Fitness for Glasto 2019 Thread

The Placid Casual

14 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

I did some emergency “surgery” this morning - heated the end of a corkscrew with a lighter then pressed down on the nail. After a few minutes I managed to pierce it and let some blood out! Instant relief!

Looked forward to a nice relaxing bank holiday off work...then got a call at 11am from the club captain - “Can you play today please - we’ve had a drop out?!”

Scored a few runs, didn’t aggravate the injury and we won handsomely!

Heroic!

You absolute monster. It's a rank thing to do but the relief is sooooooooooo worth it.

This ranks second only to @Superscally's rancid toenail mankery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I'd love to see your moves!

On the farm everyone will. Let's just say Dance like nobody is watching is a mantra I live by! Zero fucks given. I had somebody come up to see me after Radiohead at Old Trafford to say they'd been impressed by my energy!! I think that means we don't expect to see a fat bird dance for that long. 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Heroic!

You absolute monster. It's a rank thing to do but the relief is sooooooooooo worth it.

This ranks second only to @Superscally's rancid toenail mankery.

Wow I'm not sure. Doing it to yourself is hardcore. @barkley87's suggestion of the sterile needle twisting through the nail is what the podiatrist did to me, with some scalpel blade action down the top and at the base...

9 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Wow I'm not sure. Doing it to yourself is hardcore. @barkley87's suggestion of the sterile needle twisting through the nail is what the podiatrist did to me, with some scalpel blade action down the top and at the base...

Well that's lunch fucked!

3 hours ago, Superscally said:

I'm actually terrified of needles too so looking back I have no idea how I did it. I must have been desperate!

This thread has taken a massive turn for the rotten.  Compounded by @Woffy tagging me for no apparent reason, just so I'd see a page of masochism and pics of manky feet.  

Back on track after holiday, not lost as much as I'd expected.  Unfortunately my knee still isn't playing the game, so I didn't get to continue my tradition of fitting at least one run while on holiday - took my kit, made it about 50 yards down the road and realised it wasn't happening. Gutted.

On the plus side it survived a cycle in the Cotswolds on the weekend, so going to try running again tomorrow I think.

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

This thread has taken a massive turn for the rotten.  Compounded by @Woffy tagging me for no apparent reason, just so I'd see a page of masochism and pics of manky feet.  

Back on track after holiday, not lost as much as I'd expected.  Unfortunately my knee still isn't playing the game, so I didn't get to continue my tradition of fitting at least one run while on holiday - took my kit, made it about 50 yards down the road and realised it wasn't happening. Gutted.

On the plus side it survived a cycle in the Cotswolds on the weekend, so going to try running again tomorrow I think.

Yeah, I tagged you by mistake about summat else, dude. But I’m not taking the blame for Rob’s Manky Toes!

Sorry to hear about the knee still giving you bother. 

Today is rest and dirty dinner day in my house. Just pondering what to have (possibly with chips). 

Well today was monthly weigh in and I was 9 lb's down taking my total loss for this year to exactly 50lb's. I have a lot of weight to lose so not even halfway to wear I need to be but hey going good guns still so I'm pleased. Should be the fittest I've been for a good few years at Glastonbury this year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Well today was monthly weigh in and I was 9 lb's down taking my total loss for this year to exactly 50lb's. I have a lot of weight to lose so not even halfway to wear I need to be but hey going good guns still so I'm pleased. Should be the fittest I've been for a good few years at Glastonbury this year. 

Good work!

Just starting to get back into the swing of it after holiday, spin last night was brutal!

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Out of upvotes, but that's an amazing effort!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Good work!

Just starting to get back into the swing of it after holiday, spin last night was brutal!

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Out of upvotes, but that's an amazing effort!

Thanks both. The starting was the hardest part. Not doing any fitness things on the level of anybody else in here but changing diet and getting out and walking more has been enough to make a huge difference for me. 

... and the results are in. last week I exercised 6 times in prep for Shindig, mainly cardio, and lost a pound.

This week I have exercised 4 times (50/50 weights to cardio as have been knackered) and have lost three pounds.

Proof positive that going to festivals is indeed good for you (I lost weight the week I went to Shindig last year too I remember).

My first dry week results are in...

3Ibs down! Super happy, shows how bad the booze can be for you!

On top of the no alcohol I am tracking my calorie intake with my fitness pal in the week, did a 10km race saturday and a 5mile walk yday...(but thats a normal weekend for me) Defiantly the no booze that helps the most!

Hope everyone else's fitness attempts are going well!

On top of the no alcohol I am tracking my calorie intake with my fitness pal in the week, did a 10km race saturday and a 5mile walk yday...(but thats a normal weekend for me) Defiantly the no booze that helps the most!

On 6/3/2019 at 1:42 PM, amyg1990 said:

I definitely found cutting out Alcohol had a massive impact for me, I am just worried I'm going to have turned into a lightweight!

46 minutes ago, Ryanp1993 said:

I definitely found cutting out Alcohol had a massive impact for me, I am just worried I'm going to have turned into a lightweight!

Ha ha same here!

Ive now stopped loosing weight but am staying the same I've gone from 10st5 to 9st13 - happy with that 

Its my partners bday at the weekend so ill probably have some with him for that so maybe ill be ok by the time i get to Glastonbury ? 

6 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

Ha ha same here!

Ive now stopped loosing weight but am staying the same I've gone from 10st5 to 9st13 - happy with that 

Its my partners bday at the weekend so ill probably have some with him for that so maybe ill be ok by the time i get to Glastonbury ? 

Awesome work!, yeah get your tolerance back! I hope you have a great time.