Charlestown already and it was lovely. 🙂 I managed to get a good seat at the pub overlooking the harbour and spent a few hours drinking and admiring the view. I was gonna go to the Shipwreck Museum too but when we got there a bunch of kids were going in as part of a school trip so we skipped it to avoid them.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on what Eden Sessions are happening next year for another weekend away even if it's not a must see band like NIN.

Loved the Manchester show. Great atmosphere, and happy they're mixing the setlist up even more than usual and not automatically wheeling out the set staples. Nice to get a few that I've not seen before like Sin, SICNH, Discipline, Wretched, Only, AATCHB... And the mass sing-along to Every Day Is Exactly the Same was unexpected - didn't realise it was so popular.

Shame they're not headlining the Other this weekend

• Upvote 1