Nine Inch Nails

gearbm95

10 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

We just got word the Ireland dates have fallen through. No other updates on further shows at this time is what we're hearing. They are definitely going to be active next summer but after those dates fell through we've heard nothing else.

Active in Europe? Still a possibility for Glastonbury?

35 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Active in Europe? Still a possibility for Glastonbury?

I probably want NIN to play Glastonbury more than any other act, but I think the chances are pretty slim really. If they were touring Europe/the UK I reckon they'd end up doing their own shows, or even headlining a smaller fest like APE instead.

Edited by FloorFiller
APE not ATP

11 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

We just got word the Ireland dates have fallen through. No other updates on further shows at this time is what we're hearing. They are definitely going to be active next summer but after those dates fell through we've heard nothing else.

Away to fuck you gobshite.

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Nine Inch Nails are gearing up for a return. In a new interview with Revolver, frontman Trent Reznor revealed the band is planning to record new music and go on tour in 2020. 

Source

Hmm there was somebody on here saying tour plans had been delayed until next year due to him having another kid. Wonder if that was bollocks or if it’s all been delayed until later in the year. Good news on both tour and new album anyway - really hoping he does more of an extensive tour this time around as I’m dying to see them live again - last time was Leeds fest 2007! 

28 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Great news they’re potentially active again!!

have seen them numerous times over the years, nothing will beat this one though!!

This is undoubtedly one of the coolest things I have ever seen 

NIN at King Tut's! Oh my days...

Edited by Sasperella

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

So......Nine Inch Nails were supposed to be coming over to the UK this summer before his wife became pregnant, and it was postponed until 2021. 21 years on, who would like to see them headline the Other Stage at the same time as Taylor Swift plays the Pyramid? 

Me, please. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, she bangs the drums said:

So......Nine Inch Nails were supposed to be coming over to the UK this summer before his wife became pregnant, and it was postponed until 2021. 21 years on, who would like to see them headline the Other Stage at the same time as Taylor Swift plays the Pyramid? 

I’d like to see them headline the OS, but not opposite Taylor, or any of this years three... so if they could hold off on doing it until 2022 that’d be great.

Hoping to catch them somewhere next summer regardless. Haven’t seen them since 2007 so it’s long overdue.

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d like to see them headline the OS, but not opposite Taylor, or any of this years three... so if they could hold off on doing it until 2022 that’d be great.

Hoping to catch them somewhere next summer regardless. Haven’t seen them since 2007 so it’s long overdue.

I like Taylor Swift and have seen her live, but just thinking Trent would like to be up against her on the bill

43 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yes yes, this would rule.

You'd hope Fatboy might take it on the chin if he was bumped off the Other headline perch for Trent and the lads. He was doing well to be up there in the first place, really.

As much as Fatboy Slim is a Glastonbury favourite, you would be disappointed if he is still headlining the Other Stage next year and that is no disrespect to him.

45 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

As much as Fatboy Slim is a Glastonbury favourite, you would be disappointed if he is still headlining the Other Stage next year and that is no disrespect to him.

If he was doing it for the big super 50th wow birthday omg extravaganza then he’s not going anywhere.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah I mean, he feels like the expendable pick – maybe even a last-ditch back-up, as we saw a few years ago when Annie Mac jumped in to headline the JP, or even last year with the Sean Paul / Diplo switcheroo.

No guarantee NIN would slide in, but I think the fest would have an easier time persuading Norm than Dua.

What do you mean Annie Mac ‘jumped in’? Sean Paul got a slot because Diplo dropped out. These were conscious choices - just because you don’t like the booking doesn’t mean it wasn’t by design. If they were struggling for an Other headliner, they wouldn’t have announced Fat Boy Slim for the slot in the initial announcement.

It’s clear that it’s something they want to happen and they could have had other acts do it instead but didn’t. It’s very unlikely that they’re going to turn around to Norman and say “well I know we’re carrying the lineup over as much as possible but you play everyfuckingwhere so sod off to IICON”. Dumping him would be a huge slap in the face to someone who has played the festival 100+ times for free.

54 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Anyway, back on topic – it would be interesting to see what iteration of NIN gets pulled out, if they did get booked.

Last time they were over, it was a full-bodied band, but they opted for quite a Fragile-heavily set. The new Bad Witch material sounded ferocious live, I'd hope they lean into that as well as keeping the hits coming and the moments of vulnerability. Wish was incredible as a set-closer & with that added muscle (literal in Trent's case) behind it, would love to hear it in the open/post sundown.

They opened with it at Leeds Festival 2013 when Trent was angry because Biffy Clyro headline set meant they had to make do with watered down lighting. It set the tone well.

Wish
Terrible Lie
The Beginning of the End
(Trent didn't sing first verse)
Survivalism
March of the Pigs
Piggy
Burn
Reptile
Gave Up
Suck (Pigface cover)
The Frail
The Wretched
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole

Funny thing is my friend who had never seen them before said the lighting was fantastic and Biffy stage set up was one of the best I've seen for a headliner at Leeds! 

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Anyway, back on topic – it would be interesting to see what iteration of NIN gets pulled out, if they did get booked.

Last time they were over, it was a full-bodied band, but they opted for quite a Fragile-heavily set. The new Bad Witch material sounded ferocious live, I'd hope they lean into that as well as keeping the hits coming and the moments of vulnerability. Wish was incredible as a set-closer & with that added muscle (literal in Trent's case) behind it, would love to hear it in the open/post sundown.

Oh dear! I am in the bottom right of that video dancing about like a twat! :D

• Upvote 3