Nine Inch Nails

gearbm95

10 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

That's amazing! Nothing to be ashamed of.

@JSmurphy – it was a little odd, yeah, but people didn't let it stop them. Some diehards in the upper balcony going spare, tops off, the works. A nice feeling in the Southbank lounge prior, definitely a different kind of pre-gig anticipation.

I can just about make myself and my wife out when the video pans to the right slightly during that as well.  I probably looked like a twat throughout as well!  😀

The seating was a bit of a distraction, but for the darker slower stuff, it felt amazing in that venue.  I think the RAH must have felt weirder for a NIN gig

And agree on the buzz prior to the gig!

Edited by Greenelk

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

That's amazing! Nothing to be ashamed of.

@JSmurphy – it was a little odd, yeah, but people didn't let it stop them. Some diehards in the upper balcony going spare, tops off, the works. A nice feeling in the Southbank lounge prior, definitely a different kind of pre-gig anticipation.

I'm sure it was a top gig. I saw them the summer before in Madrid and they were excellent too. Southbank Centre is awesome.

On 5/18/2020 at 6:37 PM, Greenelk said:

I can just about make myself and my wife out when the video pans to the right slightly during that as well.  I probably looked like a twat throughout as well!  😀

The seating was a bit of a distraction, but for the darker slower stuff, it felt amazing in that venue.  I think the RAH must have felt weirder for a NIN gig

And agree on the buzz prior to the gig!

Was at both, upper balcony for Festival Hall and front row of Circle at the RAH. Both were excellent shows, the seating thing was a bit weird. Great for friends with us who are vertically challenged though! 

• Upvote 1

On 5/18/2020 at 6:26 AM, JSmurphy said:

Weird seeing that in a seated venue.

Not really. The first time I ever saw them was in a seated theater and was totally fine with that. The “final” show in 2009 was in a theater that had standing floor and a seated balcony. I was perfectly content being upstairs with a seat for the almost 4 hour marathon. Have had lots of up close moments so its nice to have different perspectives and not just feel its a requirement to see them in just a standing only venue. It makes you appreciate it all more and how many arena caliber acts have made this much of an effort lately to play smaller venues of all types and vary up the setlist quite a bit along with multiple nights at each tour stop. 

and yeah, the news of a fall tour was a gut punch this morning. Guess theyll just be at Primavera LA next year if it ever happens.

Edited by Suprefan

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

and yeah, the news of a fall tour was a gut punch this morning. Guess theyll just be at Primavera LA next year if it ever happens.

Guy who runs Primavera mentioned a while back and that they were originally lined up for all three Primaveras this year before they had to pull out of the summer ones due to Trents new baby, so really hoping that’s a good sign that they’ll be at Primavera Sound next year.

11 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Biggest punch in the guts as I have a year abroad arranged for Vancouver from September so could’ve gone to see them. I don’t know whether that will happen either but it would’ve been so so good. Here’s hoping for a proper NIN album though, and then a Glastonbury 2021 slot haha

• 1 year later...

I've just had a look at the setlist from their US tour, they are playing both Closer and The Perfect Drug. Despite seeing them 3 times and Closer is their biggest song I've never actually seen them play it before, touchwood it stays on the setlist when they play Eden Project.

10 minutes ago, jump said:

I've just had a look at the setlist from their US tour, they are playing both Closer and The Perfect Drug. Despite seeing them 3 times and Closer is their biggest song I've never actually seen them play it before, touchwood it stays on the setlist when they play Eden Project.

That setlist they played last night is sick. I know they switch it up a bit from gig to gig, but I’ll stick with that please! That four song Fragile opening run 🤤

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That setlist they played last night is sick. I know they switch it up a bit from gig to gig, but I’ll stick with that please! That four song Fragile opening run 🤤

Yeah, there's a few odd omissions like Terrible Lie and Wish but if they played that setlist I would be happy.

3 hours ago, jump said:

The Perfect Drug is a surprise. Trent has previously said it's one of his least favourites and more or less written to order for a film soundtrack. It was the first song of theirs I heard and pretty much got me into the band. Hope it sticks around.

• 1 month later...

I'm seeing them tonight so I had a looks at last night's set list figuring with the way he likes to change up the set list if he didn't play something last night then there's a good chance he will play it tonight. However fuck me last's night's setlist was so good with Wish, Closer, March Of The Pigs, Gave Up, The Perfect Drug, Heresy, Shit Mirror, Love Is Not Enough, Down In It, Copy Of A etc so that's a massive chunk of my favourites which sods law means he's not playing it tonight. Touchwood that means he's playing All The Love In The World, Terrible Lie, Survivalism, Ruiner, Echoplex, Right Where It Belongs, Last, Discipline and the super rare We're In This Together!

22 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm seeing them tonight so I had a looks at last night's set list figuring with the way he likes to change up the set list if he didn't play something last night then there's a good chance he will play it tonight. However fuck me last's night's setlist was so good with Wish, Closer, March Of The Pigs, Gave Up, The Perfect Drug, Heresy, Shit Mirror, Love Is Not Enough, Down In It, Copy Of A etc so that's a massive chunk of my favourites which sods law means he's not playing it tonight. Touchwood that means he's playing All The Love In The World, Terrible Lie, Survivalism, Ruiner, Echoplex, Right Where It Belongs, Last, Discipline and the super rare We're In This Together!

I'm off to see them on Monday night in Manchester. I'm really looking forward to it at a smaller venue. Like you say you can never tell what they will play. I thought the stars were aligned this year to play Glastonbury again and with the support band playing West Holt's stage too.

Enjoy 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jump said:

Total lottery as to what they’ll play, we got Down in it and Discipline at Glasgow , which I never expected at all!

As good as I’ve seen them, you’ll have a great night!

2 hours ago, jump said:

I’m going tonight and would kill for the setlist they played last night so I’m guessing ours won’t be too similar. Hoping for Survivalism, 1,000,000, Wish, Closer, Shit Mirror, The Beginning Of The End, Me, I’m Not, Terrible Lie, Piggy & March Of The Pigs so not asking for much, haha. 

The setlists they’ve been playing lately have been insane and I’m so stoked for the Manchester show. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t hope he plays as little from the latest four albums/EPs as possible when I see them, not because they’re bad, but just because I want to hear as many of the classics as possible and he’s been busting out some songs that he hasn’t played in years (or even ever - the ever controversial/maligned Everything getting its live debut the other night looked brilliant). 

41 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

I'm a postie, and was down there early evening to empty the post box so went past the entry queue. I had to laugh at some people dressed in black trousers and full on goth gear, when it was about 30 degree heat. I was melting in tshirt and shorts.

Are you a local then? I’m having a long weekend away in St Austell to see NIN plus the beach & Eden Project so I could do with some tips on things to do in the area if you're happy to give any.

Edited by jump

9 minutes ago, jump said:

Are you a local then? I’m having a long weekend away in St Austell to see NIN plus the beach & Eden Project so I could do with some tips on things to do in the area if you're happy to give any.

Yeah  I live literally 5 minutes from Eden. It's a really nice area, lots of nice beaches and walks. Don't bother with st austell town centre, it's a run down hole unfortunately. Charlestown it's well worth a visit, a picturesque historic harbourside with nice restaurants and bars. Also Fowey is really nice and has boat trips and probably the best pubs in Cornwall, The galleon is a favourite and has bands on Friday and Saturday nights. Enjoy your weekend mate, NIN were amazing last night from what I've heard.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Holy shit they played Happiness in Slavery tonight. Incredible. I’m so jealous. Can’t wait to see what (if any) rarities they get out for Manchester, although that one’s gonna take some topping. 

Would be cool if they did another no songs past 1995 set.I had that one of the 4 nights I saw them last in 2018. We were freaking out when 10 songs in nothing new was being played and then figured it out. So kept trying to guess what else could pop up.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2018/hollywood-palladium-los-angeles-ca-3394ac99.html

Edited by Suprefan