Southside / Hurricane 2019

gregory

10 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

The Streets stick out like a sore thumb in that lot. Good to see them around next summer though.

i remember the Ting Tings a few years back appearing at a bunch of rock and metal festivals in Europe, looked very out of place sandwiched between Trivium and in flames

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never been to one of these before but if the clashfinder I found are correct, it's not looking like mainstage 1 & mainstage 2 setup because there is an overlap. Is this true? So this means the Cure headlining a second stage? 

Edited by e2p2

43 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I've never been to one of these before but if the clashfinder I found are correct, it's not looking like mainstage 1 & mainstage 2 setup because there is an overlap. Is this true? So this means the Cure headlining a second stage? 

RaR/RiP festivals get one band on the 2nd stage when they have 4 headliners. I wouldn't be surprised if they do that here too. One year they had Slipknot, this year it was Gorillaz on the 2nd stage

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

AM and AF were on the same day last year. AM on 1 and AF on 2. The Friday at southside the bill goes till 2am so I think one starts after the other finishes ( I left AM half way through). On the Sunday at Hurricane though the curfew is about 11 so they clash. So southside is you're better chance of seeing both although you have the longer sets this year.

Edit - They only started the first day at 2-3pm this year too so you might have better chance of southside pushing the start forward to accommodate it.

Edited by tomato12345
Extra info
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, tomato12345 said:

AM and AF were on the same day last year. AM on 1 and AF on 2. The Friday at southside the bill goes till 2am so I think one starts after the other finishes ( I left AM half way through). On the Sunday at Hurricane though the curfew is about 11 so they clash. So southside is you're better chance of seeing both although you have the longer sets this year.

Edit - They only started the first day at 2-3pm this year too so you might have better chance of southside pushing the start forward to accommodate it.

Thanx! Actually I'm more interested with the concept and setup than actually going over there as the other days are much less interesting for me. I do hope to find a festival on either side of Glastonbury so I'll keep an eye on that one. 

11 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Thanx! Actually I'm more interested with the concept and setup than actually going over there as the other days are much less interesting for me. I do hope to find a festival on either side of Glastonbury so I'll keep an eye on that one. 

Keep in mind that it's COLD there.
We've been at Hurricane this year and there were three days of rain and wind under temperature from 8 to 12 degrees. Great lineup, nice organization, but weather made it hellish for us. 2019 edition has the best line-up for me as for now, it's like this year's Mad Cool; but I just don't want to come back yet ?
And yes, AM and AF played the last day and clashed by 20 minutes. I think the same goes to 2019 sunday headliners.

Edited by Mondo-kun

3 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

We were at Hurricane this year and there were three days of rain and wind under temperature from 8 to 12 degrees. Great lineup, nice organization, but weather made it hellish for us.
And yes, AM and AF played the last day and clashed by 20 minutes. I think the same goes to 2019 sunday headliners.

Yeah, they have a history of bad weather. 20 minutes is quite an overlap, especially when the sets are 90 minutes long but I guess the Cure and the Foos will play at least 120 minutes set. How far those stages are from each other?

4 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Yeah, they have a history of bad weather. 20 minutes is quite an overlap, especially when the sets are 90 minutes long but I guess the Cure and the Foos will play at least 120 minutes set. How far those stages are from each other?

Maybe two minutes walk, not more, maybe five if the crowd is big. But if you want to stay in front area you should come before the set starts, because they close it after reaching some limit of people there. We came to see AM 20 minutes before their show started, and still couldn't make it to be in front. 
Foos will probably play green stage and The Cure will be at blue one.

Безымянный.png

2 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

We've been at Hurricane this year and there were three days of rain and wind under temperature from 8 to 12 degrees. Great lineup, nice organization, but weather made it hellish for us. 2019 edition has the best line-up for me as for now, it's like this year's Mad Cool; but I just don't want to come back yet ?

The weather was why I decided to go to southside. Even though I was trying to tie in a trip to Miniatur Wunderland. Was a toasty 25c all week. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Hi! Anyone who's been to Hurricane Before who can tip me which town to choose if you want to stay in a hotel and commute every day to the festival area?  Thanks in advance=)   

I was never there, because there aren't really a town in walking distance. If you are lucky, you will probably find a Hotel/B&B around the festival, the village called Scheessel. But for that, you may already too late. Bremen and Hamburg are both around 40-60 mins away. The trainstation of Scheeseel is very close to the festival.

Trains to Scheessel:

metronom Elbe-Takt - Hamburg Hbf  - Uelzen

metronom Weser-Takt - Hamburg Hbf  - Bremen Hbf

metronom Aller- & Leinetal-Takt - Uelzen - Hannover Hbf - Göttingen

Check for timetable https://www.der-metronom.com/

Edited by berger55

28 minutes ago, berger55 said:

I was never there, because there aren't really a town in walking distance. If you are lucky, you will probably find a Hotel/B&B around the festival, the village called Scheessel. But for that, you may already too late. Bremen and Hamburg are both around 40-60 mins away. The trainstation of Scheeseel is very close to the festival.

Trains to Scheessel:

metronom Elbe-Takt - Hamburg Hbf  - Uelzen

metronom Weser-Takt - Hamburg Hbf  - Bremen Hbf

metronom Aller- & Leinetal-Takt - Uelzen - Hannover Hbf - Göttingen

Check for timetable https://www.der-metronom.com/

Thanks! Thats really helpful info:)  Hope the trains run late during the festival then..

25 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Thanks! Thats really helpful info:)  Hope the trains run late during the festival then..

I wouldn't count that they have a special nite service for the festival. Last trains will run between 1am and 2 am. The train is included in the ticket, but its mainly for go to the festival and back once, so it's made fore those who are camping there. https://www.hurricane.de/de/infos/anreise1/

Edited by berger55

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 12:28 PM, ParanoidTourist said:

So any new names for this festival soon? Or are the "known" bands already announced? 

Sunday has an excellent lineup I Think.

Sum up from a German forum (festival-community.net):

Unofficially confirmed through Foo Fighters FB Poster: Bloc Party, Wolf Alice, You Me At Six, Elle King, Aurora, Alan Walker

Very likely:

The Subways, Kodaline, Tash Sultana, Millencolin, Greta Van Fleet, Ska-P, Flogging Molly, Sick Of It All, Paul Kalkbrenner, Years & Years, Antilopen Gang, Major Lazer, The Amity Affliction, Eskimo Callboy, Giant Rooks, Rikas, Miles Kane, Nothin but Thieves, The Hives, Mother‘s Cake, Waving The Guns, Friska Viljor

Less likely but first hints:

The National, Editors, Noel Gallagher, Garbage, Swedish House Mafia, Idles, Diplo, Mac DeMarco, Pussy Riot, Ignite, Razz, The Darkness, Käptn Peng & Die Tentakel von Delphi, Massendefekt, Sondaschule, Skindred, Reel Big Fish, Sum 41, Robin Schulz, Mantar, Kurt Vile, Glen Hansard, Bloody Beetroots

1 hour ago, berger55 said:

Sum up from a German forum (festival-community.net):

Unofficially confirmed through Foo Fighters FB Poster: Bloc Party, Wolf Alice, You Me At Six, Elle King, Aurora, Alan Walker

Very likely:

The Subways, Kodaline, Tash Sultana, Millencolin, Greta Van Fleet, Ska-P, Flogging Molly, Sick Of It All, Paul Kalkbrenner, Years & Years, Antilopen Gang, Major Lazer, The Amity Affliction, Eskimo Callboy, Giant Rooks, Rikas, Miles Kane, Nothin but Thieves, The Hives, Mother‘s Cake, Waving The Guns, Friska Viljor

Less likely but first hints:

The National, Editors, Noel Gallagher, Garbage, Swedish House Mafia, Idles, Diplo, Mac DeMarco, Pussy Riot, Ignite, Razz, The Darkness, Käptn Peng & Die Tentakel von Delphi, Massendefekt, Sondaschule, Skindred, Reel Big Fish, Sum 41, Robin Schulz, Mantar, Kurt Vile, Glen Hansard, Bloody Beetroots

Ah thank you=) I saw that Bloc Party are playing Berlin on the 21st of June so maybe not on that date. Garbage, Noel, Hives, Wolf Alice would be great!