Fitness for Glasto 2019 Thread

The Placid Casual

4 hours ago, Quark said:

My brother does a lot on the Brecons and Black Mountains, I can ask him. Although being my brother it's unlikely that you'll get a remotely useful answer tbh.

Are you thinking long multi-day trails/paths, or just good single day jobs? Perhaps to be combined if you want to pitch tent in the evenings?

Preferably multi-day trails, usually pitching a tent (near a pub), sometimes a hostel. We like to save on accommodation and spend it on good food :P So some Villages along the way would be great. Couple of years ago we thought about doing Offa's Dyke Path, guess there's plenty of information on that. 

Another friend will only come with us if we'll do day hikes without backpack. Do the Black Mountains have a lot of nice paths?

Just did a 45 min bike ride with baby morph strapped to a seat on the crossbar, he loved it apart from when I stopped at a red light where he screamed and head butted me backwards until I started peddling again. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Just did a 45 min bike ride with baby morph strapped to a seat on the crossbar, he loved it apart from when I stopped at a red light where he screamed and head butted me backwards until I started peddling again. 

I approve of baby morph's approach :lol:

4 weeks into this training plan, down half a stone and just over 3% body fat. Bit gutted about the knee, can work around it in the gym but running's not happening yet. Was just getting back into that bit!

18 hours ago, Woffy said:

While trying to find pics of you on the MdS website daily updates & on Twitter there were more stories / pics of her / him than anyone! 

As it should be!!

23 hours ago, Superscally said:

Did you see Cactus the dog? ?

Yes. Dogs are just the best. 

• Upvote 1

To get/keep fit I shall mostly be gardening until Tuesday 25th June, when I will pack my tent and bugger off to the Glade stage for six days. God knows what I’ll be like come Monday 1st July, fit to drop I expect.

On 4/21/2019 at 2:08 PM, StupidDream said:

Fortunately, temperatures are down in the current forecasts, hopefully not too much rain. You'll do fine, reading all you've put in. Crowds add an extra dimension. Do you have some days off after the event? :P

Yeah I’ve got Monday and Tuesday off.

Sunday - Run a marathon

Monday - Game of Thrones

Tuesday - Avengers Endgame

Epic.

Been exercising five times a week every single week this year. Just had a long boozy weekend in Warsaw - and the gym and pool that came with my accommodation was closed for Easter (I tried to go twice!). Going to be an effort to get to five by COP Friday but am determined to do it (managed to do weights this morning!). Manchester derby clashes with my weekly football game too!

Edited by Homer

much family sabotage this weekend - despite telling everyone I was on a diet and I didn't want any crap for Easter, there were several Easter eggs (note were - I've eaten all of them) given to myself and the missus.

Put two pounds on - but still 20lbs less than when I started. On the plus point did an Easter egg hunt with the grand-kids which was fun and clocked up 50K steps over the weekend.

Back on fruit & 0% Greek Yogurt for breakfast and plenty of fruit/veg. 

So

Wednesday - Morning Run. Then afternoon down to London with Son for a gig (stood around head nodding) Few drinks Home and in bed 4.15 am

Thursday - Up at 8 am in for interview (got job) then out at night with friends for too many drinks. Did not eat all day

Friday - Hung-over but 13 mile walk then back on the booze at 14.00 as friends 40th. Drinking all day then off to Bristol for Queen Tribute act and 80's disco (2 bottles of champagne, 6 pinks and 5 shots) Lots of dancing - In bed at 4.30 am

Saturday - Not much, small walk

Sunday - 12 mile walk

Monday - finished second week of Couch to 5k and out for drinks with friends.

So   not too bad training for Glastonbury. I am nearly match fit

On 4/21/2019 at 5:32 PM, dotdash79 said:

50 mile bike ride with 1000 meters of climbing. Legs are starting to feel alive again after a few months off the bike. 

Good effort. It's a great feeling when the legs come back to life. Done a similar ride over the weekend through the Black Mountains. Pictures don't do the heights and views justice - I suddenly felt very small on my bike.
300647366_CONED8Wz.jpgmedium.thumb.jpg.36dd6e50cf39d2f19d0f5ba0a365fc7f.jpg

642730414_bIPzAJ3y.jpgmedium.thumb.jpg.fb7014513f69f96d30584b2b7f44bf3c.jpg

35 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Good effort. It's a great feeling when the legs come back to life. Done a similar ride over the weekend through the Black Mountains. Pictures don't do the heights and views justice - I suddenly felt very small on my bike.

Looks amazing I was on the west Pennines moors. Just got out this evening a quick 20 miles. 

Trying to get back to where I was last year before snapping my wrist. 

41 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Lush. Not been to the Blacks but my brother's taken me out on some routes in the Brecons.

Knee's flared up after the weekend, so having to rethink training at the moment. Gutted, just need to take care of it so I get back sooner rather than later

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Lush. Not been to the Blacks but my brother's taken me out on some routes in the Brecons.

Knee's flared up after the weekend, so having to rethink training at the moment. Gutted, just need to take care of it so I get back sooner rather than later

Some breathtaking views. Never been so tired in all my life though. It was nearly vertical climbs and just as steep descents. Hope the knee heels quickly -always a risk of overdoing the exercise. I've learnt the hard way many times.

In preparation for trekking the Inca trail in mid June and hopefully Glastonbury if I’m successful in the resale I climbed Snowdon on Saturday, bloody hard work but worth it for the views, although the fantastic weather brought out the crowds.