Fitness for Glasto 2019 Thread

The Placid Casual

Fitness has happened but the auld shorts are still gonna be tight so its a 50 days until Glastonbury detox starting soon. 

Already pencilled in one day on the ale on the daft chance Liverpool might win the league next Sunday !!!

9 hours ago, faymondo said:

Fitness has happened but the auld shorts are still gonna be tight so its a 50 days until Glastonbury detox starting soon. 

Already pencilled in one day on the ale on the daft chance Liverpool might win the league next Sunday !!!

There is still hope .... just :) 

10 hours ago, Woffy said:

Ah! Yes! You lot got there in the end though. ?

10 hours ago, faymondo said:

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

There is still hope .... just :) 

It would be some party...

16 hours ago, Superscally said:

Ha! If you could! Real Forrest Gump...comes every year...20th anniversary of his first...WWF, Peace Direct...will run to the festival from Liverpool...etc etc... Tbh...I'd crawl if I got a ticket...

Thanks for thinking of me! ?

Sorry was out all the rest of yesterday but have sent them a 2 tweet plea on your behalf now. 

18 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Happy to achieve a PB of 49:53 on the Bristol 10k this morning, hope everyone who took part enjoyed it! Now heading out for tasty we’ll deserved beers! Half marathon training starts next month ????

Well played mate. Beers always taste nicer after a PB, enjoy!

4 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Happy to achieve a PB of 49:53 on the Bristol 10k this morning, hope everyone who took part enjoyed it! Now heading out for tasty we’ll deserved beers! Half marathon training starts next month ????

Great work.

Did a nine miler this morning to go with the 5 I did on Thursday. That said I’ve been on a pretty heavy binge of chocolate and lager since last Sunday. Plus I’m having an Indian for dinner tonight.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:24 AM, Homer said:

It's bank holiday - go crazy! Just been to spin, everyone else keeping it up over the BH weekend?

My gym is closed today....which probably suggests that I should have gone yesterday. But going for a run in a bit and then climbing at 5pm. 

I have been cider free for nearly two weeks! Just drinking vodka or gin and soda water. The added bonus being that as I like it less than cider or wine I don't seem to drink as much ? Have been longingly perusing 20L boxes of scrumpy to take to Glastonbury as my treat for 50 days time!!

20 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

That's a great time ??

After 3 nights of raving and drinking I am in rehab until the next bank holiday. If I could get my 7k circuit down to sub 5 minute splits in the next 3 weeks I'd be dead happy. 

Rather than a long run this morning i tried an 8 miler (road and mostly trail with 500ft total ascent) and tried to run a bit faster then usual.

Managed it in 1hr 7 minutes.

Which is a pace of 8m 22sec/mile...which sounds a bit shit tbh.

7 hours ago, Woffy said:

Rather than a long run this morning i tried an 8 miler (road and mostly trail with 500ft total ascent) and tried to run a bit faster then usual.

Managed it in 1hr 7 minutes.

Which is a pace of 8m 22sec/mile...which sounds a bit shit tbh.

pace  is irrelevant on trails though ...we went out and got a little lost yesterday and ended up doing 14 miles with 1600 ft of ascent (a lot on the devon coast path). Think we ended up at 9 min 20 miles , but some of the hills were completely un-runnable, and would have been better served with a rope to help you climb !

12 hours ago, BeddyDriver said:

pace  is irrelevant on trails though ...we went out and got a little lost yesterday and ended up doing 14 miles with 1600 ft of ascent (a lot on the devon coast path). Think we ended up at 9 min 20 miles , but some of the hills were completely un-runnable, and would have been better served with a rope to help you climb !

Yeah, you're right, dude. I only did my first ultra (VERY SLOWLY!) a few weeks back. And since i've signed up for my second (in September), i've put a lot of effort into my training to getting a little bit quicker. So my run yesterday - rather than a long plod - was intentionally shorter but i ran a lot harder than usual. I was just a bit disappointed that it wasn't as quick as i thought it was going to be, especially since i chose a route that was relatively flat (albeit on trails).

Still, every run is a learning experience!

Running on the Devon Coast sounds gorgeous. I did the Jurassic Coastline 52k...and that felt like 50% running, 50%...'clambering!' :) 

Edited by Woffy
  • Like 1

I just discovered how many carbs there are in a banana!

I'm not sure if super low-carb is for me ? Cutting down is all good though. I still haven't got my thesis comments back from my supervisor, so going to an LBT class at 9.30am. And then getting on with making some booze infusions for Glasto, although that probably belongs in another thread

5 hours ago, Woffy said:

Yeah, you're right, dude. I only did my first ultra (VERY SLOWLY!) a few weeks back. And since i've signed up for my second (in September), i've put a lot of effort into my training to getting a little bit quicker. So my run yesterday - rather than a long plod - was intentionally shorter but i ran a lot harder than usual. I was just a bit disappointed that it wasn't as quick as i thought it was going to be, especially since i chose a route that was relatively flat (albeit on trails).

Still, every run is a learning experience!

Running on the Devon Coast sounds gorgeous. I did the Jurassic Coastline 52k...and that felt like 50% running, 50%...'clambering!' :) 

Haha 50% clambering that's about right....We are doing an event called Race the Tide in 2 weeks on the coast , lots of clambering will happen I feel...